Sucks bro.

My personal opinion is chop it all now. Ignore the set date of Thursday. Get busy with the cutters now. What you see there is already germinating now elsewhere and not showing yet.

Bill and most will be awake soon, Shed later. So wait for them to give an opinion, but that’s what I was taught by my Farmer mate.

Nick 🥲

Sucks bro.

My personal opinion is chop it all now. Ignore the set date of Thursday. Get busy with the cutters now. What you see there is already germinating now elsewhere and not showing yet.

Bill and most will be awake soon, Shed later. So wait for them to give an opinion, but that’s what I was taught by my Farmer mate.

Nick 🥲
Hey Nick, good morning.
Your correct if it's in the room it's inside buds you can't see.
Chop and wash Kanno.
They are ready so not a problem.
Bud washing time.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Thanks @NickHardy and @Bill284, should I chop all of them or just the two damaged ones and why should I rinse them with water?
Chop everyone in there.
Wash with water and h2o2, to kill the spores.
Then you need to scrub out the area aswell. :thumb:
So it doesn't happen again.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

What is the ratio? For 1 liter?
Approximately 10% so 100ml / litre.
That's standard dollar store h2o2.
Not the concentrate. ;)
I use one tub of h2o2 with water and one tub of water for a rinse.
You'll be surprised what comes off.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Definitely take down everything in the tent and do wash the harvest, but to be clear, I'm pretty sure that hydrogen peroxide mixed in water does not kill botrytis (if that's what you have).

"Spores of Botrytis cinerea can germinate in the presence of up to 180 mM hydrogen peroxide and its mycelium can develop in the presence of even higher concentrations."
Source

H2O2 vapor will but good luck generating that.

"the germination rate of the spores decreased logarithmically with the exposure time to hydrogen peroxide vapor. Concentrations of 0.27 and 0.55 mg l−1 H2O2 vapor at 20 or 30°C, respectively, were required for 10.5 and 5.7 min to kill 99% of the spores."
Ibid

I would do a standard lemon juice/baking soda wash and try to get the buds down to 62% RH as quickly as possible. 1/2 cup lemon juice and 1/2 cup baking soda in a 5 gallon bucket and swish them around without hitting the bottom or sides. Then two rinse buckets. Drip dry for about 4 hours directly in front of fans and inspect each bud for rot before you hang dry (I wet trim so I know every single flower has been inspected before they hang). I'd try to make sure the drying is in an environment in the mid 50% range with excellent air circulation until the stems almost snap. Then cut the flowers off the stems (checking them again), and jar with hygrometers to make sure they settle well under 70% RH. Then you can burp as usual.

Like you gotta love time zones! I said it first so now @Bill284 and @InTheShed both saying I’m right! Like best day ever 🤣

Azi! Meh - where you?

Sucks balls @Kanno26 but you take what you can and go again. Don’t risk the rest.

It was a great grow. Now lets see the trim and cure skills and read some smoke reports!

Nick & Co

Hey, I was in early with a link you the bud washing thread. :cool:
I saw that. Right here.
I can't find it now though. :laugh:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Yeah, sorry to see you have bud rot Kanno! When I take a cola apart with rot I make sure to remove the rot until I see clean bud and save it starting there, then the wash/dry/cure.

What was your rh at the time it happened?
Thanks @StoneOtter nothing can be done just hope the loss is not that big RH 55% all the rot is removed and now I'm going to buy soda and lemon to rinse as I like @InTheShed so hopefully it will be good

HULKBERRY
IMG_20231121_114418.jpg
IMG_20231121_114422.jpg
IMG_20231121_114456.jpg
IMG_20231121_114447.jpg
IMG_20231121_114440.jpg

PARADOX
IMG_20231121_093512.jpg
IMG_20231121_093517.jpg
IMG_20231121_093527.jpg
IMG_20231121_093531.jpg
IMG_20231121_093553.jpg

Sorry to see you have bud rot. Saw you cleaned them, hope it doesn't affect the other buds. The others look great.

Back
Top Bottom