Spore Genetics Discussion Thread - Psilocybe Cubensis Spores & Cultures

Yes, we do! Check out our Gourmet Liquid Cultures!
Thank you! I am looking forward to purchasing some home-grown Bellas. And maybe, other shrooms. I had a bad trip once when I was 16 and a so-called friend gave me a joint that I didn't know was laced with Angel Dust. He thought it was hilarious. But now that I look back, I could have enjoyed the experience if he had told me upfront what it was.

@Stargazer32862 I remember the Angel Dust craze. That nasty stuff is in fact an animal tranquilizer used by veterinarians and known as PCP and has never been authorized for human use. A nasty, terrible buzz that made people that abused it become violent. Take enough of it and you're dead. I wouldn't call someone who pulled a trick like that a friend.

You'll find that the liquid cultures will take off and grow faster. The difference between liquid cultures and spore syringes is the culture contains a nutrient solution that has been inoculated with dikaryotic mycelium and is ready to grow into your medium and fruit. Spores have to find another spore to mate with so it takes longer.
When a spore germinates, it grow out as a monokaryotic mycelium. When it encounters another monokaryotic mycelium it exchanges genes and they merge to form a dikaryotic mycelium (dm). It is from dm that the mushrooms pin and mature from, eventually dropping spores and starting the whole cycle over again.

Hey, welcome, and thank you for your support!

I love culturing fungi as much as I love growing cannabis. It's an excellent science teacher and develops your mind before even consuming any. There have been some very innovative and accomplished members here already who really impress me with their cultures.

I've only been working with my own spores for a couple of years, I think, and at a low-to-medium intensity, so am still excited about all the new things. I've only completed a single cube's experiment (actually a Tidal Wave#4 'brain' wild!), but I have taken a small step back deciding to focus on petri collection and skills as a foundation. Supplies, a lack of, slows me down, so I appreciate every discount available, cheers!

Have you read about the US Treasury Secretary's sampling of Japanese hallucinogenic fungi during her recent trip? (there's a wild sentence, huh? lol.) I wonder if you know the species name... and other details?

Have you read about the US Treasury Secretary's sampling of Japanese hallucinogenic fungi during her recent trip? (there's a wild sentence, huh? lol.) I wonder if you know the species name... and other details?
Jian shou qing is what cnn says.
I searched for:
US Treasury Secretary's sampling of Japanese hallucinogenic fungi during her recent trip
and found many versions of the story.

@Stargazer32862 I remember the Angel Dust craze. That nasty stuff is in fact an animal tranquilizer used by veterinarians and known as PCP and has never been authorized for human use. A nasty, terrible buzz that made people that abused it become violent. Take enough of it and you're dead. I wouldn't call someone who pulled a trick like that a friend.

You'll find that the liquid cultures will take off and grow faster. The difference between liquid cultures and spore syringes is the culture contains a nutrient solution that has been inoculated with dikaryotic mycelium and is ready to grow into your medium and fruit. Spores have to find another spore to mate with so it takes longer.
When a spore germinates, it grow out as a monokaryotic mycelium. When it encounters another monokaryotic mycelium it exchanges genes and they merge to form a dikaryotic mycelium (dm). It is from dm that the mushrooms pin and mature from, eventually dropping spores and starting the whole cycle over again.

Really? I will definitely order be ordering. And no, he was NOT my friend. I didn't like him then. But at the time cannabis was hard to come by. And my friend and I weren't going to argue about where we got it. This happened in the late 1970s and Nixon's war on drugs was taking effect. It seemed like the supply dried up. That experience right there turned me off of hallucinogens. I know mushrooms are good for depression and I have enough of that for everybody in the world. Just very scared of a bad trip.

Late 70's was when I started growing, for the very reasons you mentioned. Mexican weed was being sprayed with Paraquat and what you could find was swag. Saved my seeds, got a copy of Mel Frank & Ed Rosenthal's Marijuana Growers Guide, some fluorescent shop lights and haven't looked back.
If you can find a friend to act as a guide that is always a good idea the first time you try shrooms. Also start with a low dose, maybe a gram or two dry weight until you learn how sensitive you are. Unless you are micro-dosing, don't trip more than every 2-4 weeks or you'll build a high tolerance and get little effect.
Here's some good trip info:
How to stop a bad psilocybin trip

Hey, welcome, and thank you for your support!

I love culturing fungi as much as I love growing cannabis. It's an excellent science teacher and develops your mind before even consuming any. There have been some very innovative and accomplished members here already who really impress me with their cultures.

I've only been working with my own spores for a couple of years, I think, and at a low-to-medium intensity, so am still excited about all the new things. I've only completed a single cube's experiment (actually a Tidal Wave#4 'brain' wild!), but I have taken a small step back deciding to focus on petri collection and skills as a foundation. Supplies, a lack of, slows me down, so I appreciate every discount available, cheers!

That’s so cool and I didn’t hear anything about it. Thanks 🙏 CL🍀. :thanks:

It was all over the City in the 80s and I knew a lot of people who died under its influence. Drowning,suicide and driving were all common causes of users. We called it Dummy Dust here and the name says it all. CL🍀. :thumb:

I bought 6 grams of mushrooms (1 gram of 6 different strains) in late 2021. The first time I tried 1/2 gram of Golden Teacher and I didn't feel anything.

The second time I tried 1 gram of Costa Rica and when I didn't feel anything after 2 hours, I took 1 gram of Vietnamese and still got nothing.

I still have 3 grams left but haven't had the motivation to try the remaining strains, i.e. Penis Envy (terrible name, IMO), Keeper's Creeper and Wollongong. I'm planning on eating them all at once but I don't want to be disappointed again.

Any suggestions?

Now that my friends is a good deal.
$85 to my door

Thanks @SG Labs 🙏 you have earned yourself a new customer and I’ll let everyone I know also.
IMG_4718.jpeg

I bought 6 grams of mushrooms (1 gram of 6 different strains) in late 2021. The first time I tried 1/2 gram of Golden Teacher and I didn't feel anything.

The second time I tried 1 gram of Costa Rica and when I didn't feel anything after 2 hours, I took 1 gram of Vietnamese and still got nothing.

I still have 3 grams left but haven't had the motivation to try the remaining strains, i.e. Penis Envy (terrible name, IMO), Keeper's Creeper and Wollongong. I'm planning on eating them all at once but I don't want to be disappointed again.

Any suggestions?

If you are on SSRIs and some other types of antidepressants or benzodiazepines you probably will not get any effect.

Any suggestions?
I would eat all 3 grams. While that one is a terrible name, they are known to be potent little devils. The other two I've no knowledge of. That said, a half gram of dry shrooms is a starter microdose that you adjust for your own preference with time and more experience. Three grams ought to have some effect, colors enhanced, sounds augmented, or more depending on the shrooms. Take them on an empty stomach well after last meal. Eat 3 dry grams of the Liberty Caps (Psilocybe Semilanceata) we used to pick in western Washington and you would definitely reach escape velocity and possibly the speed of light.

Back
Top Bottom