DV8's Deviance

Well this has been a bit of a never ending story.

The claim that Im indecisive could be levelled at me for sure.

Heres today.
Added timers. Two more to add.

Got 6 inch extraction scrubber around right way (you had one job DV8 lol! Theres even a fucking arrow lmao).
Should help the smell.

Set up in tent board for flower tent
(currently Chrissy). Has a temp controlled power outlet, that you can set high and low temps for appliance to kick in.
For summer it will be AC, winter probably heat bar. Still looking for good AC.

Has 4 plug circut breaker board, channeling for cords, and support bar to attach to tent. Rerouted and secured power cable at rear.

Put inline 4 inch to draw new air in.

Watered all 3 girls. Im so lost I dont know when they last got feed. Cleaned flower room to near spotless. Wiped and cleaned veg tent, definitely needs a further tidy.

Put up whiteboard and got work station for laptop.

Made input aux board to be mounted between tents. Has powerboard with inbuilt light for illumination, and mounted temp controlled dual fan controller. Again once everything its settled and temps tracked Ill turn it on.

Power consumption measured. Its actually not as bad as I though it might be, Im under budget by around 40% so far with most everything running, which means I should be under target.

Things left to do. Secure ducting. Make veg tent board. Get AC. Remount dimmer switch on 200W flower board ( its custom built). Make overhead mount for extraction unit X 2. Mount doorway & acoustic panels to room. Get clone/seedling tent ready to use (needs a strip down, clean, and set up)

Fairly close, I keep fiddling with settings, cords, and tent orientation which have slowed things down, as well as picking up a bunch of materials to line shed, build more mezzanine, and a small "clean" area for paperwork, eating etc.

By this time next week I hope its properly set up, for now its all functional waiting for finishing touches.

Im sure the girls havent loved it, and hoping I can make them a little more comfortable so they can do their thing.

The next lot will definitely benefit.
Terrific. :thumb:
Forgive me if I've mentioned this already. :Namaste:
But I don't see a smoke detector or fire extinguisher listed there.:Namaste:
Safety is important my friend. :high-five:
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Pics.

20221030_074639.jpg

They look happier. Bit of an N issue, almost a signature of my grows.....

20221030_074805.jpg

Fed and Supercropped yesterday (Chrissy). Adalita still in greenhouse. This light is a bit better for true colours than the Mars.

Terrific. :thumb:
Forgive me if I've mentioned this already. :Namaste:
But I don't see a smoke detector or fire extinguisher listed there.:Namaste:
Safety is important my friend. :high-five:
Take care.

Stay safe
Thats fair enough mate.

Two things to note.

First, all the electricals despite being ad hoc are carefully arranged and inputs monitored. Secondly there are several circuit breakers in each of the lines.

Part of our construction training teaches us to be safe and the dos and donts. I follow the same guidelines at home, such as no overloads, not looping wires, having tested equipment and lines etc.

Secondly I have fire equipment in the shed as well as in the vehicles, and throughout the house.

When I did my DG licence we had firefighting refresher every year. Its amazing how big and dangerous a fire can get before being able to be put out with the smallest gear. Ive attended (as a citzen) two vehicle fires in my travels.

Im shocked at how not only are most people under prepared, even fewer know what to do.

I will have a fixed alarm in once the electrician finishes up with the box, and for now have a couple charged extinguishers and a fire blanket at the ready. Not least as insurance wont cover me for canna related activities that start the rest of the shed haha.

When I built the rooms its mostly steel, if it did go up I expect it wouldnt go very far, but you never know.

Cheers mate.

Ok so four more photo seeds went in, and Ive got a couple clones started using differing techniques, will do a cpl more tomorrow to see what works for me.

I have nothing but time, and Ive finished 80% of the construction on my rooms, so time to forge ahead.

Newest seeds soaking are:

Zkittlez
Grand Daddy Purple
Blueberry
(Not too bothered about these striking, all freebies)

& Barneys Farm Watermelon Zkittlez, same one as Courtney (its still tough to think about).

Autos are chugging along, Im hoping around 3 weeks left.

Coming into flower I trimmed out all the lower nodal growth, I was hoping to have them concentrated on the top nodes to get better buds.

Well Adalita has had other ideas and where I missed trimming her right back she stuck out some lower growth and budded haha, almost in spite of me.

It wont amount to too much, but I wont remove it now. Part of me wishes I left it all on now, just to see what might have been. Probably only a few more grams, I love her spirit to produce though.

They arent outrageously good, but Ive definitely changed my mind about autos, I might have to source a few more and test them out, as I only have the two seeds left (Barneys GZ & CK) since Jay took the rest.

Tricky little things, but good fun.

Thats fair enough mate.

Two things to note.

First, all the electricals despite being ad hoc are carefully arranged and inputs monitored. Secondly there are several circuit breakers in each of the lines.

Part of our construction training teaches us to be safe and the dos and donts. I follow the same guidelines at home, such as no overloads, not looping wires, having tested equipment and lines etc.

Secondly I have fire equipment in the shed as well as in the vehicles, and throughout the house.

When I did my DG licence we had firefighting refresher every year. Its amazing how big and dangerous a fire can get before being able to be put out with the smallest gear. Ive attended (as a citzen) two vehicle fires in my travels.

Im shocked at how not only are most people under prepared, even fewer know what to do.

I will have a fixed alarm in once the electrician finishes up with the box, and for now have a couple charged extinguishers and a fire blanket at the ready. Not least as insurance wont cover me for canna related activities that start the rest of the shed haha.

When I built the rooms its mostly steel, if it did go up I expect it wouldnt go very far, but you never know.

Cheers mate.
When my light blew up 8 was right there.
2 small fire extinguishers did do a thing to knock it down.
By the time the fire department put it out the whole house was covered in smoke damage.
Then the insurance company tried to get out of covering us.
Eventually it got sorted , but it was absolute hell.
Just wanted to make sure you were OK.
I'm happy your on the ball. :thumb:
Take care.

Stay safe

Tails on 3, just the GDP unknown. Zkittlez was first, the BB and WZ later today.

Put them in seed raising mix.

Moved the clones into a hack clone box till I build a permanent one, or get the clone tent running again.

Next job, fit the tents to trolleys, so little wiggle room its ridiculous.

Auto girls quietly stacking.

Photo girls looked happier today, could be the light too making them look a bit sad, too intense, its pretty close.

Will give all but the seeds a feed tomorrow see if I cant get more out of them.

Things are good, but Id like better. Moving in right direction though.

On positive side, Tent auto getting a bit of frost.

Photo girls are quite even with all the adjustments twice daily, and side node growth is strong.

Outside auto getting stinky, such a nice smell.

Automation is fairly well dialled in, everything seems to run as it should after some small teething issues.

Sorted and labelled all my grow gear, so everything needed should have its place and be on hand. For a hobby it sure demands a lot. Haha.

Ok here we go. Photo girls. (With comparison for my growmie @Trala )

They are a beautiful green, and lower RH today had them looking almost happy. They are noticeably growing and building.

Its weird I can see such a difference overnight, I swear the dark period is underated in the growth results.

20221104_170542.jpg
20221104_170554.jpg
20221104_170634.jpg

Chrissy, tent auto. Man shes such a dark green its crazy. Pistils just starting to turn. For little buds they look good. Hopefully they pack a punch.

20221104_170739.jpg
20221104_170807.jpg
20221104_170818.jpg

20221104_172516.jpg
20221104_172443.jpg

My pic game doesnt really do them justice.

Overall 6.5/10, but they're definitely full of potential. Cant wait to flip them.

Clones arent dead.

Seeds still below ground.

Cheers

4 births today.

I gotta learn to put them deeper. Surgery required.

Not sure if the gdp gonna make it, shes a bit funky coming out, kinda went horizontal.

Chrissy is just the stickiest funkiest bud Ive ever grown. Might be the bloom booster @Trala , Ive given Adalita some today. There will always be a difference between indoor and outdoor, however Chrissy is really turning it on. I wish I had a camera here worthy of taking a decent pic to share.

Clones arent dead. Theres hope.

Made a bit of a blunder with the flower tent I wanted to put up. It wont squeeze in the space I made! I might have to trim some poles, its the biggest tent I have and with the extra girls coming Im going to need a space eventually.

Might go to Jays and see if my tent there is a wee bit smaller, I think its the same size tbh. Too late to move walls out, and the current flower tent is a squeeze for 3, good for 2.

Veg girls are just loving life today, they must need a repot by now, those pots must be full of roots.

Im hesitant as it will mean more veg, probably do it today.

Missed my window this week to go get more medium.

So with everything looking good or better Im having a great canna day.

Lifes been so full on lately its nice to have things looking good and starting new. My refugee house guests moved out yesterday so tending to the girls has moved back on the agenda in earnest.

Will circle back later with pics.

I put her into free fall to the floor.
I did that to one of mine a couple of weeks ago when up-potting, I swung my hand holding the seedling up to it's new pot and failed to notice another pot in the way which stopped my hand and the plant sailed thru the air to be temporarily buried but seems ok now. The germination and getting established phase can be a nightmare. Your other big plants are looking good.

Omg would it kill you to get your level out and do a bit of straightening? I got a fucking crook in my neck looking at that!
You're a worry.

Tra: I take pics of glitter that noone can make out.

Also Tra: That pic you took is shit. Total garbage.

For the record I thought youd have a crack over cleanliness. Crisis averted.

Deeve asked me to put together a tutorial. Now I’m not saying this is how you do it. I’m just sharing how I do it. I think that’s one of the things that irritates me about growing in a forum. People have a method, good results then mistakenly believe that’s how growing is done. I think growing is like cooking, it’s personal, individual and as long as you’re happy with the result, it’s a success. If you like the look of a persons cake/plant, ask them how they do it, and follow their grow recipe. It’s about finding what makes your plants sing. I am driven by what pleases my eyes. So Deeve this is how I clone. I have taken a monstercropped Zkittles clone which was a gift from carcass. I find it hard to let go, and I want one more opportunity to grow her, so the timing is perfect.

I start with my set up. I view cloning like surgery. You want to use an aseptic technique which is just fancy talk for no germs. The first thing I do is work out what part of the plant will be best to cut. Because they are all possible Coca-Cola sites, I want to pick the least promising looking bud, they are usually down low. I find the piece I want, then get my stuff together.

75957AAA-5F53-4278-A3E1-6D33499C1F0B.jpeg

My list

A clean pot
Humidity dome (I use the bottom half of a plastic bottle)
Scissors
Scalpel
Propagation mix
Rooting agent
Depth finder, or as you prolly call it a pen

I get all my operation stuff ready. Fill my pot with dirt, water the dirt, make a hole for the clone, I tip a bit of clonex in the lid, get my scalpel so I can get her in dirt with a few swift movements. I also neaten her up. I like to cut my leaves diagonally (the same way you take a picture) so they are smaller and easy to manage.

F1B55525-0AA4-42FE-9998-59A39448C528.jpeg

Then I cut my clone diagonally. I personally like a two noded clone.

73C81440-5703-4E6F-B729-3E323AFF7CF4.jpeg

So it’s cut, dip, plant. Or bish bash bosh motherfucker as I prefer to call it. I really squish it in the dirt, then pop a humidity dome on. I always bury that second node too. I’m also a notorious look at me show off all about the safety. I say this all the time. When you are dealing with potting/propagation/seedling mixes, please wear a mask. I nurse a handful of unlucky gardeners every year who end up with bacterial infections from dirt.

31B8865D-C350-48F6-801F-AB47D89B3EE6.jpeg

Then it’s into a spot in my yard that gets gentle sun, and at night to help with that Reveg phase, she will go in the veg tent to get her 18 hours of light.

B654F3A7-8EE1-49F6-A043-A0A8DA21CF15.jpeg

Thanks for asking. I really enjoyed putting this together for you :) Hope this both makes sense and helps :) And if she strikes she will be Pee Bee :)

Maybe, just maybe Zkittlez baby is gonna make it.

I need some order in my life, feels like a full time job just keeping up with the girls, how anyone with full time hours does any more than a couple is amazing to me.

Right so pics

IMG_20221109_213039.jpg

Chrissy ^

IMG_20221109_213419.jpg

Shirley (Gorilla Zkittlez) Left,
Tori (White Widow) Right

IMG_20221109_213536.jpg

TL (Watermelon Zkittlez Barney's Farm)
BL (Zkittlez)
TR (Blueberry)
BR (GDP)

Any name suggestions? Female musicians or entertainers preferably.

Any how Babies are up and already fucking leggy.

Me to me: straight under the clone light. Good job mate.

Me yesterday: You've got to be kidding.

*Exhale*

Anyhow.

Chrissy just keeps going. I love her smell, her look, her little glitter.

Look Barney's isnt gonna come knock on my door, nor is anyones biggest auto title under threat, haha, but shes a gorgeous jewel little plant.

Im hanging out for her and Adalita to finish.

Adalita has really started to stack up, maybe the supercropping lit a fire. And those budsites that were never meant to grow have just gone boom. I should have left them. Thats my lesson this time around.

Veg girls repotted & given a feed then after pics a haircut. Everyone looking happy.

Wow great write up @Trala thank you so much for taking the time, laying out all the technical side, also the details, just magnificent.

Look I know you know I already agree with your opening thoughts, and I too think its a sound way to view the growing experience.

It absolutely should be dynamic, adding in new knowledge, taking good growers as mentors, and staying open minded.

Starting out with a new setup has been great fun, and a learning curve.

Cant wait to try your method. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom