Bud's Flowers With The Viparspectra KS5000

High All, I'm back after a brief hiatus. Only had time to pop in & out for a few minutes at a time the past month or two.
Any ole ways, I did start what I consider a quick grow on Father's Day (6-17-23). I only vegged for 30 days & flipped to flower.
More details to come once I get this journal going.
Hope to see you there ! Tags coming soon !

First of all, this is my second grow with the Viparspectra KS5000 double bad ass 500 watt LED Grow Light. I was really impressed with the way my buds turned out under this light. I got really nice tight compact buds full of glistening crystals. Everyone I smoked with said that was the very best bud I ever grew. I tend to agree.
Whether or not, the light actually caused this.... I don't know. But I like to think it played a big role in it.
Hope you all don't mind, but I'm going to use the unboxing pics from my last journal so anyone that's new to the forum can see what actually comes in the box. I'll also post the links to purchase the light if you are inclined to do so. Hey, you also get a 420Mag discount so that's always a plus !

The Viparspectra KS5000 is a 6 - Bar LED Grow Light with a powerful 500 watt driver. It has perfect coverage for a 4x4 grow tent, which is what I'm currently growing in. The Driver has a long cord so you can easily mount it outside of your tent to help keep your temps down. The light itself is cool to the touch & puts out very little heat. It also comes with the ratchet rope hangers so you can hang it right away & get growing some Super Bud !
Here are some actual pictures of the light as it was unboxed.
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
9.JPG
10.JPG

Well most of you know me as the guy who likes to grow large plants. Yes, that is my favorite way to grow. But for this grow I just wanted to get a little variety of weed so I decided to what I consider a quick grow. 30 Days of Veg & Flip to Flower.
I am growing in the store bought GroBuckets in 5 gallon buckets. For those unfamiliar with the store bought ones, here are some pics. The 3rd pic are the actual bucket inserts I have.
17.jpg
19.jpg
18.JPG

(Pic was from a past grow) I will not be using So-Hum Soil this grow. Didn't really care for the organic grow style.

Here is how I mixed my soil for this grow. Yes, it's out of the ordinary, but I've always been one to test things out to see what happens. I used..... 2/3rds Fox Farms Ocean Forrest soil mixed with 1/3rd Coarse Perlite. Then added about 1.5 teaspoons of Triple Super Phosphate per 5 gallon container of soil. I also added the recommended amount of Dynomyco to the soil. I can't remember off hand what the amount was. But I did use what the bag instructions recommended. Unfortunately, I'm currently out of it & have thrown the bag away.
20.JPG
21.JPG
22.jpg
23.jpg
24.JPG

I added the Triple Super Phosphate because I always got yellow leaves in flower. I was using extra Nitrogen, but that didn't seem to completely eliminate the yellowing so thought I'd try this out & see what happens. So far... So Good.

These are my nutients for this grow. I'm using Mega Crop with added Silica. It's a really easy nute to use. You just start out at 2 grams per gallon of water around the time the seedling has 2 sets of leaves & work your way up by a 1/2 gram at a time. Every time the leaves start to look a little pale I just up the dose by a 1/2 gram per gallon. I do not go by the week 1 feed this amount, week 2 feed this amount. I go by the color of the leaves & the tips of the leaves. I want a nice slightly dark green leave with just a slight amount of tip burn. I don't want the leaves too dark, shiny or hooked though as to cause an "N" toxicity so I go by the leaf color to tell me when to feed & not a chart.
25.JPG
26.png
27.png
28.JPG

OK, so onto the actual grow. I start my plants from seed in 1 gallon pots filled with the soil I mixed. I like to put these 1 gallon pots directly into the soil of my 5 gallon SIP Buckets; because it makes a perfect hole for up-potting later.
The day before I drop my seeds I water my soil down till I just start to get run off. I let that sit about 24 hours to drain off some of the moisture before I drop my seeds. Then I drop my seeds directly in the soil about 1/4 inch down. I use my pinky to make the hole & only go fingernail deep. I do not do any type of scuffing up the seed or soaking. I see no benefit to it when I have 99% success the way I do it. After planting the seed I do not water again until the seed breaks ground. Once they break ground I'll water each plant as needed with a 1.2 filled fruit cup container, which would be about 2 oz. of water. They don't need much. I water away from the plant itself & closer to the edge of the pot. This will make the roots chase after the water source & create a good root system.

Here are some pics of the girls slightly after sprout. Apple Betty was a slow starter as you can see in the last 3 pics.
30.JPG
31.JPG
32.JPG
33.JPG
34.JPG
35.JPG
36.JPG
37.JPG

This is how the plants looked at just under 2 weeks old. I was already feeding at 2.5 grams per gallon at this point.
The Apple Betty in the last 2 pics are a week behind the other 3 plants. I guess I forgot to mention the strains at the beginning, but you can see them on the buckets so we're good.
38.JPG
39.JPG
40.JPG
41.JPG
42.JPG
43.JPG
44.JPG
45.JPG
46.JPG
The plants look lighter green in the pics than they actually are. Between the KS5000 & the flash from the camera it makes them look that way.

At 2 weeks I up-pot from my 1 gallon pots to my 5 gallon SIP's. I know it's kind of a fast up-pot, but I like to up-pot in a SIP before the roots swirl across the bottom too much. I only do this in SIP's & would have stayed in the 1 gal. longer if I were up-potting to a Fabric Pot. I personally think it's easier for the plants roots to get to the water source & grow water roots by up-potting in SIP's sooner. JMO.
As you can see I have a perfect hole for my up-pot.
47.JPG
48.JPG
49.JPG
50.JPG
51.JPG
52.JPG
53.JPG
54.JPG
55.JPG
56.JPG

All up-potted.

At this point my lil' ladies were around 25-26 days old. There was no slack in growth after the up-pot. Could be because the day before the up-pot I pour a gallon of nutes around the 1 gallon pot into the top of the 5 gallon SIP. When I up-pot the soil is already moist & they just seem to take off.
I did a pretty good pre-flower defol on all 4 plants. I gave them about 3 days more to recover a little & then flipped to 12/12 for flowering.
On July 17th I started Flower.
57.JPG
58.JPG
59.JPG
60.JPG
61.JPG

Well since I've done a few SIP grows already & I know how big they can get very fast. That's why I limited my Veg time to just 30 days.
Here's the plant that pretty much got everyone started doing SIP's. There were only a few doing SIP's until they seen this. Pulled over 1.25 lbs. from her.
But the point is.... This is what happens when you Veg 6-7 weeks in a SIP. Since I have 4 plants in a 4x4 I have to keep them much smaller, hence the 30 day Veg.
29.JPG

And here is what they look like today. They were a hell of a lot bushier, but when I opened my tent the other day there was moisture on the leaves. I don't need that, so they got defoliated & trimmed up for better airflow.
62.JPG
63.JPG
64.JPG
65.JPG

It's looking like I timed the flip pretty good in order to squeeze 4 plants in there. I'm use to filling a 4x4 with just one plant & this just seems weird to me....lol.

First of all, this is my second grow with the Viparspectra KS5000 double bad ass 500 watt LED Grow Light. I was really impressed with the way my buds turned out under this light. I got really nice tight compact buds full of glistening crystals. Everyone I smoked with said that was the very best bud I ever grew. I tend to agree.
Whether or not, the light actually caused this.... I don't know. But I like to think it played a big role in it.
Hope you all don't mind, but I'm going to use the unboxing pics from my last journal so anyone that's new to the forum can see what actually comes in the box. I'll also post the links to purchase the light if you are inclined to do so. Hey, you also get a 420Mag discount so that's always a plus !

The Viparspectra KS5000 is a 6 - Bar LED Grow Light with a powerful 500 watt driver. It has perfect coverage for a 4x4 grow tent, which is what I'm currently growing in. The Driver has a long cord so you can easily mount it outside of your tent to help keep your temps down. The light itself is cool to the touch & puts out very little heat. It also comes with the ratchet rope hangers so you can hang it right away & get growing some Super Bud !
Here are some actual pictures of the light as it was unboxed.
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
9.JPG
10.JPG
That’s a great looking piece of equipment you got there Buds. I wish I had gotten one instead of my current light 💡 that doesn’t have a detachable driver.@ViparSpectra makes an amazing product. Imho CL🍀.

And here are some pics of each plant individually. Needed to clean out the tent so figured I may as well get some shots of each plant by itself. I haven't done any LST & I did not Top these girls. That's a first for me... lol.
66.JPG
67.JPG
68.JPG
69.JPG
70.JPG
71.JPG
72.JPG
73.JPG
74.JPG
75.JPG
Any reason in particular why you didn’t top or do any training? Fantastic looking garden btw. Any new music equipment purchases? lol CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:

Looks like a good beginning for a four plant grow Buds. You'll have that tent and your hands full soon with a nice variety of smoke!
Thanks Carmen. I hope all 4 strains are good & potent. I've never grown these 4 before, so have no idea on how good they are. Heard good things about Apple Betty from others though. Look forward to trying it out myself.

Back
Top Bottom