DV8's Deviance

Ok so things are slowly getting back to some sort of normal.

Been a crazy few days.

Moved the photo girls into the shed. They have had fuck all ventilation as our house guests just keep coming and going. Sigh.

That said the three plants and clone attempt are still going on.

If these fuckers ever leave Ill do a proper update. Like Im all for helping out, but with just the wife and 2 cats it feels crowded, let alone a few days of extra people with no end in sight.

First hot shower I get will be a treat.

Take care out there.

Cheers.
20221019_194851.jpg
Give them the boot so you can get some hot water. :rofl:
Hope the garden is ok,:thumb:
Take care my friend.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Ok so it was a big day.

Got my panel walls up, which is enough for now. Its near midnight but they are upright. Really was a two man job, but I made it work. The 3 photo girls will stay in the little tent with the ts1000.

If I have time tomorrow Ill get big tent up, set up, try and run the autos to harvest, then put the photos girls into flower, because Im dying to start a couple new ones.

Have to tidy shed, everything just shoved in there, but Im getting close, very close.

All my grow gear (except 1 tent and nutes at Js) is home. Fuck I love that.

I really had no idea I had so much....till its all in front of me. Somehow Ive ended up with two full size tents, a clone tent, a small veg tent, 4 x inlines, and 2 x 6 inch extraction fans, a grow tray, grow bags, 2 controllers, perlite, pumps, lines, ducting , and 7 lights. Theres a heap of small stuff too. Actually surprised me.

Dont tell the wife.

I still really need a sparky to finish shed but it will come. Ill pinch hit with an external lead for now.

Getting exciting. I just hope I can make some magic.

I want 3 good plants at home in tents on rotation, I think I can make 3 at a time shine. That will be the aim.

Ok so it was a big day.

Got my panel walls up, which is enough for now. Its near midnight but they are upright. Really was a two man job, but I made it work. The 3 photo girls will stay in the little tent with the ts1000.

If I have time tomorrow Ill get big tent up, set up, try and run the autos to harvest, then put the photos girls into flower, because Im dying to start a couple new ones.

Have to tidy shed, everything just shoved in there, but Im getting close, very close.

All my grow gear (except 1 tent and nutes at Js) is home. Fuck I love that.

I really had no idea I had so much....till its all in front of me. Somehow Ive ended up with two full size tents, a clone tent, a small veg tent, 4 x inlines, and 2 x 6 inch extraction fans, a grow tray, grow bags, 2 controllers, perlite, pumps, lines, ducting , and 7 lights. Theres a heap of small stuff too. Actually surprised me.

Dont tell the wife.

I still really need a sparky to finish shed but it will come. Ill pinch hit with an external lead for now.

Getting exciting. I just hope I can make some magic.

I want 3 good plants at home in tents on rotation, I think I can make 3 at a time shine. That will be the aim.
Three sounds good.
Get sparky in there to finish. :thumb:
Rock and Roll.:yahoo:

Stay safe

Righto, so I got most of the shed done. Enough for now.

Spent a bit of time with the photo girls.

Trimmed up any fans blocking budsites that couldn't be tucked.

Tori (White Widow) is a hot mess of bud sites, so she got a re-pot to match her siblings, Mycos, and a feed.

Theres some yellowing on the older fans on the edge, hopefully it helps. Shes never really prayed like her sisters, since she was tiny.

But shes tight, low, and full of potential. Im kind of in love with her. With enough veg time she might yet be a stunner.

Backed the light off a bit. Put the dehumidifier in to get some consistency.

Shirley (Zkittlez) is still the star, shes the most even and vigorous. Ive taken two cuts now for clones, I really do love what shes had to offer so far.

Even under trying times she just wants to grow.

Annie (Zkittlez) was meant to go before the floods came. Shes ok, still not topped, and got a real dose of light burn in the clone tent before they got moved.

Ill send her out this week if my mate still wants her, as an outdoor girl with a long veg she will end up solid Im sure.

The auto girls are around mid flower, not exciting. To be fair theyve had the biggest challenges put in front of them, and they look like it.

If I can get the big tent up this week Ill give them a couple weeks till the end to finish in steady temps and consistent light.

They have that outdoors look to them, sparse, airy, though they might go good yet with some help.

Im sorry I didnt get pics, its just been foot to floor trying to get things done.

My best growing is just ahead of me, turf these freeloaders out that Im tip toeing around and some good things will happen.

Ok pics.

Autos
20221024_062730.jpg
20221024_062733.jpg
20221024_062751.jpg

Tent girls
20221024_063846.jpg
20221024_064057.jpg
20221024_064100.jpg
20221024_064103.jpg

Honestly they arent great shots, hard to tell whats going on a bit, and that Mars light never looks the same. They are much more green and less yellow looking.
Oh and then there were pics. :rofl:
Girls look great my friend.
Hope your weekend went well.

Stay safe

Wowee. Finally got an hour or two in the shed.

Temps seem to be tending toward the high end at 28 to 31C at times. Ive tried adjusting the light intensity but it makes little difference.

Might need to draw some airflow in from the oustside while I wait to set up an A/C, which once power is available can be used in the grow box where the tents will be housed.

Panels are 100 mm (4 inch) thick up from the original 75 I had ordered.

The supply company, who was paid in full, and assured me had put aside my new panels, decided they wanted to charge a small storage fee (fair) and pass on a price increase.

I refused to one $1 extra for supply on principle, as they were paid in cash upfront when I ordered a bit over 18 months ago.

Long story short, a guy I deal with in second hand materials quite regularly gave me a good price on 6 used panels when I went to buy some other items.

Not ideal measurements but good enough to get me out of trouble at about a tenth of the cost. Ill definitely do a couple runs and harvests in the current box.

Ill shop the city for a good deal for a permanent fixture, and repurpose those thicker ones at a later date.

So canna. Annie leaves tomorrow, all going to plan, to her new home.

The clones that seem to be languishing got put into plugs after a cloning agent added. Hopefully everything goes well.

Theres a million ways, but I just went with my wheelhouse. If its a fail, Ill accept it.

Will put them in a proper opaque housing tomorrow and cross fingers. Better the not needed ones fail than the next lot.

I think Ill grow 2 strains a couple times using a veg plant as a donor for the next run, and one ever changing making a perpetual run of three with staggering flower. It seems solid in my head at least.

Example
Seed WC--->Veg WC---->clone--->Flower

Seed WZ-->Veg WZ--->clone--->Flower

Clone WC->veg to last 3 weeks of WC ---->Flower

While 3rd is seed, veg, flower.

Ill need 2 flower tents and one veg tent, and one seedling/clone tent.

Jay has room for extras.

Thankfully @Trala Had me think about how you turn 30 day vegging with a 70 flower day perpetual and I think 2 tents for flower is the key.

At least you need twice as much flower space as vegging. That much is clear.

Ill figure it out on spreadsheet to be sure.

That should also make my genetic stock go a bit longer than it otherwise would, and help out with any non starters.

While good minds are here, has anyone done successive topping? Like not on a mother, just a vegging plant?

Wowee. Finally got an hour or two in the shed.

Temps seem to be tending toward the high end at 28 to 31C at times. Ive tried adjusting the light intensity but it makes little difference.

Might need to draw some airflow in from the oustside while I wait to set up an A/C, which once power is available can be used in the grow box where the tents will be housed.

Panels are 100 mm (4 inch) thick up from the original 75 I had ordered.

The supply company, who was paid in full, and assured me had put aside my new panels, decided they wanted to charge a small storage fee (fair) and pass on a price increase.

I refused to one $1 extra for supply on principle, as they were paid in cash upfront when I ordered a bit over 18 months ago.

Long story short, a guy I deal with in second hand materials quite regularly gave me a good price on 6 used panels when I went to buy some other items.

Not ideal measurements but good enough to get me out of trouble at about a tenth of the cost. Ill definitely do a couple runs and harvests in the current box.

Ill shop the city for a good deal for a permanent fixture, and repurpose those thicker ones at a later date.

So canna. Annie leaves tomorrow, all going to plan, to her new home.

The clones that seem to be languishing got put into plugs after a cloning agent added. Hopefully everything goes well.

Theres a million ways, but I just went with my wheelhouse. If its a fail, Ill accept it.

Will put them in a proper opaque housing tomorrow and cross fingers. Better the not needed ones fail than the next lot.

I think Ill grow 2 strains a couple times using a veg plant as a donor for the next run, and one ever changing making a perpetual run of three with staggering flower. It seems solid in my head at least.

Example
Seed WC--->Veg WC---->clone--->Flower

Seed WZ-->Veg WZ--->clone--->Flower

Clone WC->veg to last 3 weeks of WC ---->Flower

While 3rd is seed, veg, flower.

Ill need 2 flower tents and one veg tent, and one seedling/clone tent.

Jay has room for extras.

Thankfully @Trala Had me think about how you turn 30 day vegging with a 70 flower day perpetual and I think 2 tents for flower is the key.

At least you need twice as much flower space as vegging. That much is clear.

Ill figure it out on spreadsheet to be sure.

That should also make my genetic stock go a bit longer than it otherwise would, and help out with any non starters.

While good minds are here, has anyone done successive topping? Like not on a mother, just a vegging plant?
Hey mate how’s it going?

I’ve topped, topped and topped again. If you’re happy with the extra veg time can be done.

I’ve tried doing the lower branches and getting them level with the top. Can get successful double growths but buds are never as big/dense as the others. Small amount more per grow though

Hey mate how’s it going?
Good and getting better mate.
I’ve topped, topped and topped again. If you’re happy with the extra veg time can be done.
Great.
I’ve tried doing the lower branches and getting them level with the top.
This is exactly what I was thinking about.
Can get successful double growths but buds are never as big/dense as the others. Small amount more per grow though
This is exactly what I wanted to know.

Ive always been curious about clones from the bottom, vs the top. I cant remember who it was that first said the lowers are a good option as they yield f.a. but can be grown out as reasonable clones back in the day.

In some ways I have nothing but time, and theres so many grow experiences I want to use unwanted material for.

Using a lower top is win win, even if they dont make the best clones, just good enough to run experiments on.

Big help mate.

Annie was adopted out this afternoon.

I swear she looked a good 40% better this morning, maybe she could sense her destiny was to be a wild a free outdoor girl.

My mate was super happy, his old boy grows a few monsters, so to get a 40 day girl to run to an April harvest had him grinning.

Not sure if she will get confused and try flowering and then reveg. Like a free experiment. Im super interested to see how it plays out though.

Now with a bit of free room Ill put some time (say 21 day) on Shirley (Zkittlez) and Tori (WhiteWidow), and think about which Barneys to start this week.

I have a bunch, so if youve got a favourite throw up a suggestion.

Then Ill get set for the next adventure now the clone/seedling tent and lighting are free and temps are in primo range (12/mid 20s C), and these girls will help me dial in the new flower setup.

Well this has been a bit of a never ending story.

The claim that Im indecisive could be levelled at me for sure.

Heres today.
Added timers. Two more to add.

Got 6 inch extraction scrubber around right way (you had one job DV8 lol! Theres even a fucking arrow lmao).
Should help the smell.

Set up in tent board for flower tent
(currently Chrissy). Has a temp controlled power outlet, that you can set high and low temps for appliance to kick in.
For summer it will be AC, winter probably heat bar. Still looking for good AC.

Has 4 plug circut breaker board, channeling for cords, and support bar to attach to tent. Rerouted and secured power cable at rear.

Put inline 4 inch to draw new air in.

Watered all 3 girls. Im so lost I dont know when they last got feed. Cleaned flower room to near spotless. Wiped and cleaned veg tent, definitely needs a further tidy.

Put up whiteboard and got work station for laptop.

Made input aux board to be mounted between tents. Has powerboard with inbuilt light for illumination, and mounted temp controlled dual fan controller. Again once everything its settled and temps tracked Ill turn it on.

Power consumption measured. Its actually not as bad as I though it might be, Im under budget by around 40% so far with most everything running, which means I should be under target.

Things left to do. Secure ducting. Make veg tent board. Get AC. Remount dimmer switch on 200W flower board ( its custom built). Make overhead mount for extraction unit X 2. Mount doorway & acoustic panels to room. Get clone/seedling tent ready to use (needs a strip down, clean, and set up)

Fairly close, I keep fiddling with settings, cords, and tent orientation which have slowed things down, as well as picking up a bunch of materials to line shed, build more mezzanine, and a small "clean" area for paperwork, eating etc.

By this time next week I hope its properly set up, for now its all functional waiting for finishing touches.

Im sure the girls havent loved it, and hoping I can make them a little more comfortable so they can do their thing.

The next lot will definitely benefit.

Back
Top Bottom