Seedsman Purple Ghost Candy Comparison Grow Hempy Style By Bluter

finally in the show and very grateful to @SeedsMan for making it all happen. :)

right off the bat we're rolling a late start. there's been a couple bumps before delivery. have to give an extra up to @SeedsMan for going over the extra mile and doubling down.

everything got here good. the added swag was a classy touch.

full

i've already been into the papers ... :cheesygrinsmiley:
i really like them. i've never rolled the best and the papers are nice to work with even for me. plus a nice even burn.

work and travel commitments, and er ... possibly personal stupidity when i injured myself, kept me from germinating the seeds for a wk - but we are good sorta and going no matter what ..

i am going to run 4 seeds hempy style.

full

bit more happening today and will post up further ..

i run hempy style in straight perlite, which is a passive hand fed hydro style. if you haven't seen it, this journal would be good to follow for the grow style as well as the great genetics.

a lot is already covered in my ongoing journal and other places, but i'll retread a few things for those not familiar with hempy, or folk following the different purple ghost candy journals.

hempy itself is just a bucket, perlite, and a hole. add decent nutes and light, along with some good genetics, and you're off to growing. @SeedsMan has the important part covered, and we're trying best for the rest as we go.

gonna be a fun journal all through. everyone is welcome in. don't be shy on questions if you haven't seen stuff.

besides perlite, buckets, and a hole, i'm using a simple line up
megacrop
calmag
RO water
h2o2
bud explosion

gonna be leaning on the first three, but the last two will come into play later in the grow.
it's an indoor grow split between two spaces.

this is my veg space. i've had to clean it up and get it sorted in a bit of rush.

full

i run a little 200w cob rig rig for seedling and veg, supplementing the main with burple 5050 smds as a sunrise/sunset feature.

full

i have a little heater in there and it was running a bit hot. it's settled on a happy 24 - 26c. we've had a late cold snap and i had to adjust a bit. it's on a thermostat so i should be ok unless there's crazy temp swing. rh is also a little crappy dry but that's par here, and most just live with it.

i have seeds going for it today. i germinate wet paper towel method, sandwiched between two plates, on a shelf above my stereo amp.

full

i soak the paper towel in a little RO water with some weak calmag. they went in last night about 18 hrs ago and i've been scrambling to keep up already .. :p

full

these are going to need a transfer to cups probably by later tonight.

lots more fun today later.

:popcorn:I'm going to tag along if you do not mind. 🍋

jump on in. think it's gonna be fun. i'm trying to get a caught up on the other purple ghost candy journals. it's an actual scramble today to get set. few more posts today coming.

emergency lunch had to happen.

full

i had to get some hempy cups set up fast for the germinated seeds.

full

wanted to make a weak nute solution to prep the perlite and get some background nutes in the media. ran into a little bit of a problem with the megacrop

full

lol. that might not work. i used a screwdriver to chip it out and ran it through the blender. :cheesygrinsmiley:

full

got a fresh container as well. it's gonna take a wk or so for the blender to air out. if you've ever gotten a whiff of MC you'll know why lol ..

once is been broken up it's fine to use. the stuff is hydrophilic, it pulls water right from the air, and will turn to concrete if left long enough on it's own. it helps to give the container a good shake every day.

with the MC busted up i was able to mix up a weak starting solution.

full

its 1/4 seedling strength.
.5g megacrop
4L RO water
1ml calmag

it gets some background nutes into the hempy cups and can be used as a foliar. to prep the cups i fill them with perlite to about 1/2 inch from the top.

full

then i fill the cups with the nute solution while holding a finger over the drain hole. let drain and repeat a couple times. this will float the perlite to the top of the cup. after it's been drained a couple times i compact the perlite down.

full

now it's ready for the germinated seeds.

transferring germinated seeds straight into perlite is a bit of a heart attack. some year i'll get smart and use plugs to start. got them transferred last night.

full

simple matter of making a little hole in the perlite, transferring the germinated seed, and filling it over. the funnel can sometimes be helpful getting everything in place.

full

all set in the veg space. the next challenge is getting them to surface.

i've got the light dimmed to 25% on 18/6. the temp came up a little, but i'm letting it sit between 26- 28c. we' had a bit of a cold spell and some snow, i adjusted the space heater a little. the top gets an occasional spray with the foliar mix. it helps to soften the seed shell as they emerge to shed them.

Wow lots to take in here....

I dont know where to start. The sandwich, the tails, or the MC!

one is just starting to peek out this morning ..

full

the others are teasing the surface and should be above the media in the next couple days.

full

happy day. means i won't have to mount a rescue mission with the toothpicks. :)

I guess in a way. They asked if I'd like to be in it but I said I could only grow one and it would be in my perpetual journal, but I offered to feature it with its own update posts and the like, and they bought in.

Short answer is yes.

still a good decision on @SeedsMan part. your journal is responsible for at least a third of the board's traffic lol :p

Hey @bluter - following with interest, I've never dome hempy

really ? i thought you'd done a grow. it's pretty simple. it's actually a micro style originally, it was meant to be run in 2L pop bottles. it's been adapted for everything from solos to barrels now.

i use 2L and 5L buckets. i'm gonna run 5L with cages for the run.

really ? i thought you'd done a grow. it's pretty simple. it's actually a micro style originally, it was meant to be run in 2L pop bottles. it's been adapted for everything from solos to barrels now.

i use 2L and 5L buckets. i'm gonna run 5L with cages for the run.
I've done something similar, but with coco/perlite and more like a flood/drain ie no res
Now you've got me thinking about how I might be able to incorporate some of this stuff into my grows
:reading420magazine:

Back
Top Bottom