Kanno 26 - 2x ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO - SIP/Soil/80x80 - 2x Purple Queen

Thanks @Jon, I didn't use the diffuser didn't think it was needed but I'll try again tomorrow. The girls are already sleeping šŸ˜
Thatā€™s what I thought. I knew because I did the same exact thing the first time. Yes, itā€™s way necessary and you will get very accurate readings once you use it. I love how they call a dumb piece of scrap paper a ā€œdiffuser.ā€ :rofl:

Hello all @ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO fans. Here is another update of the purple queen at the beginning of the seventh week according to royal Queen seeds it has a flowering time of 8-9 weeks but already the trichomes are starting to be milky white. The plant still drinks 5 liters a day, which is great. Well, this is what it looks like there.
IMG_20230627_173504.jpg
IMG_20230627_173455.jpg
IMG_20230627_173438.jpg
IMG_20230627_173429.jpg
IMG_20230627_173424.jpg
IMG_20230627_173419.jpg
IMG_20230627_173410.jpg
IMG_20230627_173405.jpg
IMG_20230627_173358.jpg
IMG_20230627_173340.jpg

Thanks everyone for stopping by.

Hello all @ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO fans. Here is another update of the purple queen at the beginning of the seventh week according to royal Queen seeds it has a flowering time of 8-9 weeks but already the trichomes are starting to be milky white. The plant still drinks 5 liters a day, which is great. Well, this is what it looks like there.
IMG_20230627_173504.jpg
IMG_20230627_173455.jpg
IMG_20230627_173438.jpg
IMG_20230627_173429.jpg
IMG_20230627_173424.jpg
IMG_20230627_173419.jpg
IMG_20230627_173410.jpg
IMG_20230627_173405.jpg
IMG_20230627_173358.jpg
IMG_20230627_173340.jpg

Thanks everyone for stopping by.
Yummy. Love how all the cola tops are right on the very edge of foxtail but not over it, so you are getting these long tipped but properly shaped colas. In my world that means you have the light set right on the raw edge. Pushing them. LOVE it!!

Thanks @Jon, I didn't use the diffuser didn't think it was needed but I'll try again tomorrow. The girls are already sleeping šŸ˜
As I understand it, Photone only needs a diffuser when used on Apple Iphone. Androids don't trigger the diffuser message. I got it checked against a real PPFD meter and it's quite an accurate algo., as long as you choose correct presets.

Your plant's gorgeous Kanno, so cool to see you were able to improve even though your last one was epic. It's got classic SIP-SCROG attributes. I've seen some others just like it, grown same way. @Jon was a great asset, and nice to see @ViparSpectra supporting you. How was the smoke from your last grow?

As I understand it, Photone only needs a diffuser when used on Apple Iphone. Androids don't trigger the diffuser message. I got it checked against a real PPFD meter and it's quite an accurate algo., as long as you choose correct presets.

Your plant's gorgeous Kanno, so cool to see you were able to improve even though your last one was epic. It's got classic SIP-SCROG attributes. I've seen some others just like it, grown same way. @Jon was a great asset, and nice to see @ViparSpectra supporting you. How was the smoke from your last grow?
Hello @ReservoirDog, thanks for the recognition they prevented the smoke was great Bubble Kush tasted a lot better than white widow XXL and the yields were also better on Bubble Kush but it definitely affected a lot of the SIP in which Bubble was. So I don't need to use a diffuser? and what settings should I have in the application?

Thanks @ReservoirDog, Iā€™m an iPhone guy so my commentary was based only on that. I donā€™t know from Android, so you may well be right. I compared mine with no diffuser then with diffuser to the par charts in the marketing. An iPhone is accurate with the app but the diffuser is definitely necessary. Good info, thanks again.

I have both phone types, iphone11, and an old Samsung S8+ I use only for growing weed as a tent camera and environment control interface (AC Infinity and WiFi-Inkbird stuff, nothing fancy like Vivosun's sensor-fusing stuff which I would recommend if making enviro investment very soon, incidentally).

I use both phones intermittently as Photone App 'light reader' and discovered that only the Apple selfie-camera requires a diffuser. Photone extrapolates from a simple lux reading what a PPFD reading would be given the known light properties of an LED full spectrum light's lux reading. I don't know what they target as their 'full spectrum led' algo's properties but if I had to guess, which of course I have done, I'd say it's an, overall, 3700 kelvin luminaire based on Samsung 301-type-diodes sporting Cree 690 reds.

I discovered the Photone App two days after spending a month doing all the math by myself to transfer a LUX reading to PPFD, with the thought maybe I could sell the equation to an app developer. D'oh! the only thing worse than having someone steal your idea, is when it gets stolen before you have even had it! lol.

I have both phone types, iphone11, and an old Samsung S8+ I use only for growing weed as a tent camera and environment control interface (AC Infinity and WiFi-Inkbird stuff, nothing fancy like Vivosun's sensor-fusing stuff which I would recommend if making enviro investment very soon, incidentally).

I use both phones intermittently as Photone App 'light reader' and discovered that only the Apple selfie-camera requires a diffuser. Photone extrapolates from a simple lux reading what a PPFD reading would be given the known light properties of an LED full spectrum light's lux reading. I don't know what they target as their 'full spectrum led' algo's properties but if I had to guess, which of course I have done, I'd say it's an, overall, 3700 kelvin luminaire based on Samsung 301-type-diodes sporting Cree 690 reds.

I discovered the Photone App two days after spending a month doing all the math by myself to transfer a LUX reading to PPFD, with the thought maybe I could sell the equation to an app developer. D'oh! the only thing worse than having someone steal your idea, is when it gets stolen before you have even had it! lol.
Ok @ReservoirDog , you know your shit. I didnā€™t realize the playing field you were on. Cool. And yeah, itā€™s unfortunate - I thought I invented the washer/dryer in one unit once tooā€¦. Iā€™m curious how you came to the conclusion of Crees, especially that specifically?

Ok @ReservoirDog , you know your shit. I didnā€™t realize the playing field you were on. Cool. And yeah, itā€™s unfortunate - I thought I invented the washer/dryer in one unit once tooā€¦. Iā€™m curious how you came to the conclusion of Crees, especially that specifically?
I don't know that much shit, my educational and early professional background is in journalism, but then I 'jumped ship' (journalism at the turn of the millennium was a bloodbath and newrooms were all slashing 3/4 staff and keeping only the most experienced journos). I jumped to, well, ships, and studied to become a bridge officer but found better opportunities on smaller boats, where I could qualify as Master much sooner than cargo ships, and have more exciting jobs. My stock and trade became tourism (whale-watching), ferries, and oil spill cleanup operation command. I served my community by doing Search and Rescue w/ the CG Aux. Each of those was that rare type of job at sea where you actually slept in your own bed at night and got to watch your kids grow up. My last job I was hired for was on an Antarctic cruise ship (something I'd been working toward since the start, I'm fascinated by high-latitude locales) where the job was to create and give lectures while crossing Waddel sea, then transport/command shore parties, slaloming around icebergs with powerful 24ft Zodiacs and leading day expeditions ashore. This was my dream since I was a kid, and then a month before departure I got really sick, and ultimately hadda give it up, and the whole at-sea career because it was pretty serious but tough to diagnose. As Maxwell Smart used to say: "Missed it by that much!

Well, that was some tangent.... forgive me.

I merely figured it was Cree reds because they were the most popular at the time of my research and almost all "Full Spectrum" (a BS sales phrase BTW) fixtures had 690 reds on them. You see, Photone will want their one-algo-to-rule-them-all to be based, as close as possible, to the most popular "full spectrum" led setup. A bit of market research was all it took.

After that, I got my hands on a High Precision Spectroradiometer Integrating Sphere test analysis report from a commercial light that fit the description (a Kingbrite 1100w bar light - and ended up owning two of them; BTW, every manufacturer should be able to provide on on request). With that data, you can come up with a conversion algorithm because you get the output for each spectrum as a percentage of the total output. I have no science background, just learned how to do research in journo-school I guess.

I don't know that much shit, my educational and early professional background is in journalism, but then I 'jumped ship' (journalism at the turn of the millennium was a bloodbath and newrooms were all slashing 3/4 staff and keeping only the most experienced journos). I jumped to, well, ships, and studied to become a bridge officer but found better opportunities on smaller boats, where I could qualify as Master much sooner than cargo ships, and have more exciting jobs. My stock and trade became tourism (whale-watching), ferries, and oil spill cleanup operation command. I served my community by doing Search and Rescue w/ the CG Aux. Each of those was that rare type of job at sea where you actually slept in your own bed at night and got to watch your kids grow up. My last job I was hired for was on an Antarctic cruise ship (something I'd been working toward since the start, I'm fascinated by high-latitude locales) where the job was to create and give lectures while crossing Waddel sea, then transport/command shore parties, slaloming around icebergs with powerful 24ft Zodiacs and leading day expeditions ashore. This was my dream since I was a kid, and then a month before departure I got really sick, and ultimately hadda give it up, and the whole at-sea career because it was pretty serious but tough to diagnose. As Maxwell Smart used to say: "Missed it by that much!

Well, that was some tangent.... forgive me.

I merely figured it was Cree reds because they were the most popular at the time of my research and almost all "Full Spectrum" (a BS sales phrase BTW) fixtures had 690 reds on them. You see, Photone will want their one-algo-to-rule-them-all to be based, as close as possible, to the most popular "full spectrum" led setup. A bit of market research was all it took.

After that, I got my hands on a High Precision Spectroradiometer Integrating Sphere test analysis report from a commercial light that fit the description (a Kingbrite 1100w bar light - and ended up owning two of them; BTW, every manufacturer should be able to provide on on request). With that data, you can come up with a conversion algorithm because you get the output for each spectrum as a percentage of the total output. I have no science background, just learned how to do research in journo-school I guess.
Impressive.

Thatā€™s what I thought. I knew because I did the same exact thing the first time. Yes, itā€™s way necessary and you will get very accurate readings once you use it. I love how they call a dumb piece of scrap paper a ā€œdiffuser.ā€ :rofl:
thanx bro i didnt know that either.
If you're using iOS (iPhone, iPad): Yes it is required, otherwise you may only use Photone for relative measurements.
If you're using Android (Samsung, Google, ...): No, our Android version does not require a diffuser.

Back
Top Bottom