Black Diesel?

GPCannabis

Howdy 👋

Third grow journal here, if you read the Tangerine Dream journal, this will be tough for me….

Anyways…

We believe I have an auto inflammatory/autoimmune disease, to date I really haven't found help from Doctors. I typically seek out potent, energizing, robust, high THC sativas, as they eliminate the sickness that comes, and near debilitating pain that follows.

I grew a landrace strain called Black African Magic, three times now (see my journals). It is absolutely incredible. It isn’t perfect for me, but its strength and ability to neutralize extreme inflammation is unchallenged. In my first grow of two BAM plants I had a Purple Diesel seed going as well. I did not catch it soon enough as I was learning and clueless, but the PD was a male, and pollinated my first 2 BAM plants.

I first was tossing out the seeds…then went through a drought where every single seed purchased failed, from the birth of BAM 3 till now. In my desperation I germinated 2 of the BAM plants pollinated by PD. Yes I understand this is a total wild card. but if 1 of the 2 are female, it could also be incredible.

So, sit back and watch as we see WTF is about to happen with Black Diesel 1 & 2.

The seed in the middle is Tangerine Dream (see my journal).

G & P 👍🏻🤙🏻🌱✌🏻

IMG_3434.jpeg

IMG_3437.jpeg

IMG_3439.jpeg

Looking at the three BD seeds one can definitely see what people mean they say bag seeds or seeds from pollinated plants are totally random.

All popped on the same day, 2 grew tap roots extremely fast, the other longer, and one clearly growing the fastest.

Lets hope they are female and we get big potent cannabinoid filled buds 🙏

IMG_3557.jpeg

IMG_3560.jpeg

We believe I have an auto inflammatory/autoimmune disease, to date I really haven't found help from Doctors. I typically seek out potent, energizing, robust, high THC sativas, as they eliminate the sickness that comes, and near debilitating pain that follows.
I think I may have mentioned it in your first thread (not sure) but you should try adding a CBD strain into your rotation.

A little CBD can actually enhance the THC effects, and the same is true going the other way. Most people look for a certain ratio in a strain like 2:1 THC:CBD, or whatever, but I think the better way to go is to grow a high THC/low CBD strain as well as a high CBD/low THC strain and then you can mix 'n match the two however you like to find the ideal ratio for you. And that ratio might change for you depending on other things going on in your life so you get great flexibility that way rather than being constrained by one particular fixed ratio.

In any event, good luck with this grow. I'll tag along if you have room on the bus.

I think I may have mentioned it in your first thread (not sure) but you should try adding a CBD strain into your rotation.

A little CBD can actually enhance the THC effects, and the same is true going the other way. Most people look for a certain ratio in a strain like 2:1 THC:CBD, or whatever, but I think the better way to go is to grow a high THC/low CBD strain as well as a high CBD/low THC strain and then you can mix 'n match the two however you like to find the ideal ratio for you. And that ratio might change for you depending on other things going on in your life so you get great flexibility that way rather than being constrained by one particular fixed ratio.

In any event, good luck with this grow. I'll tag along if you have room on the bus.
Howdy G & P! Looks like your plants are off to a good start! I sure hope you get a few girls out of that mix. I am a +1 on the CBD... I Vape a mixture of high CBD & high THC every night, helps with my Diabetes and everything that comes along with that. I bought a Volcano hybrid a few months back, prior to that I was using a Pax 2. Since I have been using the Volcano, I vape 1/2 the amount of weed that I was while using my Pax. That Volcano packs a punch!
Happy growing!

:hookah:

Hello everyone,

I have had to be away from my home, so I have someone else watching the plants and sending me pics…

Look at the growth below!

Thus fair no pistils or bananas, honestly, not sure how many nodes they are at…

once I am home I am either topping or going LST, and flipping to 12/12, watching for bananas. my goal from here out is not “big plants”, rather fast harvest. More plants, faster harvest.

Very curious what these plants will be like? Clearly they are hearty, hopefully 2 of 3 are female 🤞🏻

IMG_4049.jpeg

If anyone actually reads this, I am copying this first intro to my three current grow journals. Been a hell of a time since I have been able to think about anything other than working, not being sick, and going to Doctors.

Officially have been diagnosed with Non Radiographic Axial Spondyloarthritis. It is both autoimmune and auto inflammatory, starts in the spine, moves to the axis (hips, si joints, shoulders). Been a hell of a 30/40 days.

The plants however have not been neglected. Sorry I missed a 25 day window of growth!

Black Diesel!

These plants were a total mystery, wishing I would have save all the seeds. I do however, have a lot of seeds from when I decided to save and grow.

Anyways, these three plants all seem to be very similar, fast growing, lots of THC development early, leaves are all similar, smell is all similar. From what I read of growing bag seeds I figured this would be a crapshoot, add to the fact it was an accidental pollination, which created an accidental hybrid, I did not expect this.

All three plants have long lanky, ribbed leaves. The leaves are thick and strong, they all smell of grapefruit and pine. The leaves are pretty different than Black African Magic which was half of what they came from, the stocks and branches are also much thicker.

I am taking a much stronger approach on pruning, trimming lower fan leaves so light gets to the bucket, I want the whole plant in light.

Super excited to see how the harvest turns out.

Pics should be newest to old.

More to come 👋

IMG_4584.jpeg

IMG_4586.jpeg

IMG_4588.jpeg

IMG_4587.jpeg

IMG_4570.jpeg

IMG_4564.jpeg

IMG_4319.jpeg

IMG_4318.jpeg

IMG_4316.jpeg

IMG_4317.jpeg

Black Diesel update:

If I did not say this above, i started growing these plants by accident because nothing was germinating. What I thought was seedy cannabis has turned into a miracle.

Two of the three are shorter, one is taller. All three smell like fruity pebbles. Rich fruity, bergamot, sweetness, tart lemon, and holy moly they are covered in trichomes. The leaves on are three are basically the same, departing from the fatter wider leaves of half its parent, BAM. There is also a rather strong amount of sugar cookie/brown sugar smell lingering between all the other sweet fruity aromas.

I am pruning off fan leaves as they get large enough to have a stem to easily cut. From the 3 methods I have tried, this is visually putting much much more trichomes in and around the buds and sugar leaves.

Looking back, I threw away 95% of the seeds from the BAM plant pollinated by PD, wish I would have saved them.

Cant wait for dry, cure, then smoke to tell you all about it.

IMG_4877.jpeg

IMG_4879.jpeg

IMG_4880.jpeg

IMG_4883.jpeg

IMG_4884.jpeg

IMG_4885.jpeg

IMG_4886.jpeg

IMG_4887.jpeg

IMG_4888.jpeg

IMG_4889.jpeg

Looking back, I threw away 95% of the seeds from the BAM plant pollinated by PD, wish I would have saved them.
Could try to clone or reveg the plant. That way you'd have an exact replica of the plant you like rather than some genetic variation you'll get with seeds.

Could try to clone or reveg the plant. That way you'd have an exact replica of the plant you like rather than some genetic variation you'll get with seeds.
Cloning is the exact next thing on my radar.

So, After harvest I could attempt reveg with all three, if they survive, keep them in veg during harvest & cure, if one is impressive keep it in veg and clone that one?

The BAM plant is incredible, however, being 100% sativa, it lacks the “feel good” of a hybrid. However, being 100% sativa and high THC it goes straight to my immune & nervous system. I have four BAM seeds left and have definitely considered getting one going as a Mother Plant, and try out pollinating with strains like OG Kush or Tahoe OG.

The next question though…is it all worth it?

I have Mayberry and Blueberry Lemon Shake Up that I purchased from Josh Blue…Mayberry may be the exact thing I am aiming for…So, possibly clone that…

Nonetheless, cloning is on my learn list.

Where would you point a newbie?

🙏

If you want to try to save your existing plant(s) already in flower, Here is @Van Stank 's how-to.

As for cloning, @Melville Hobbes is right. Everyone has their own method that works for them. I was the world's worst cloner for years. I tried everything from soil to coco to bubble and mist cloners, plain water, you name it. A bubble mist cloner is supposed to be the easiest, most consistent way to do it but even that didn't work for me.

It's probably my environment (temps, humidity, water quality). Whatever.

My first grow, before I knew anything about anything, I had dumb-luck success with a perlite Hempy setup so I went back and tried a few things around that and BINGO! I now get consistent, fast, and predictable results.

So, cloning is really hard until you figure out what will work for you, then it's really easy. But no way to know what that is until you try a few things.

@Trala 's way is a good one to start with. And I'd say start early since the further you get into flower the harder it is. Most growers clone in the veg stage where it's much easier to strike roots since that's the phase the plant is already concentrated on.

If you want to try to save your existing plant(s) already in flower, Here is @Van Stank 's how-to.

As for cloning, @Melville Hobbes is right. Everyone has their own method that works for them. I was the world's worst cloner for years. I tried everything from soil to coco to bubble and mist cloners, plain water, you name it. A bubble mist cloner is supposed to be the easiest, most consistent way to do it but even that didn't work for me.

It's probably my environment (temps, humidity, water quality). Whatever.

My first grow, before I knew anything about anything, I had dumb-luck success with a perlite Hempy setup so I went back and tried a few things around that and BINGO! I now get consistent, fast, and predictable results.

So, cloning is really hard until you figure out what will work for you, then it's really easy. But no way to know what that is until you try a few things.

@Trala 's way is a good one to start with. And I'd say start early since the further you get into flower the harder it is. Most growers clone in the veg stage where it's much easier to strike roots since that's the phase the plant is already concentrated on.
yo!

question: I am doing the chop to all 6 growing plants tomorrow morning. yeah I know…i barely posted 😢

for these three hybrids…i want to attempt to reveg in event they are awesome for later cloning.

suggestions on where to cut and what to to after?

🙏

Back
Top Bottom