Black African Magic

Once I get them I put them in the back of a desk drawer.
And how long were they in there? Fluctuating temps and humidity wrecks havoc with viability.

Here's how I store mine...

*** Seed Storage ***

I'm seeing lots of questions in different threads lately on how to store the seeds you aren't going to plant right away.

I keep mine in the fridge, lower shelf and way out back behind other stuff. A darkened and sealed container is best to block the light. An amber glass jar with a screw-on lid would be perfect.

The consistent low temperature and low humidity is very helpful to long term seed storage. Some folks even advocate keeping them in the freezer. I've had no noticeable degradation in germination rates even after 5 years and more.

If you don't keep them in the fridge, but just at ambient room temps, the fluctuating temperatures and humidity levels throughout the year will significantly affect germination rates as time goes on. If you're just keeping them a year or so it might not matter much, but anything more than that and the fridge is your friend.

When I want to plant some I take out just what I need and put the rest back in the fridge as quickly as I can. I want the storage group to have as little time out as possible, and I certainly don't want them warming up to room temperature. The rising temps can also change humidity levels and further degrade the seeds chances of sprouting.

And how long were they in there? Fluctuating temps and humidity wrecks havoc with viability.

Here's how I store mine...
Hello,

All in an air conditioned room, low light, all less then 6 months old.

I am starting to wonder if having seeds shipped in the summer is killing them? Experiencing 100+ degree temps in shipping.

Could very well be. One can imagine them sitting with a load of mail in a hot, humid shipping container or delivery vehicle.
I put these out last night, bag seeds along with Zkittles and Tangerine Dream & Bay Dream that have not done anything, these three all from seed banks.

Bag seeds are the only thing germinated, and it did that in half a day.

IMG_3346.jpeg

That suggests it may be the seed, and not your method, that's the issue.
Man, remembering the Zkittlez I had going that turned out to be Male Auto Flower…same seed bank. I told them that everything they are sending out is bunk, they assured me that it was me 😡

Hey everyone 👋

Thankfully my schedule has slowed down…right as BAM Three is coming into harvest.

Hanging the mini evaporator cooler has been a game changer. I am currently by adjusting ventilation able to get 15 degrees difference between night and day. As this grow has gone on I also ran a humidifier inside the tent, higher in the early season, lower now, simulating a hot humid summer going into a “dryer winter”.

The growth on this plant has been marvelous. The buds are bigger then anything I have ever seen, the aroma is exponentially more then the last two BAM plants. These plants are limonene forward, but near equal in spice and herb.

Knowing what I know now, I definitely harvested a bit early on the last two BAM plants, OG was about perfect. I am really excited to see how this plant is, visually there is twice as much trichomes, aroma is robust, buds are massive.

I had am in a major drought in germination. Nothing purchased will germinate. I did get a Tangerine Dream seed to germinate and pop all in 24 hours, along side 2 of what I am calling Black Diesel, seeds from the pollinated BAM by Purple Diesel.

Perhaps I should start a grow journal for Black Diesel 🤔

IMG_3405.jpeg

IMG_3408.jpeg

IMG_3409.jpeg

IMG_3410.jpeg

IMG_3411.jpeg

IMG_3412.jpeg

IMG_3413.jpeg

IMG_3414.jpeg

IMG_3415.jpeg

Here is a question for you all.

For drying, does the branch need total darkness? Or just not direct sunlight?

If space allowed, could I hang above grow lights?

🙏
Actually, some light is beneficial during drying. The leaves will continue to metabolize nutrients etc. for a couple days.

Strong light just degrades the trichs, so no sunlight, no.

I used to dry mine on strings above the lights in the grow room. Worked great. :thumb:

Actually, some light is beneficial during drying. The leaves will continue to metabolize nutrients etc. for a couple days.

Strong light just degrades the trichs, so no sunlight, no.

I used to dry mine on strings above the lights in the grow room. Worked great. :thumb:
Thank you 🙏

That is exactly what I was thinking, I use a 6 foot tent for flower, have plenty of space above the lights 👍🏻🤙🏻🙏

If you're looking for landrace genetics that are genuine, Ace Seeds is hard to beat. They're out of Spain and you can order directly from them, or several seed houses also carry their stock.

I've grown a dozen of their strains and they were all solid. At the moment, I'm a bit blown away by their Killer Malawi x Nevils A5 Haze. Whew! Gonna run some Purple Paki Haze (Purple Haze x Paki Chitral Kush) next round.

Of course, sprouting seeds can be tricky. I've gone through some very dry spells myself - like 80% failure. Dunno sometimes. :hmmmm: I can't seem to fail with clones.

For sprouting, try applying the heat from above, like the sun does. I hung a CFL a couple inches over the soil and the seeds liked that better than from below.

If you're looking for landrace genetics that are genuine, Ace Seeds is hard to beat. They're out of Spain and you can order directly from them, or several seed houses also carry their stock.

I've grown a dozen of their strains and they were all solid. At the moment, I'm a bit blown away by their Killer Malawi x Nevils A5 Haze. Whew! Gonna run some Purple Paki Haze (Purple Haze x Paki Chitral Kush) next round.

Of course, sprouting seeds can be tricky. I've gone through some very dry spells myself - like 80% failure. Dunno sometimes. :hmmmm: I can't seem to fail with clones.

For sprouting, try applying the heat from above, like the sun does. I hung a CFL a couple inches over the soil and the seeds liked that better than from below.
Thank you 🙏 I will definitely check out Ace Seeds.

Good info also on germination 🙏

I see you have connected with the Landrace thread. Good resources to be found in there. :thumb:
man, so freakin awesome 🙏 you all have helped me so much.

Also, Rheumatologist told me Friday night, I was his last patient of the day. He thinks i have Non-radiographic axial spondyloarthritis 😵‍💫

Fancy way of saying an auto inflammatory/autoimmune disease 😵‍💫

Anyways…heres to smokin it up 😂

Okie!

Just switched from 1 week of 11/13 and am now in 10/14. The aroma legitimately amplified after one longer night. Aroma is big, smells like sugar cookies, open the tent, sugar cookies, pine, pepper, holy moly.

Buds are getting plump, pistils on a few have nearly all turned brown, started receding in. I adjusted the net down to prep for sectional crop. My hope is take the top colas, lower the net, drop the lights about 16”, hang the stalks above the lights as the rest mature.

Got a lot on deck, in my germination drought i went bananas:

Black Diesel x 3
Tangerine Dream x 1
OG Kush in germination with tap root x 2
Zkittlez shell has opened.

I will start journals for all, will SIP and LST all, may possibly out door grow Black Diesel.

✌🏻
IMG_3489.jpeg

IMG_3482.jpeg

IMG_3481.jpeg

IMG_3480.jpeg

IMG_3479.jpeg

IMG_3490.jpeg

IMG_3491.jpeg

IMG_3492.jpeg

IMG_3493.jpeg

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis. Good thing you've got some herb to keep your endocannabinoid system topped up. That's the one that helps keep all of the others balanced and working their best.

It's amazing to me that doctors aren't taught about it in med school. The ridiculous war on drugs is really doing damage to people's health.

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis. Good thing you've got some herb to keep your endocannabinoid system topped up. That's the one that helps keep all of the others balanced and working their best.

It's amazing to me that doctors aren't taught about it in med school. The ridiculous war on drugs is really doing damage to people's health.
Right? Having watched the entire “war on drugs”, the bag of “crack cocaine” found outside the fence of the white house, the the launching of DARE, and knowing now factually that entire platform failed, made the actual drug program worst…I am baffled as a society at large we remain so conditioned and willing ignorant.

Endocannabinoid System is exactly what did it for me. A good friend of mine who has MS, said to me one day when he was arguing that I needed to use cannabis, “ok, whether your body evolved or was created, it has whats called the endocannabinoid system. it takes from cannabis what your body needs to function normal, passes the rest. The body either consumed cannabis for so long it evolved and developed this system, or god put it there”.

That was that for me. So then take that idea, regardless of where one lands, being a Doctor, or a scientist, is about practicing medicine/science. I cannot fathom the hard headed unwillingness to look…that is neither medicine or science.

I've been looking for suggestions to grow high CBD strains for pain management. Last year I've purchased the 30:1 strain from The Seed Fair. None of the seeds grew past a seedling and one didn't pop at all. My recent purchase from The Seed Fair was a 15:1 strain (no more 30:1 offered for sale). I germinated one seed and it too died as a seedling.

Other strains are doing just fine. I've given The Seed Fair some feedback on the strain but got no help. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom