420BakeIt - Blueberry Muffins Ft SIP & KS5000

Unless you're supplementing with CO2 you don't need to work to keep it that high. 27°C is fine.

They look great!
Cheers mate. Good to know about the heat, I do have mushroom bags but their effiency is to be determined, certainly not enough supplementation to avoid the visible heat stress so I'll defo turn it down another few degrees :thanks:

Gonna tie them down tomorrow probably, the nodes are getting big enough now I think. Not much space to the sides so as soon as the nodes reach the edge of the pot I'll let them grow up, I'd guess I'll do another week, maybe two of veg before flipping them.

Hope everyone had a lovely easter weekend :green_heart:

Day 23
blueberrymuffins_day23_1 - Copy.jpg
blueberrymuffins_day23_2 - Copy.jpg
blueberrymuffins_day23_3 - Copy.jpg
blueberrymuffins_day23_4 - Copy.jpg
blueberrymuffins_day23_5 - Copy.jpg

Gonna tie them down tomorrow probably, the nodes are getting big enough now I think. Not much space to the sides so as soon as the nodes reach the edge of the pot I'll let them grow up, I'd guess I'll do another week, maybe two of veg before flipping them.

Hope everyone had a lovely easter weekend :green_heart:

Day 23
blueberrymuffins_day23_1 - Copy.jpg
blueberrymuffins_day23_2 - Copy.jpg
blueberrymuffins_day23_3 - Copy.jpg
blueberrymuffins_day23_4 - Copy.jpg
blueberrymuffins_day23_5 - Copy.jpg
So well organized and tidy.
Great looking grow. :welldone:
Healthy happy girls.
Hope everything is going well my friend.
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

So well organized and tidy.
Great looking grow. :welldone:
Healthy happy girls.
Hope everything is going well my friend.
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎
Thanks a lot Bill :thanks:

All good this side of the pond, hope everything is well with you my mate :green_heart:

Weffward Scissor Hands strikes again, during tying down my stems... I yeah... snapped a stem on my best plant :rofl:

It wasn't a full cut but it was at a weird angle where it's hard to tape her back up, I've basically created a tape sling that holds the stem back in the socket, hopefully she can heal it and then I can tie it down in future.

There is some calmag damage on the 2nd plant in, the 2nd and the 1st plant on the left also seem to have some leaves that are "soggy/baggy".. not sure if that's visible. The CalMag damage is probably from using only .5ml/L initially and in future I will make sure they are getting 1ml/L from first leaves.

These images are from yesterday, I'll grab a pic later and see if they are doing okay since the damage.

Day 24 (Start of tying down):
day24_tieddown_1.jpg
day24_tieddown_2.jpg
day24_tieddown_3.jpg
day24_tieddown_4.jpg
day24_tieddown_5.jpg
day24_tieddown_6.jpg

Weffward Scissor Hands strikes again, during tying down my stems... I yeah... snapped a stem on my best plant :rofl:
Tieing it down into position more gradually over several days can help avoid snapping stems, as can rolling the stem between your fingers where you want to bend it (supercropping).

Tieing it down into position more gradually over several days can help avoid snapping stems, as can rolling the stem between your fingers where you want to bend it (supercropping).
Thanks Azi, I do need to try supercropping and add that tool to the belt. I think this time it was just a lack of dexterity, I slipped putting in the metal thing and snapped it. I think the lesson for me is just to be slower and more methodical :rofl:

Here's the update from today, that stem is understandably upset and floppy but I'm not giving up on it yet! (Final plant on the right is the one that was damaged, the far right stem).

Day 25:
blueberrymuffin_day25_1.jpg
blueberrymuffin_day25_2.jpg
blueberrymuffin_day25_3.jpg
blueberrymuffin_day25_4.jpg
blueberrymuffin_day25_5.jpg

In other news it's harvest day for my Tropicanna Banana, will post a final picture dump on my other thread before removing all the leaves and hanging her up!

@Weffalo Just saw your last journal and they are absolutely beautiful. . .Thanks for the tag. I'm in!:ganjamon:

Plants are looking nice and green and well done on the sling! If that branch doesn't survive the rest always pick up the slack. :)

Starting to get a bit crowded in there...folks are fighting for territory!
Thanks bro, yeah the Tri-Line is looking magnificient it's no big deal if we have two of those lol. I think it's starting to pick up but still fairly droopy, will keep an eye and adjust in the next few days.

@Weffalo Just saw your last journal and they are absolutely beautiful. . .Thanks for the tag. I'm in!:ganjamon:
:welcome: Good timing, the girls have just gone under the KS5000 :cheer: Gonna be veg for another week (or two) and then flip :D

I really need to find some time to remove some alternate nodes and make sure the branches are even, thankfully I've just finshed a ruthless overtime session and can enjoy the weekend and sort everything.

Here's a pictoral update from yesterday (Day 26):
blumuff_day26_6.jpg

blumuff_day26_5.jpg
blumuff_day26_4.jpg
blumuff_day26_3.jpg
blumuff_day26_2.jpg
blumuff_day26_1.jpg

So I've been so busy I've literally only changed the training/tie downs once since I did it. There is some lighter green areas on the leaves (which says I should up my nutes right on time) and I think also signs of preflowering already? Maybe that's just optimistic eyes!

The Tri-Line plant looks kinda cool imo :rofl:

I'm still to remove any alternate nodes and open her up butI think tomorrow I'm gonna reduce hours to 16:8 for a week of pre-flower. I am currently feeding 50% strength nutes so I will up that to 75%, increase the PAR/DLI and VPD.

The repaired branch has healed with some minor damage to the leaves remaining, I haven't tied it down yet as I'm extra cautious about breaking it but we'll see what I can do in this week before flip. I am also planning to take cuttings for mother plants so I really need to get that sorted before flip :D

Day 30
bluemuffDay30_1.jpg
bluemuffDay30_2.jpg
bluemuffDay30_3.jpg
bluemuffDay30_4.jpg
bluemuffDay30_5.jpg
bluemuffDay30_6.jpg
bluemuffDay30_7.jpg
bluemuffDay30_8.jpg

A promising start! Looking verdant already.
Hey @Carmen Ray :thanks: I do love to see them this colour, makes a lovely change to my light green/yellow plants in the past during this stage :D

Training looks great and the growth looks terrific! They're letting you know you're spot on with it all. :thumb:
Thanks a lot @InTheShed 🙏

So when creating the quadline you want to make sure there's a stump above the 4 branches, in hindsight I may have topped slightly too early as I couldn't create that stump anddd.... yep, I split the stalk down the middle :rofl: I have wrapped some green wire around it but I don't think it's doing much.

2 plants have had more training, but I've still not removed any nodes, purely due to being stressed for time all the time so hopefully I can finish off the tying down / opening up later today/tomorrow. I also still haven't taken any cuttings for mother plants, essential I do that before flower this time :D

Back left , bottom leaf has yellowing, which started way before I upped nutes to 75% so I'm hoping that's an issue that's already solved!

Day 32
bluemuff_day32_1.jpg
bluemuff_day32_2.jpg
bluemuff_day32_3.jpg
bluemuff_day32_4.jpg
bluemuff_day32_5.jpg
bluemuff_day32_6.jpg

Training looks great! Plants are happy and ready to rock and roll! :cheer:

So when creating the quadline you want to make sure there's a stump above the 4 branches, in hindsight I may have topped slightly too early as I couldn't create that stump anddd.... yep, I split the stalk down the middle :rofl: I have wrapped some green wire around it but I don't think it's doing much.
Yeah, you want to close that up so it looks like new. Tape will work better than wire and that needs to happen asap, otherwise the split will callous over and the opportunity for repair will be lost.

It looks like there may still be a path for water and nutrients to flow through from below but get some strong tape and remove that wire restraint for a bit until it heals.

Yeah, you want to close that up so it looks like new. Tape will work better than wire and that needs to happen asap, otherwise the split will callous over and the opportunity for repair will be lost.

It looks like there may still be a path for water and nutrients to flow through from below but get some strong tape and remove that wire restraint for a bit until it heals.
Ok thanks @Azimuth , I tried tape but it's difficult to get around that part. I'll try harder and get that sorted now 🤞 I'll post a pic when I've finished :thanks:

Yeah hopefully I've managed to get that split together before taping, it's hard to tell but I did pinch it while wrapping, just a very awkward job. I've loosened or removed the training from each of these branches as it's pulling down on the split.

I get what you mean about callousing now, it will scar over the tissue it needs to transport nutrients? Thanks for the quick spot, hopefully I've been able to avoid that. This particular plant has been through hell lol, first a chopped limb and now nearly split in half, bloody hell!

repairattempt_1.jpg

repairattempt_2.jpg
repairattempt_3.jpg

I've loosened or removed the training from each of these branches as it's pulling down on the split.
Right. You want to remove tension to let it heal.

I get what you mean about callousing now, it will scar over the tissue it needs to transport nutrients?
Exactly. If it works you'll probably get a big fat knuckle around that joint as the plant overcompensates and actually get  better nutrient flow through it, kinda like what happens with Supercropping.

You could actually support it upward from below to help keep the split closed.

Back
Top Bottom