Mushroom Memoirs

JoetheChro

Hello everyone hope this finds you well.

Been taking some time for family and myself so haven’t been on 420 since March. Glad to be back and over the moon happy that there’s now a Shroom Section 🫶

Not currently growing anything but that’s on the horizon, I do however have anecdotal evidence of past shroom grows hence the title Mushroom Memoirs.

First time I’d ever seen a magic mushrooms was when one of these bad boys started showing pins (was always too scared to do them when I was younger)

This was from my first flush, waiting for the veil to open (or just before) is something I’ve come to learn through experience and repetition, think it may have eluded me a bit here.

However. Went in fresh, no sitter. Just had loads of fun. The blue sky and clouds were mixing and rolling like a pint of Guinness. Brilliant first trip

Can see the difference between fresh and dried.

If I’m honest, I prefer the buzz from fresh mushrooms over dried. Have to eat more though. PB n J sandwiches are a great way to mask that earthy flavour.

What’s everyone’s preference?

We used to pick them when I lived in Puerto Rico. I agree fresh shrooms are better than dried ones. We used to dip them in mustard to mask the taste. Good times...
Lol. I really like the sound of that. Never heard of it but wow beats PB n J 😂🫶

Learned the mustard trick when I first started growing shroomz in college.
I’m getting vegetarian hotdog vibes 🌭 massive fresh shroom between a roll with onions, mustard and relish 🤌 they’re selling worse out there 🤷‍♂️ 🫶

If I’m honest, I prefer the buzz from fresh mushrooms over dried. Have to eat more though. PB n J sandwiches are a great way to mask that earthy flavour.

I like to make magic honey with fresh scrooms but it takes a couple of months before it’s ready. Just put several heaping tablespoons in your hot tea 🫖 or coffee ☕️ and it’s follow the yellow brick road time and happy trails cowboy. Lmao CL🍀

Do you know how to make it? It’s really ez. CL🍀
I make garlic honey for health benefits, it takes a long time to ferment. Put the garlic cloves in a jar with honey and leave it for a few weeks (months are even better), turning the jar up and down a couple times a week to "stir" it up. I put them in the pantry in the dark. Would this be the same with the shrooms? Do tell!
🍄

I make garlic honey for health benefits, it takes a long time to ferment. Put the garlic cloves in a jar with honey and leave it for a few weeks (months are even better), turning the jar up and down a couple times a week to "stir" it up. I put them in the pantry in the dark. Would this be the same with the shrooms? Do tell!
🍄
What I do is wash and let dry the scrooms and you have to use Organic honey which you can get from any health food store. Remove some of the honey to keep from overflowing and put in a dark cabinet for a couple of months. When it turns blue it’s Magical 🧙‍♀️. You can remove the scrooms and eat them or whatever but that’s it. Enjoy your coffee ☕️ and honey 🍯. CL🍀

Fresh mushrooms are best. But, I dehydrate them when I get excess and then powder them to put into soups or sauces, or anything else you can think of. LOL
I can't wait to get these mushrooms going here!

What I do is wash and let dry the scrooms and you have to use Organic honey which you can get from any health food store. Remove some of the honey to keep from overflowing and put in a dark cabinet for a couple of months. When it turns blue it’s Magical 🧙‍♀️. You can remove the scrooms and eat them or whatever but that’s it. Enjoy your coffee ☕️ and honey 🍯. CL🍀
I have the organic honey, now I have to wait for the shrooms. 🍄
:thanks:

Fresh mushrooms are best. But, I dehydrate them when I get excess and then powder them to put into soups or sauces, or anything else you can think of. LOL
I can't wait to get these mushrooms going here!
Yeah I always used fresh scrooms so I don’t know how dry will work. But it should work as long as it’s magical. CL🍀

Beautiful fruits!!

This was my first attempt at making a tincture. I’ve done loads of extractions with weed and this was no different.

I was microdosing at the time and didn’t really mind eating a little shroom but just wanted it to look like a normal kitchen sundry that you’d find in any spice cupboard.

Mushrooms laws here in the UK are vague at best when it comes to picking liberty caps (sole magic mushroom of the UK)

You can walk along the streets with fresh ones in your pocket, be stopped by the police and it’s not a problem, although they will probably confiscate them.

Likewise if in nature, able to pick them and eat them at will

But if you have them in any sort of storage or are caught drying them then they become a Class A drug right up there with crack and heroin 🤷‍♂️

So not exactly fun when all flushes are finished and you may have 500g of dried shrooms. That’s big jail time 😂

They were perfectly legal here until 2005 as long as they were sold fresh and not dried. I think the Netherlands still has this practice

Anyway. Back to the tincture. That pic was taken around 20 minutes after I first added them to the vodka after a brief simmer in boiling water. Think if it’s blue psilocybin will ensue 👍🫶

Used 20g dried into just under a pint of strong vodka. Left it for a month with extreme agitation everyday.

On its own, was not particularly nice. That earthy taste managed to penetrate the vodka. A few drops on the tongue with a dropper and I was wincing.

Think I worked out the dosage to 0.5ml>0.66grams. Might be wrong. I have notes and more pictures i can’t find

So 1.5 ml and it was a nice noticeable dose.

Then we had a party one night and used the tincture liberally in cocktails.

Was one of the best nights of my life. Cannot describe the buzz. Just felt tribal. Was brilliant.

Particularly liked the honey idea (as soon as you said blue CL I knew it was a winner) 🤘

Back
Top Bottom