Black African Magic (2), Cafe Racer and Malawi x Panama in SIP's

Chuckeye

Greetings,

Second grow with SIP's ;)

Five gallon pails, GroBucket inserts, ProMix HP and Mega Crop one part.

600w MH/HPS in a 42" parabolic reflector, ~5' x 5' x 4' high enclosure in a 10' x 10' x 8' high room.

Black African Magic beans from The Seed Fair. Ordered a 3 pack and paid by e-money transfer for an additional 4 free seeds !

Six of the seven seeds are nice and plump with black streaks !

Cafe Racer, a freebee from True North. A cross between Big Bud and Girl Scout Cookies.

Malawi x Panama, Ace Seeds by way of Herbies.

A staggered germination, long story, anywho, decided to grow two Black African Magic seeds to see if there is much variance in pheno's...

BAM #2 was transplanted @ 10 days old, a first for me !

Fast forward to day 21 😆

Two views of the Black African Magic..

31 Jan BAM high.jpg

31 Jan BAM low.jpg

31 Jan Cafe Racer.jpg

31 Jan Malawi x Panama.jpg

The BAM #2 came up with her helmet on, sigh... Gave her 24 hours and then manually removed it.

31 Jan BAM Two.jpg

Cheers, eh ?

Now four days from transplant !

Ages are >
Black African Magic 24 days
Black African Magic #2 13 days
Cafe Racer 20 days
Malawi x Panama 24 days

Should mention I tried something different this time.

Under filled the pails with ProMix HP, watered with 1 gallon from the top first.

Then filled the reservoir to about 3/4's.

The reason for under filling the medium was to get the bottom of the solo cups closer to the "wet" zone.

After transplanting I adding a couple of inches of medium and "wet" that with ~ 1L of feed, mix was 2g/gallon of MC.

For the next few weeks I'll top the reservoir daily to half full before starting my bottom/bottom/top watering with a full reservoir....

3 Feb BAM.jpg
3 Feb BAM #2.jpg

3 Feb Cafe Racer.jpg

3 Feb Malawi x Panama.jpg

Cheers

Now four days from transplant !

Ages are >
Black African Magic 24 days
Black African Magic #2 13 days
Cafe Racer 20 days
Malawi x Panama 24 days

Should mention I tried something different this time.

Under filled the pails with ProMix HP, watered with 1 gallon from the top first.

Then filled the reservoir to about 3/4's.

The reason for under filling the medium was to get the bottom of the solo cups closer to the "wet" zone.

After transplanting I adding a couple of inches of medium and "wet" that with ~ 1L of feed, mix was 2g/gallon of MC.

For the next few weeks I'll top the reservoir daily to half full before starting my bottom/bottom/top watering with a full reservoir....

3 Feb BAM.jpg
3 Feb BAM #2.jpg

3 Feb Cafe Racer.jpg

3 Feb Malawi x Panama.jpg

Cheers
Great looking plants! Malawi x Panama is the one that peaks my interest here. Some phenos will display beautiful pink pistils flowering indoors where as other pink pistil strains would need natural outdoor sunlight in order to display these colors.

Great looking plants! Malawi x Panama is the one that peaks my interest here. Some phenos will display beautiful pink pistils flowering indoors where as other pink pistil strains would need natural outdoor sunlight in order to display these colors.
So glad to have reached this stage 😆

Things will start to move along now...

The Malawi x Panama will be one to watch, she has already "eaten" her cotyledon leaves !

My previous Malawi required a little less than normal feed....

Cheers

So glad to have reached this stage 😆

Things will start to move along now...

The Malawi x Panama will be one to watch, she has already "eaten" her cotyledon leaves !

My previous Malawi required a little less than normal feed....

Cheers
Same with my Auto Malawi I have going right now. It definitely has me watching ec a little bit more than normal.

Green Crack and I had an Executive meeting tonight :bongrip:

Some thoughts.....

I think I am probably pushing how much water is too much at the start !

Basically I have "charged" the roughly 4 gallons of ProMix HP with 1 3/4 gallons of water o_O

A gallon from the top, + 1/2 gallon in the reservoir and then the next day another 1/4 gallon from the top !

Last grow I filled the reservoir 24 hours before transplanting and maintained a 1/2 full reservoir as needed for the next couple of weeks (?).

Then the girls started leaning from lack of upper roots and I started watering from the top roughly every three cycles.

To be safe I did scuff the surface of the medium up.

A wood skewer shows a bit of moisture at 1" and wet down to the top of the reservoir.

Temp is 82F, RH is 40% With the humidifier running !

Lights are at 75% and 36".

It was at 50% and 44", the older girls had stretched to about 3" before I turned up the Power, he, he...

I'll be watching the reaction between BAM #1 and BAM #2 closely but everyone seems happy !

4 Feb full.jpg

Cheers

Looking good @Chuckeye , and I'm always up for a SIP grow.

Interesting experiment you've got going and the plants seem to be handling the extra top water just fine. Interesting as I usually do the opposite.

I'm looking forward to see what you learn this run. :thumb:

Looking good @Chuckeye , and I'm always up for a SIP grow.

Interesting experiment you've got going and the plants seem to be handling the extra top water just fine. Interesting as I usually do the opposite.

I'm looking forward to see what you learn this run. :thumb:
Thanks @Azimuth

Just looked in on the young ladies and they are all praying !

Day 28 for the two oldest.....

I checked and the last SIP grow I started watering from the top at day 35.

So starting top watering earlier doesn't seem to have done any harm ;)

Cheers

Malawi x Panama started her training today ;)

Breeders description of heights is High for the Malawi x Panama vs Medium for Black African Magic (which is days away from even thinking about training) !

The plan is to train her sideways and limit each node to six branches o_O

That's 18 tops without any side branches.

Well, that is the plan 😆

12 Feb Training Day 33.jpg

Sad to say it looks like Black African Magic #2 isn't showing much progress @ day 23...

Leaving her with her helmut head on for a day was likely not a good decision, sigh...

13 Feb BAM #2 Day 23.jpg

Cheers, eh ?

Back
Top Bottom