Seedsman's Purple Ghost Candy Comparative Grow Using Remo Nutrients By Tokin Roll

First off, I want to send out a big THANK YOU, to @SeedsMan who is not only a premier sponsor, but a great supporter of 420 Magazine. Seedsman does it again with another great comparison grow with not only Banana Jealousy, but also a fantastic chance to do a comparison grow with Purple Ghost Candy.

No one does this normally and @SeedsMan has provided this opportunity two years in a row. So be kind and help each other out to ensure we all have a successful grow.

Welcome to my Seedsman's Purple Ghost Candy Comparative Grow using Remo nutrients by Tokin Roll

I will be growing two @SeedsMan Purple Ghost Candy. One in a 2x4 and the other in a 3x3 using a SIP bucket growing system. In this system I will be using Promix Organic with about 30% perlite added using @Remo Nutrients.

Purple Ghost Candy
Description

This strain was bred by crossing Ghost OG with Candyland Purple. Purple Ghost Candy is 60% sativa, 40% indica, and is both high-yielding, indoors and outdoors, and a highly resinous strain with a great terpene profile making it very suitable for extractions.

Purple Ghost Candy is an easy plant to grow but one which will require some form of support for side-branches due to their size - outdoors it can grow to between 250 - 350 cm. tall. Indoor-flowering takes 70 - 84 days producing 500 - 600 gr/m2. Outdoors in northern latitudes growers can expect to obtain between 700 - 900 gr. from each plant with harvest time during the middle of October. A notable feature of the buds is the very large, golden resin crystals which become apparent very early during flowering.

Purple Ghost Candy retains the OG fuel-like scent while having flavors of spice and earth with notes of lemon and other fruit. Very high levels of THC (27.54%) with low CBD give an effect that is strongly physical with balanced mental stimulation. A perfect strain for down-time relaxation.

Brand/breeder - Seedsman
Parental lines - Ghost OG X Candyland Purple
Variety - Hybrid
Color Purple
Flowering type - Photoperiod
Sex - Feminized
THC content - Very High (25%+)
CBD content - Low (0-1%)
Yield outdoor - Very High (>750gr/Plant)
Yield indoor - High (450-600gr/M2)
Plant height - Tall (>200cm)
Photoperiod flowering time - 9 To 11 Weeks
Northern hemisphere harvest - October
Southern hemisphere harvest - April
Suitable climates - Dry | Hot | Warm
Odor - Medium
Mold resistance - Low
Bud density (1=loose & leafy, 5=ultra dense) - 3
Good for extracts - High
Aroma - Fruity | Skunky

Here are some current images.

I just about given up on this one.

She is managing to get her affairs in order.

That all folk's.

Stay safe and grow well my friends,
Tok..

Purple Ghost Candy sounds yummy. Good luck with the Remo nutrients. I used them for a while. I had a couple of nice grows then a couple that got pretty burnt. That's when I started playing around with GrowBuddy and really digging down into NPK. I ran the numbers for Prescription Blend through flower alongside Remo. You'll see the NPK for Remo is higher overall, but the P/K in flower is especially high. I'd recommend cutting back on the AstroFlower if you see them start to burn.
Compare1.png

Thank you for stopping by @Ancient Green @Ke0ncp @Absorber and @LKABudMan

I will be researching about Remo Nutrients today.
A side from that, thanks for the heads up and chart on Remo @LKABudMan . Much appreciated.

@SeedsMan Purple Ghost Candy has some strong genetics. They are both above ground and searching for the starts. Currently all my starters are receiving 1 teaspoon of Silica, 1/2 teaspoon of cal-mag and 1/4 teaspoon of Rapid Root at 68 degrees. They are still to small to place under my tent lights, but I have a small LED Grow Bulb, I use for starters.

The water I am using in my solution is RO water made with a portable sink RO filter system. Not that I need to, but I can make up to 50 gallons a day. I use a PuroSmart High Flow RO system it can be found on Amazon and the cost is just over 100.00 us. It is the cheapest way I found to make RO water.

That's all folk's.

Tok..

Thank you for stopping by @Ancient Green @Ke0ncp @Absorber and @LKABudMan

I will be researching about Remo Nutrients today.
A side from that, thanks for the heads up and chart on Remo @LKABudMan . Much appreciated.

@SeedsMan Purple Ghost Candy has some strong genetics. They are both above ground and searching for the starts. Currently all my starters are receiving 1 teaspoon of Silica, 1/2 teaspoon of cal-mag and 1/4 teaspoon of Rapid Root at 68 degrees. They are still to small to place under my tent lights, but I have a small LED Grow Bulb, I use for starters.

The water I am using in my solution is RO water made with a portable sink RO filter system. Not that I need to, but I can make up to 50 gallons a day. I use a PuroSmart High Flow RO system it can be found on Amazon and the cost is just over 100.00 us. It is the cheapest way I found to make RO water.

That's all folk's.

Tok..
Life 😉😁 good job with the germination looking good so far

Not much of an update today.

@LKABudMan I did some reason on Remo Nutrients and to play it on the safe side. I am going to use the next size small reservoir for my nutrient calculations, not trying to burn my ladies. Thanks again for the heads up.

I listed the nutrient calculation that I will start with, and if the need arises, I will increase the ppm's.

The @SeedsMan Purple Ghost Candy will remain in the solo cup until I feel she has enough root base to be transferred to a SIP container.

That's all folk's.

Tok..

Thank you for stopping by @StoneOtter
Sorry to read about you loosing the first couple you started.

My two are still building roots, and I got the height I wanted. I like a longer stem so if need be I can work under the canopy. I have been busy this month and falling behind on somethings. I need to get these soil girl established so I can move on to the next step.

Here are a couple image, be careful their not wearing anything. :rofl:

Stay safe and grow well my friend,
Tok..

Thank you for stopping by @StoneOtter
Sorry to read about you loosing the first couple you started.

My two are still building roots, and I got the height I wanted. I like a longer stem so if need be I can work under the canopy. I have been busy this month and falling behind on somethings. I need to get these soil girl established so I can move one to the next step.

Here are a couple image, be careful their not wearing anything. :rofl:

Stay safe and grow well my friend,
Tok..
Whoa!

Thats a leggy lass.

Thank you for stopping by @Baron Von Blurple
I like a leggy lady, thou most don't.
It makes it easier for me to work under the plant and some of the stem will get buried also.

Off to a slow start, but things will start to pick up this week.

My @SeedsMan Purple Ghost Candy's is starting to get some good roots so, maybe I will transplant soon.
I will be growing them in a SIP style; one in a Growbox and the other in a 5 gallon setup.

Thats a leggy lass.

Sometimes I make them longer also.

That's all folk's.

Tok..

Things are starting to pick up; since I placed them in my x with two @ViparSpectra XS1500PRO's. Not a lot to report on @SeedsMan Purple Ghost Candy just yet, but they are starting to respond nicely and I will be transplanting one of them soon into a 5-gallon SIP bucket soon. I want the other one to get bigger since she will be going into a grow box which has two or three times the space.

Here are a couple current images.

That's all for now folk's.

Tok..

Time for an update.

The @SeedsMan Purple Ghost Candy are doing better since I placed them into their five gallon SIP buckets. I will start feeding @Remo Nutrients this week when I change the water/solution in the bucket. Since, I have not used Remo nutrient line before I will be starting out with a ppm of around 5-600 ppm's and see how she reacts. Currently under two @ViparSpectra XS1500PRO and enjoying it.

That's all for now folk's

Tok..

Time for an update.

The @SeedsMan Purple Ghost Candy are doing better since I placed them into their five gallon SIP buckets. I will start feeding @Remo Nutrients this week when I change the water/solution in the bucket. Since, I have not used Remo nutrient line before I will be starting out with a ppm of around 5-600 ppm's and see how she reacts. Currently under two @ViparSpectra XS1500PRO and enjoying it.

That's all for now folk's

Tok..
Is there a reason for the off center placement of them? I’ve always planted center, but maybe I’m missing out on a trick here?

Back
Top Bottom