Lady Cannafan Shrooming Midwest Grow Kits & Spore Genetics - APE, Blue Meanie & More

I am diving into the unknown, with Mushroom Growing!
This is a never attempted endeavor for me, and I am very excited!
A huge THANK YOU to our sponsors @Midwest Grow Kits and @Spore Genetics !

I have been fascinated with Mushrooms since I was old enough to forage in the woods with my Dad and Uncles. They are everywhere and beautiful, and have many wondrous benefits to us.
Please bear with me as I set out on this new journey, and feel free to post questions, comments or just say hello. I will try my best to answer questions, if I don't have the answer I will try to find it, or one of our fantastic members of 420 Magazine can answer it.

This grow will be featuring Midwest Grow Kits and Spore Genetics. I will be using the Midwest Grow Kit Ecosphere 3.0 (green house), and the Mega Mushroom Growing and Incubator Kit.
I will be doing different things, involving substrate jars, bulk bags, and Fruiting Chamber Tubs all provided by Midwest Grow Kits.

Photos will be provided at the end of this post.

The Spore Genetics I will be using are mushroom spore syringes. They are as follows:
Click on the Species title to see a photo at Spore Genetics.

* Albino Penis Envy ( APE)
Legend has it that Albino Penis Envy (APE) mushrooms are even more potent than their predecessor, PE. APE is one of many hybrid variations of the Psilocybe Cubensis species. One of their distinct traits is being almost colorless, hence the Albino. APEs offer some of the most mesmerizing features; lacking the golden color commonly observed in other varieties, the caps of APE mushroom are white with bluish tones, which turn to a beautiful silver blue when dry. Most PE and variations of PE are known for longer colonization times, and a slow fruiting pace. But you’ll forget about the wait once you see these visually unique and stunning fruits that result from your APE spores. Rare and difficult to observe, APE is popular among those entheogen users who can get it. While most mushrooms either give you strong visuals or take you on a deeply introspective journey, Albino Penis Envy gives you both. It’s definitely not for everyone! You can study this unique specimen with our APE spore syringe.

* Blue Meanie Cubensis (Cube)
The Blue Meanie is a renowned strain of cubensis mushroom that dates back to the late 1980s. However, it is important not to mistake it for Panaeolus Cyanescens, which is also often referred to as Blue Meanie. The name originates from the distinct bluish hue that can be observed on the flesh of these psychedelic fungi, adding to their allure.
Blue Meanie cubensis spores are sought after by the microscopy community because of the mushroom’s general hardiness and potent psychedelic trip characteristics.
The name Blue Meanie comes from the properties of this mushroom fungi strain in the wild. As a psilocybin mushroom, the mature fruiting body contains a potent amount of the psychedelic compound in its flesh. Like most mushroom types, when bruised, they will display a colorful bruising – in this case, of course, it’s blue.

* Tidal Wave
The Tidal Wave mushroom is a Psilocybe cubensis hybrid created by combining the powerful and distinctive Penis Envy with the adaptable and energetic B+ strain. Hybrids are generally developed to merge the best features of each parent, resulting in a superior version.
Analogous to a family tree's maternal and paternal lineages, mushrooms carry genetic heritage from both parent strains. The B+ side passes down genes from Psilocybe cubensis and Psilocybe azurescens, while the Penis Envy side contributes genes from the colossal Amazonian strain.
This genetic ancestry undeniably contributes to the Tidal Wave mushroom's impressive potency, which is among the highest at over 2% psilocybin.
Creating magic mushroom hybrids allows for the rectification of undesirable inherited traits. In the case of the Tidal Wave, the B+ lineage offers plentiful specimens and simpler research, while the unrivaled potency and appearance of Penis Envy add a distinctive aspect to the experience.
In the magic mushroom realm, it is well-established that the thick, phallic-shaped caps of Penis Envy mushrooms frequently remain closed and do not release spores, making research and observation more difficult. To guarantee easier and more fruitful research, the "easy research" genetics of the B+ cubensis were integrated. Thankfully, the hybridization process proved successful, and Tidal Wave mushroom strain spores are now abundant.
The in-vitro bubble enhances the ecosystem and isolates the desired traits of each specimen. Merging the genetic blueprints from various species unlocks boundless possibilities for exploration.
The expanding Tidal Wave community is undeniably dedicated to the study of magic mushrooms, with passionate myco-engineers nurturing a variety of Tidal Wave strains. These range from conventional cubensis classifications to robust-stemmed, Penis Envy-like specimens boasting slightly bigger caps.
As enthusiasm for magic mushroom research soars, Tidal Wave spores are being shared worldwide. Myco-engineers are investigating the potential to develop a stable variety that can generate sufficient spores for easy capturing and distribution.
Although neither B+ nor Penis Envy are particularly fast-growing, the interbreeding of these traits has led to the Tidal Wave mushroom strain becoming the ultimate chameleon. From beginning to end, the strain is a versatile and immensely potent force.
Indeed, crossbreeding has played a role in creating a more efficient strain. Where the thick bulbous cap of Penis Envy once occasionally opened, the B+ now yields receptive fruit bodies that readily release spores, streamlining microscopic research.

In the same way a tidal wave rapidly gains momentum, the Tidal Wave mushroom is quickly capturing the interest and admiration of both mycologists and researchers.

* Panaeolus Cyanescens Estero

The unassuming appearance of Panaeolus Cyanescens Estero belies its potency as one of the most powerful Psilocybin-containing mushrooms known. With its small-to-medium size and brown-to-white coloration, this species is highly sought after by those in the know. Panaeolus mushrooms are widespread and can be found in tropical and temperate regions around the world, making them a common sight for foragers. However, this variety, with its 2-3 times higher concentration of Psilocybin than other species like Psilocybe Cubensis, can be easily overlooked by those unfamiliar with it.

In the wild, Panaeolus Cyanescens tend to be light grey or off-white, with caps that start out light brown before fading to a pale grey. Their gills are black or grey with a spotty appearance caused by the way the pan cyan estero spores ripen in tiny patches on the gill surface. The stem is small and covered in a fine white powder, and when damaged, the mushrooms turn blue or greenish. Blue Meanies are typically found growing on cattle or horse dung in pastures and grass fields and are known to occur in tropical and sub-tropical regions year-round. In the United States, they are found along the Gulf Coast and in Florida, where they fruit virtually year-round on cow pies.

These mushrooms are believed to have been introduced to Hawaii in the early 1800s with the importation of cattle from the Philippines and can now be found throughout the tropical and subtropical regions of the Northern and Southern Hemispheres. They are commonly found in countries such as Mexico, South America, Australia, India, Southeast Asia, South Africa, France, and Italy. Despite their unassuming appearance, Panaeolus Cyanescens Estero and its Blue Meanies variety are a powerful and widespread species sought after by mushroom enthusiasts around the world.

I also have the Lion's Mane Mushroom Kit from
Midwest Grow Kits ready to grow gourmet mushrooms.

Here are some photos of things set up so far. I am going to try to inoculate jars and bags today. Follow along and wish me luck!

Spore Genetics Syringes etc.jpg

Let the fun begin!
I inoculated 12 jars today, 3 of each species, using the oven method described in the guide received with the kits. There are also how-to video guides available online once a purchase is made from Midwest Grow Kits. Those are really helpful!

I had a problem with one of the substrate jars, there was one hole in the lid that wasn't punched through. I couldn't inject any spores into it, so there are only three areas that have liquid in that jar. (there are 4 holes in the lids for the needle)

I made sure the area was sanitized, all fans and furnace off and I used a face mask with sterile gloves. I used a kitchen butane torch, it's all I had available. The small lighter was impossible to start with those gloves on, and I didn't want them melting onto my finger. :lot-o-toke:
The syringes need to be shaken up very well for a couple minutes because the spores tend to gather all in one place in the syringe when they've been stored. There's a pic below on that, and also the tray with supplies on the oven rack.
The jars are now in the greenhouse, and the waiting begins.

NOW.....don't do what I did! On that very first syringe, trying to pull the protective cap off the needle, I slipped and poked myself in the finger. Lotsa blood. I cleaned everything up and went back to work....much more careful this time.
It's good there was no liquid into the needle yet, or I would have magic mushroom blood. :rofl:

Let the fun begin!
I inoculated 12 jars today, 3 of each species, using the oven method described in the guide received with the kits. There are also how-to video guides available online once a purchase is made from Midwest Grow Kits. Those are really helpful!

I had a problem with one of the substrate jars, there was one hole in the lid that wasn't punched through. I couldn't inject any spores into it, so there are only three areas that have liquid in that jar. (there are 4 holes in the lids for the needle)

I made sure the area was sanitized, all fans and furnace off and I used a face mask with sterile gloves. I used a kitchen butane torch, it's all I had available. The small lighter was impossible to start with those gloves on, and I didn't want them melting onto my finger. :lot-o-toke:
The syringes need to be shaken up very well for a couple minutes because the spores tend to gather all in one place in the syringe when they've been stored. There's a pic below on that, and also the tray with supplies on the oven rack.
The jars are now in the greenhouse, and the waiting begins.

NOW.....don't do what I did! On that very first syringe, trying to pull the protective cap off the needle, I slipped and poked myself in the finger. Lotsa blood. I cleaned everything up and went back to work....much more careful this time.
It's good there was no liquid into the needle yet, or I would have magic mushroom blood. :rofl:

Good luck 🤞

The inoculated jars are in the green house with temperature set at 77 degrees F.
I was worried at first, when discussing whether to do this, that I would not be able to keep it warm enough in my house for the shrooms to grow. (We're approaching very cold temps soon) With the help of the convection climate control and digital temperature controller/thermostat provided with the Ecosphere 3.0 kit, I have no worries about maintaining enough warmth. There is also a humidity unit that comes with the kit. Problem solved! 🍄🍄

Tomorrow I will be inoculating two of the Myco Labs All-In-One Grow Bags from Midwest Grow Kits.
I will try to get photos of the process when I inject. I just have to decide which strains to go with of the four I have.
:cheer:

I am diving into the unknown, with Mushroom Growing!
This is a never attempted endeavor for me, and I am very excited!
A huge THANK YOU to our sponsors @Midwest Grow Kits and @Spore Genetics !

I have been fascinated with Mushrooms since I was old enough to forage in the woods with my Dad and Uncles. They are everywhere and beautiful, and have many wondrous benefits to us.
Please bear with me as I set out on this new journey, and feel free to post questions, comments or just say hello. I will try my best to answer questions, if I don't have the answer I will try to find it, or one of our fantastic members of 420 Magazine can answer it.

This grow will be featuring Midwest Grow Kits and Spore Genetics. I will be using the Midwest Grow Kit Ecosphere 3.0 (green house), and the Mega Mushroom Growing and Incubator Kit.
I will be doing different things, involving substrate jars, bulk bags, and Fruiting Chamber Tubs all provided by Midwest Grow Kits.

Photos will be provided at the end of this post.

The Spore Genetics I will be using are mushroom spore syringes. They are as follows:
Click on the Species title to see a photo at Spore Genetics.

* Albino Penis Envy ( APE)
Legend has it that Albino Penis Envy (APE) mushrooms are even more potent than their predecessor, PE. APE is one of many hybrid variations of the Psilocybe Cubensis species. One of their distinct traits is being almost colorless, hence the Albino. APEs offer some of the most mesmerizing features; lacking the golden color commonly observed in other varieties, the caps of APE mushroom are white with bluish tones, which turn to a beautiful silver blue when dry. Most PE and variations of PE are known for longer colonization times, and a slow fruiting pace. But you’ll forget about the wait once you see these visually unique and stunning fruits that result from your APE spores. Rare and difficult to observe, APE is popular among those entheogen users who can get it. While most mushrooms either give you strong visuals or take you on a deeply introspective journey, Albino Penis Envy gives you both. It’s definitely not for everyone! You can study this unique specimen with our APE spore syringe.

* Blue Meanie Cubensis (Cube)
The Blue Meanie is a renowned strain of cubensis mushroom that dates back to the late 1980s. However, it is important not to mistake it for Panaeolus Cyanescens, which is also often referred to as Blue Meanie. The name originates from the distinct bluish hue that can be observed on the flesh of these psychedelic fungi, adding to their allure.
Blue Meanie cubensis spores are sought after by the microscopy community because of the mushroom’s general hardiness and potent psychedelic trip characteristics.
The name Blue Meanie comes from the properties of this mushroom fungi strain in the wild. As a psilocybin mushroom, the mature fruiting body contains a potent amount of the psychedelic compound in its flesh. Like most mushroom types, when bruised, they will display a colorful bruising – in this case, of course, it’s blue.

* Tidal Wave
The Tidal Wave mushroom is a Psilocybe cubensis hybrid created by combining the powerful and distinctive Penis Envy with the adaptable and energetic B+ strain. Hybrids are generally developed to merge the best features of each parent, resulting in a superior version.
Analogous to a family tree's maternal and paternal lineages, mushrooms carry genetic heritage from both parent strains. The B+ side passes down genes from Psilocybe cubensis and Psilocybe azurescens, while the Penis Envy side contributes genes from the colossal Amazonian strain.
This genetic ancestry undeniably contributes to the Tidal Wave mushroom's impressive potency, which is among the highest at over 2% psilocybin.
Creating magic mushroom hybrids allows for the rectification of undesirable inherited traits. In the case of the Tidal Wave, the B+ lineage offers plentiful specimens and simpler research, while the unrivaled potency and appearance of Penis Envy add a distinctive aspect to the experience.
In the magic mushroom realm, it is well-established that the thick, phallic-shaped caps of Penis Envy mushrooms frequently remain closed and do not release spores, making research and observation more difficult. To guarantee easier and more fruitful research, the "easy research" genetics of the B+ cubensis were integrated. Thankfully, the hybridization process proved successful, and Tidal Wave mushroom strain spores are now abundant.
The in-vitro bubble enhances the ecosystem and isolates the desired traits of each specimen. Merging the genetic blueprints from various species unlocks boundless possibilities for exploration.
The expanding Tidal Wave community is undeniably dedicated to the study of magic mushrooms, with passionate myco-engineers nurturing a variety of Tidal Wave strains. These range from conventional cubensis classifications to robust-stemmed, Penis Envy-like specimens boasting slightly bigger caps.
As enthusiasm for magic mushroom research soars, Tidal Wave spores are being shared worldwide. Myco-engineers are investigating the potential to develop a stable variety that can generate sufficient spores for easy capturing and distribution.
Although neither B+ nor Penis Envy are particularly fast-growing, the interbreeding of these traits has led to the Tidal Wave mushroom strain becoming the ultimate chameleon. From beginning to end, the strain is a versatile and immensely potent force.
Indeed, crossbreeding has played a role in creating a more efficient strain. Where the thick bulbous cap of Penis Envy once occasionally opened, the B+ now yields receptive fruit bodies that readily release spores, streamlining microscopic research.

In the same way a tidal wave rapidly gains momentum, the Tidal Wave mushroom is quickly capturing the interest and admiration of both mycologists and researchers.

* Panaeolus Cyanescens Estero

The unassuming appearance of Panaeolus Cyanescens Estero belies its potency as one of the most powerful Psilocybin-containing mushrooms known. With its small-to-medium size and brown-to-white coloration, this species is highly sought after by those in the know. Panaeolus mushrooms are widespread and can be found in tropical and temperate regions around the world, making them a common sight for foragers. However, this variety, with its 2-3 times higher concentration of Psilocybin than other species like Psilocybe Cubensis, can be easily overlooked by those unfamiliar with it.

In the wild, Panaeolus Cyanescens tend to be light grey or off-white, with caps that start out light brown before fading to a pale grey. Their gills are black or grey with a spotty appearance caused by the way the pan cyan estero spores ripen in tiny patches on the gill surface. The stem is small and covered in a fine white powder, and when damaged, the mushrooms turn blue or greenish. Blue Meanies are typically found growing on cattle or horse dung in pastures and grass fields and are known to occur in tropical and sub-tropical regions year-round. In the United States, they are found along the Gulf Coast and in Florida, where they fruit virtually year-round on cow pies.

These mushrooms are believed to have been introduced to Hawaii in the early 1800s with the importation of cattle from the Philippines and can now be found throughout the tropical and subtropical regions of the Northern and Southern Hemispheres. They are commonly found in countries such as Mexico, South America, Australia, India, Southeast Asia, South Africa, France, and Italy. Despite their unassuming appearance, Panaeolus Cyanescens Estero and its Blue Meanies variety are a powerful and widespread species sought after by mushroom enthusiasts around the world.

I also have the Lion's Mane Mushroom Kit from
Midwest Grow Kits ready to grow gourmet mushrooms.

Here are some photos of things set up so far. I am going to try to inoculate jars and bags today. Follow along and wish me luck!

:popcorn: CL🍀

The inoculated jars are in the green house with temperature set at 77 degrees F.
I was worried at first, when discussing whether to do this, that I would not be able to keep it warm enough in my house for the shrooms to grow. (We're approaching very cold temps soon) With the help of the convection climate control and digital temperature controller/thermostat provided with the Ecosphere 3.0 kit, I have no worries about maintaining enough warmth. There is also a humidity unit that comes with the kit. Problem solved! 🍄🍄

Tomorrow I will be inoculating two of the Myco Labs All-In-One Grow Bags from Midwest Grow Kits.
I will try to get photos of the process when I inject. I just have to decide which strains to go with of the four I have.
:cheer:
That ecosphere is a game changer.

I’ve used heat mats through the winter and early spring and had very varied results from no shrooms, to a few pins, to very lanky and not as potent.

But that there is a good move, will definitely be investing in one of those for next grow

This morning I decided to get the Myco Labs Lion's Mane Mushroom Kit going first.

Lion's Mane mushroom and its extract have been shown to have various health benefits. Research has found that Lion's Mane may protect against dementia, reduce mild symptoms of anxiety and depression, and help repair nerve damage.

These do have a shelf life, so I needed to get them going. I'm trying to find where I read what that shelf life is, but it seems it said 4-6 weeks. I could be wrong on that, when I find it I'll post that.

First, cut a square hole (package says 1 inch x 2 inch) on any side of the box. I cut mine a little bigger.

Then put the grow bag into the box and cut a flap inside the window you cut.

Here's where questions came in. The instructions say to remove the kit from the "white box" . The box is only white on the inside. Then mist the inside and outside of the box so it's fairly damp. Then repeat once or twice daily.
Well, the outside of the box is shiny, and doesn't soak up water too well. I'm curious on how this box will hold up while those mushrooms are fruiting and dampness has to be present. There is a 2nd option using a tote, so if that box doesn't hold up between flushes, I many have to adjust the method.
The other thing was that it wasn't clear whether to cut the top of the box off. There is one photo on the instructions that shows the top cut off, so I assume that's what to do to allow light. This will need to have about 12 hours of light per day, and should have signs of shrooms in 7-10 days.

It's now time to set up the LED light string supplied with the Ecosphere 3.0, and the timer.
So much to do! :lot-o-toke:🍄

I finally got to the All-In-Grow Bags this morning. The guide suggested storing them in the refrigerator if you won't be using them within the first couple of weeks to prolong the shelf life. They do have a 4-6 week shelf life. I let them come to room temperature before I proceeded.

I used the oven method, sterilized everything and did the same process with the syringes and lighter.
These bags have a small insert at the bottom where the needle goes in to inject. I found it pretty darned easy.
I chose the Blue Meanie, and Tidal Wave spores because that's what I had the most left of.
The bags were put into the Ecosphere 3.0. Now...we wait, and hope I did everything correctly.

Ya know what? I didn't even poke myself this time! :rofl: :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom