ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO Atomic Jelly Grow

post header.png

side1.jpg
top1.jpg

It looks like I spoke too soon, she still looks pretty sad. I'm thinking about popping another seed to see if I have better luck.

She doesn't look sad to me. Oh, sorry, you didn't ask me did you? :)

Could be a light distance thing. I have a new seedling in a SIP that I kept close to the light to get tighter node spacing and she was droopy as well. After a few nodes, I increased the distance between her and the light and she perked right up.

Overwatering and lack of water, nutrition problems can also cause droopy, maybe check these two points. Hopefully these will be helpful. 🙏

post header.png

top.jpg
side.jpg
conditions.jpg

Atomic Jelly is still looking sad. Tried feeding a full strength veg feed @ recommended doses from PB and no improvement.

Flushed and reset the res. PH is 6.0 checked with a 3 point calibrated ph pen, and analog solution/color based tests. Source water is RO, then passed through a secondary charcoal filter. Letting the medium dry out between watering's.

Temp and humidity are in range and there is plenty of air circulation. No signs of pests.

Maybe I got a bad batch of nutes? I might try switching to some AN nutes I have to see if that makes a difference.

In the mean time I'm soaking the last of my Atomic Jelly seeds. I received 4 as freebies, the first 2 were duds, this one's weird (unless I'm missing something that I'm doing wrong). Maybe it's just a bad batch of seeds? If this last seed doesn't take I may close this journal and start a new one with a different strain.

Thanks for tagging along! I'm open to suggestions for getting this girl healthy!

Overwatering and lack of water, nutrition problems can also cause droopy, maybe check these two points. Hopefully these will be helpful. 🙏
Thanks, that's what I understand as well. I may try switching nutrient brands to see if there's an improvement. Perlite doesn't really hold water, so the only water is in the res, and the roots should have plenty of air, and access to water when they want it.

post header.png

top.jpg
side.jpg
conditions.jpg

Atomic Jelly is still looking sad. Tried feeding a full strength veg feed @ recommended doses from PB and no improvement.

Flushed and reset the res. PH is 6.0 checked with a 3 point calibrated ph pen, and analog solution/color based tests. Source water is RO, then passed through a secondary charcoal filter. Letting the medium dry out between watering's.

Temp and humidity are in range and there is plenty of air circulation. No signs of pests.

Maybe I got a bad batch of nutes? I might try switching to some AN nutes I have to see if that makes a difference.

In the mean time I'm soaking the last of my Atomic Jelly seeds. I received 4 as freebies, the first 2 were duds, this one's weird (unless I'm missing something that I'm doing wrong). Maybe it's just a bad batch of seeds? If this last seed doesn't take I may close this journal and start a new one with a different strain.

Thanks for tagging along! I'm open to suggestions for getting this girl healthy!
Hey BW is the perlite in the pic have algae on it , could be robbing your nutrients.

IMG_3309.jpeg

Hey BW is the perlite in the pic have algae on it , could be robbing your nutrients.

IMG_3309.jpeg
Could be, I've never had Algae get past the first 1/2 inch of perlite... but everything seems to be pointing to a root issue. Picked up some peroxide to flush the medium with. Fingers crossed.

post header.png

roots.jpg
shoots.jpg

Flushed Atomic Jelly twice with peroxide, covering the hole so all the medium got a good soak for a minute or two. Then flushed with fresh sanitized water, and drained completely. Going to let the medium dry out completely before fertigating again.

Roots look healthy through the drain hole. Will do a thorough autopsy/examination of them if she gets the axe.

My last Atomic Jelly seed popped after soaking in a cup of water on a heat pad for a day. Put it in a hempy cup. If the new seedling does well we can call the first plant genetically inferior and move on. If she has the same issues we will keep problem solving.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

i'd let it run. not sure i'd be using the shiny cup. once the roots hit the hole you can up pot. i'd let it sit few days to see if it perks then up pot.

what's happening with the light ?

post header.png

food.jpg
ph.jpg
tops.jpg
cover.jpg
tent.jpg
setting.jpg

The perlite dried out so this morning I transplanted Atomic Jelly into a fresh cup, with fresh perlite.

Mixed up a batch of food, set the pH to 5.9, covered the hole, filled the cup with nutrient solution and let it drain.

Then I made a cover for the cup out of foil to minimize any algae growth in the medium, watered the other seedling with a diluted feed, and placed them back in the tent.

Anyone have luck using grapefruit seed oil as an algae deterrent?

Increased the height of the light and set it to 50%. I don't want any stressors at this point while the plant hopefully recovers.

I'm going to maintain this for a week and see if there is any improvement. She had a really nice root system that filled the bottom half of her first cup.

I'm going to go back to my earlier journal and re-read @FelipeBlu recommendations as I had luck with those before, if you're around Felipe, I miss ya bud!

Take care and thanks for stopping by!

hope this series of operations will make Atomic Jelly no longer droopy. 🙏

Back
Top Bottom