Bud's Does A SIP Featuring The ViparSpectra KS5000

And here's my little "PLATINUM GORILLA". Had to stake her up this morning because she was starting to lean to one side. Hate waking up & finding a plant fell over. She may not be big enough to put out a lot of bud; but what she is putting out is getting pretty frosty already & all her hairs are still white. Got a feeling this might be a potent strain also.
Here's a few pics.
328.JPG
329.JPG
330.JPG
331.JPG
332.JPG

They both look great Buds. Just one is slightly larger than the other. :Rasta:

And the slightly larger one is still loaded with white pistils!
Yes & still bulking up nicely. I figure she has at least 4 more weeks to go. Probably crank up the AC in the next 7-10 days to chill her out & see if she's got any colors.
You're definitely a mechanic now.
But I don't want to be a mechanic ! How's that song go.... "Beverly Hills, that's where I aughta be..... lol."
I'm only under a car if I have to retrieve a tennis ball for my dog. :)
Now that sounds more like it !

Well I'm thinking I'll be damned close to the 2 lbs. I'm trying to get with this RUNTZ PUNCH. @Herbies Seeds here's one of the seeds I got from you in a contest. She's turning into a real beast of a plant. Funny the name being Runtz & the plant being so big. Kind of like calling the 6'6" 300 lb. guy Tiny.... lol. Looking forward to my next run when I grow about 6 strains I got from you.
Anyway, this gal's hairs seem to be changing color a lot quicker than I had imagined. Because of that I decided to go ahead & crank up the AC in the tent. I set the AC for 75F yesterday & the tent is staying at 75 with no problem. I'll drop the temps lower next week. Just dropping the temps to 75 was a pretty big jump in temps as I was running 86F - 90F before doing so.
This plant will surely be one that I harvest little by little over a week or so. Just too much to trim in one day, by myself...lol. Going to have to get my drying closet ready soon. It's packed with equipment right now. Need to get rid of some stuff. Tired of moving it all place to place when I really don't use the stuff.
Anyone here live in the Phoenix area & grow in Coco ? I have the Plagron nutes I won in a contest that I'll donate to a Coco grower. I'm not really interested in doing Coco again as it's too much work & I like my soil grows so I'll stick with that.
Here's some pics of where she's at today.
333.JPG
334.JPG
335.JPG
336.JPG
337.JPG
338.JPG
339.JPG
340.JPG
341.JPG
342.JPG

I'd say she has about 40% red hairs now. She appears to be putting on weight & building Trichs. Hopefully the cold will bring out the colors & get her a lot frostier. I see a lot of growers get frost so thick it looks like chunks of ice on the buds. Not sure how you guys are doing that, but I'd sure like to find out. Is it the strains? Is it the nutes ? I'm really not sure. I see some people go with really high ppm's in flower. Maybe that's it ? Most of my grows have maxed out at about 875 ppm. I have gone as high as 1100 ppm before, but it caused issues so I don't usually go that high.
Any tips on increasing trich production is very much appreciated.

Just a few pics of the PLATINUM GORILLA girl. She's not all that photogenic so I took the best pics I have for the post.
Had to tie up all her side branches yesterday as they were starting to hang low. Her buds are pretty nice for what there is of it. They are getting pretty frosty. I'm guessing she's a slow finisher as she still has a lot of white hairs. Runtz is at least 2 weeks ahead of her.
343.JPG
344.JPG
345.JPG
346.JPG

Well I'm thinking I'll be damned close to the 2 lbs. I'm trying to get with this RUNTZ PUNCH. @Herbies Seeds here's one of the seeds I got from you in a contest. She's turning into a real beast of a plant. Funny the name being Runtz & the plant being so big. Kind of like calling the 6'6" 300 lb. guy Tiny.... lol. Looking forward to my next run when I grow about 6 strains I got from you.
Anyway, this gal's hairs seem to be changing color a lot quicker than I had imagined. Because of that I decided to go ahead & crank up the AC in the tent. I set the AC for 75F yesterday & the tent is staying at 75 with no problem. I'll drop the temps lower next week. Just dropping the temps to 75 was a pretty big jump in temps as I was running 86F - 90F before doing so.
This plant will surely be one that I harvest little by little over a week or so. Just too much to trim in one day, by myself...lol. Going to have to get my drying closet ready soon. It's packed with equipment right now. Need to get rid of some stuff. Tired of moving it all place to place when I really don't use the stuff.
Anyone here live in the Phoenix area & grow in Coco ? I have the Plagron nutes I won in a contest that I'll donate to a Coco grower. I'm not really interested in doing Coco again as it's too much work & I like my soil grows so I'll stick with that.
333.JPG
334.JPG
335.JPG
336.JPG
337.JPG
338.JPG
339.JPG
340.JPG
341.JPG
342.JPG

I'd say she has about 40% red hairs now. She appears to be putting on weight & building Trichs. Hopefully the cold will bring out the colors & get her a lot frostier. I see a lot of growers get frost so thick it looks like chunks of ice on the buds. Not sure how you guys are doing that, but I'd sure like to find out. Is it the strains? Is it the nutes ? I'm really not sure. I see some people go with really high ppm's in flower. Maybe that's it ? Most of my grows have maxed out at about 875 ppm. I have gone as high as 1100 ppm before, but it caused issues so I don't usually go that high.
Yooo buds she’s turned out masssive!! Excellent work there mate

Just a few pics of the PLATINUM GORILLA girl. She's not all that photogenic so I took the best pics I have for the post.
Had to tie up all her side branches yesterday as they were starting to hang low. Her buds are pretty nice for what there is of it. They are getting pretty frosty. I'm guessing she's a slow finisher as she still has a lot of white hairs. Runtz is at least 2 weeks ahead of her.
343.JPG
344.JPG
345.JPG
346.JPG
Great work bro n that Runtz is just loco but giving her Steroids isn’t fair. Just kidding but you ought to think about entering her for POTM. Happy growing my friend. CL🍀👍

Lovely plants Buds!

I had to laugh when I read your description of the Gorilla. It was like, "And, oh I almost forgot, this is my other plant."

It's not hard to tell which is your fav! :laugh:

I had thought about trying droughting, but just wasn't real sure how that would effect a SIP grow & didn't want to F' Up this late in the game.
Hi Buds. I'd also like to know the answers to this set of questions. I am on a swick and I want to drought in my upcoming grow. @Azimuth can you explain how it is done when removing the plant from sub-irrigation. I am guessing the following, but need confirmation. The first step would be to remove from the SIP / swick and allow the droughting to take place, and then the return to the SIP / swick would require watering until run-off into the res, and then top up res?

Hi Buds. I'd also like to know the answers to this set of questions. I am on a swick and I want to drought in my upcoming grow. @Azimuth can you explain how it is done when removing the plant from sub-irrigation. I am guessing the following, but need confirmation. The first step would be to remove from the SIP / swick and allow the droughting to take place, and then the return to the SIP / swick would require watering until run-off into the res, and then top up res?

I drought my plants in a SIP. I don't have a float so I stick a dowel down the fill tube and count as Day 1 the day after the reservoir is empty.

I monitor a leaf in the lower third of the canopy as my target and drought until I get the proper leaf angle when measured with a protractor, at which point I top water slowly to try to soak the root ball to reestablish the wicking action.

Here are @Krissi Carbone 's instuctions.

I drought my plants in a SIP. I don't have a float so I stick a dowel down the fill tube and count as Day 1 the day after the reservoir is empty.

I monitor a leaf in the lower third of the canopy as my target and drought until I get the proper leaf angle when measured with a protractor, at which point I top water slowly to try to soak the root ball to reestablish the wicking action.

Here are @Krissi Carbone 's instuctions.
Thank you. How slowly is slowly, when wetting the root ball?

Thank you. How slowly is slowly, when wetting the root ball?
Very. I usually mist the top first to help with the hydrophobic nature of the mix. Then spill a little, wait a little, and repeat.

Because of the reservoir I don't feel the need to fully wet the soil at first since it'll start wicking and get it done that way, but I don't want just a couple of narrow water paths through the soil, but rather lots of small ones. I'll typically do it over 15-30 mins or so.

333.JPG
334.JPG
335.JPG
336.JPG
337.JPG
338.JPG
339.JPG
340.JPG
341.JPG
342.JPG

Looking awesome in there Buds, filled that tent full of sticky goodness. :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom