Kanno 26 - 2x ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO - SIP/Soil/80x80 - 2x Purple Queen

I have a KS2500, KS 3000, workin well. SSgrower
I’m already in @Kanno26! And I agree with Azimuth. I used to get off on lowering temps to get colors. It works, for sure. And I would present one counter to @Azimuth argument. Is it all that unnatural? I’m not so sure. It’s a safe bet that no matter where you are, the natural “growing season” is post winter thaw to the onset of late fall. And in 95+% of those places, the temperatures are lower (ambient - natural temperatures) at the end of the season. As is RH. This is why we recreate (or try) this in our tent grows. I have never seen an outdoor plant grown the whole cycle on my own, but they all appear to fade and get colorful at the end of the ones I have seen. So one *could* argue that it’s perfectly natural. And relative to growing in a tent under LED - what would the price of what you described as a “deficiency” you’ve introduced actually be? Noticeable? I’m not so sure.

I’m already in @Kanno26! And I agree with Azimuth. I used to get off on lowering temps to get colors. It works, for sure. And I would present one counter to @Azimuth argument. Is it all that unnatural? I’m not so sure. It’s a safe bet that no matter where you are, the natural “growing season” is post winter thaw to the onset of late fall. And in 95+% of those places, the temperatures are lower (ambient - natural temperatures) at the end of the season. As is RH. This is why we recreate (or try) this in our tent grows. I have never seen an outdoor plant grown the whole cycle on my own, but they all appear to fade and get colorful at the end of the ones I have seen. So one *could* argue that it’s perfectly natural. And relative to growing in a tent under LED - what would the price of what you described as a “deficiency” you’ve introduced actually be? Noticeable? I’m not so sure.
That said, it’s pretty easy for me. I make a choice. I know that I feed until harvest day. I will not introduce a fade or intentional color generation with temp, or I will. If I do, it will create colors. If I don’t lower temps, other than maybe a minor fade they’ll basically stay green to the end. It’s a question for me sometimes of what will look best in journal pictures!!! This is all because of the one thing I significantly disagree with you on - I believe the difference you’re referring to is negligible.

That said, it’s pretty easy for me. I make a choice. I know that I feed until harvest day. I will not introduce a fade or intentional color generation with temp, or I will. If I do, it will create colors. If I don’t lower temps, other than maybe a minor fade they’ll basically stay green to the end. It’s a question for me sometimes of what will look best in journal pictures!!! This is all because of the one thing I significantly disagree with you on - I believe the difference you’re referring to is negligible.
Here are examples of plants that I let get down to 56 degrees at night. These are the real actual colors - I won my first NOTM for the Slurricane.
1689687259339.jpeg

1689687293541.jpeg

1689687313369.jpeg

Is it all that unnatural?
No, but my point was, why introduce an issue deliberately if you are after max bud? On the other hand there are other goals like pretty pictures and the like which benefit from cold treatment.

I'm just saying that colors show up due to unfavorable conditions for max buddage which lead to deficiencies which produce the pretty colors and in a tent we can control that environment however we choose.

This is all because of the one thing I significantly disagree with you on - I believe the difference you’re referring to is negligible.
Probably true, but that depends on your goals. Lots of ways to get it done. My point is not "don't do it," but rather understand what is happening with your plant to produce the colors.

Kanno seemed disappointed that he didn't get the colors so i wanted to point out it may have been because his environment was too 'on point.'

Hi @Jon, @Azimuth, it's true that I was hoping that naturally the plant would have at least a hint of purple when it has it in the name. A friend advised me that if I want it to color, I can cover the flower pot with ice cubes before it goes out, but unfortunately I didn't try it. Maybe it will work similar to the temperature reduction for @Jon. Next time I have a strain like this, I'll definitely try it. Thanks for your opinions both of you 😉🖖

No, but my point was, why introduce an issue deliberately if you are after max bud? On the other hand there are other goals like pretty pictures and the like which benefit from cold treatment.

I'm just saying that colors show up due to unfavorable conditions for max buddage which lead to deficiencies which produce the pretty colors and in a tent we can control that environment however we choose.

Probably true, but that depends on your goals. Lots of ways to get it done. My point is not "don't do it," but rather understand what is happening with your plant to produce the colors.

Kanno seemed disappointed that he didn't get the colors so i wanted to point out it may have been because his environment was too 'on point.'
Thanks @Azimuth! I was trying to spurn a learning discussion. I get what you’re saying and as usual you are 100% right. And I saw you trying to help both explain and make our boy feel better. I don’t care what @Kanno26 says about you, you’re good people Azi!

You are good people @Azimuth. I know you’re right. Still think the difference is negligible for most people. But I see you were both explaining and trying to smooth feathers. I don’t care what @Kanno26 says, you’re alright.
:rofl: :rofl:

Thanks @Azimuth! I was trying to spurn a learning discussion. I get what you’re saying and as usual you are 100% right. And I saw you trying to help both explain and make our boy feel better. I don’t care what @Kanno26 says about you, you’re good people Azi!

You are good people @Azimuth. I know you’re right. Still think the difference is negligible for most people. But I see you were both explaining and trying to smooth feathers. I don’t care what @Kanno26 says, you’re alright.
:rofl: :rofl:
Oops. Accidentally repeated the same thought cuz I hit a wrong button and it disappeared so I rewrote it only to find it already there. Lol! Sorry Kanno!

Oops. Accidentally repeated the same thought cuz I hit a wrong button and it disappeared so I rewrote it only to find it already there. Lol! Sorry Kanno!
Alright @Jon all opinions are welcome here and every opinion is a good opinion. And most importantly, someone has to go against the flow and what do you think about putting ice in a flower pot to get colors?

Alright @Jon all opinions are welcome here and every opinion is a good opinion. And most importantly, someone has to go against the flow and what do you think about putting ice in a flower pot to get colors?
NO!!!! DONT DO IT!!!

:laughtwo: Just kidding.

Honestly I think it’s a waste of time. One coldness application is not going to do anything. It takes a sustained nighttime cold. Unless you have an ice machine and can water purely ice water til harvest, lol. At this point you’d do well to accept your colors and not overthink it (imho).

Hello everyone, the purple queen went to the ground today after 63 days in vegetables and 66 days in flower and it looks absolutely amazing, probably the most beautiful bush I've seen so far. @ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO did a great job and the 300w did its job perfectly. I peeled it off a bit and hung it all up in the tent next to the Mimosa EVO and they will be hanging for a few days now. And this is how she looked today.
IMG_20230719_202513.jpg
IMG_20230719_202508.jpg
IMG_20230719_201438.jpg
IMG_20230719_200547.jpg
IMG_20230719_195314.jpg
IMG_20230719_195305.jpg
IMG_20230719_195249.jpg
IMG_20230719_193523.jpg
IMG_20230719_193511.jpg
IMG_20230719_193449.jpg

Thanks everyone for stopping by.

Hello everyone, the purple queen went to the ground today after 63 days in vegetables and 66 days in flower and it looks absolutely amazing, probably the most beautiful bush I've seen so far. @ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO did a great job and the 300w did its job perfectly. I peeled it off a bit and hung it all up in the tent next to the Mimosa EVO and they will be hanging for a few days now. And this is how she looked today.
IMG_20230719_202513.jpg
IMG_20230719_202508.jpg
IMG_20230719_201438.jpg
IMG_20230719_200547.jpg
IMG_20230719_195314.jpg
IMG_20230719_195305.jpg
IMG_20230719_195249.jpg
IMG_20230719_193523.jpg
IMG_20230719_193511.jpg
IMG_20230719_193449.jpg

Congratulations @Kanno26!! Great harvest. I have a question for you. What is the red plastic small pot looking thing in the base of your pot and why is it there?

Thanks @Jon, that bucket is a water tank. The Purple Queen was in SIP.
Ah. You SIP guys. :rofl: :rofl: Shoulda known. Hey does the Purple Queen smell great even if she didn’t get purple like you wanted? I fear I’m in for the same fate on the Pink Rozay. The buds are supposed to get hot neon pink. They looked insane. But when the temp range is around 76-84…I don’t know. I won’t be surprised if mine stay green too.

Ah. You SIP guys. :rofl: :rofl: Shoulda known. Hey does the Purple Queen smell great even if she didn’t get purple like you wanted? I fear I’m in for the same fate on the Pink Rozay. The buds are supposed to get hot neon pink. They looked insane. But when the temp range is around 76-84…I don’t know. I won’t be surprised if mine stay green too.
That's me and the SIP club 😁 otherwise the purple queen smells amazingly sweet and I'm already looking forward to tasting what it will be 😉

IMG_20230719_202513.jpg
IMG_20230719_202508.jpg
IMG_20230719_201438.jpg
IMG_20230719_200547.jpg
IMG_20230719_195314.jpg
IMG_20230719_195305.jpg
IMG_20230719_195249.jpg
IMG_20230719_193523.jpg
IMG_20230719_193511.jpg
IMG_20230719_193449.jpg

@Kanno26 Congrats for your great harvest.:cheer: