The Beauty Of The Changing Seasons

Not only are the colors beautiful right now, but the Wildlife is as well.
A nice Buck as I looked out my back door.

Autumn Buck.jpg

Not only are the colors beautiful right now, but the Wildlife is as well. A nice Buck as I looked out my back door.
Autumn Buck.jpg

Around here that's a baby :rofl: still looks good though.
Really had to look for the horns
Hunter or just photographer?

Around here that's a baby :rofl: still looks good though.
Really had to look for the horns
Hunter or just photographer?
It's a small 6 point buck here too. I've a much closer headshot with the horns, but it's in front of the pond and there were no colors around him. I'm waiting for that thirty two pointer to pass through so I can really fill the freezer AND the wall. Photography is my love, but I love to eat too. :rofl:

6 pt. Buck.jpg

During the spring of this year I gave myself an assignment of capturing birds in flight. This is a Titmouse. (yep, that's what it is named. :rofl: )

Titmouse in flight.jpg
Cool :thumb: All I got are moths❤️ Did you do much photo shop on that pic or is it as is
IMG_3769 (2).JPG

Hummingbird Hawk Moth

Cool :thumb: All I got are moths❤️ Did you do much photo shop on that pic or is it as is
IMG_3769 (2).JPG

Hummingbird Hawk Moth
I can never get a clear enough shot of those beautiful moths. They will land on my fingers. Lol nice shot!
On the bird question. I had to use very fast shutter speeds, which meant high ISO for enough light, which created mucho grain ( they call it noise now). So, I denoised which created a softened look, and adjusted color a little.

Oh what a joy to pop in here inbetween dealing with all the nonsense. :thanks:

For what it's worth, Mrs.T was a professional photographer for many years. She's well impressed. :)

A pic of the 2nd crop of lettuce before the freeze (snow :eek: next week)
Blue tie dye petunia, some love lies bleeding. Watermelons ripe? hope so picking next couple days. Green house filled with firewood

IMG_5018.JPG

IMG_5019.JPG

IMG_5026.JPG

IMG_5024.JPG

IMG_5021.JPG

IMG_5020.JPG

IMG_5029.JPG

Oh I do not miss burning wood for heat! It was so much work for me.
Those Love lies are interesting. I've never heard of them. Beautiful color.
"Lettuce" get prepared for winter, eh? :p
Amaranthus love lies bleeding they can get big also are edible. The tails are the blooms & filled with seed
IMG_5023.JPG

What kind of climate are you in? I'm going to look those up. Do they have a nice rooting system? I need good wide rooted plants for around the pond to help keep erosion at a minimum. Honeysuckle is helping a bunch.
Zone 2b 30 + in summer -30 +in the winter (winter hash) The plant is an annual gobble gobble . They do come up by them self's, but conditions have to be just right. They start out tall & skinny will damp off easy if to wet
Cat tails or willows near the pond

Yeah, I'm in zone 6 near a lake. I don't want the cat tails or the willows because it obstructs my view of the pond from my back deck. I get a lot of wildlife around and on it. Next year I have some ideas for lower foliage, but right now the honeysuckle is helping a lot. The danged water rats (Muskrats) are the biggest culprits for erosion from the burrows they keep digging in the banks. I have a family of Raccoons living in a large bank hole right now.

Back
Top Bottom