I Ain't Afraid Of No Ghost - Seedsman's Purple Ghost Candy Comparative Grow SIP/SCROG

Ke0ncp

Time to kick off my summer grow now that the my tent has room.

First off a HUGE thank you to @SeedsMan for letting me partake in the fun! Super excited to get this one going. It will be my second SIP grow and the first time playing with SCROG. If everything works out I will be smoking some PGC for Halloween muwahwahahaha.

Goal:
My goal coming into this grow is to maintain a happy and thriving plant from start to finish by utilizing a balanced nutrient , VPD, and DLI weekly schedule. I have learned a lot the past 2 grows but it’s been completely from the hip for them with really no data capture other than my journals here. This time around I am going to try and take a more calculated and analytical approach. So I am going to keep a detailed spreadsheet that will log every measurable aspect that I can think of in hopes of being able to pinpoint successes and opportunities for future grows. That is until I get lazy and slack off on the data input, it’s bound to happen!

So here are the details:
Strain: Purple Ghost Candy

Type: 60% sativa, 40% indica

Lineage: Ghost OG X Candyland Purple.

Flower: 9 - 11 weeks

THC Level: 25%

Grow Tent: 4x4x6

Lights: @ViparSpectra PS2000 x 2 daisy chained

Media: Pro-Mix HP

Nutrients: Green Leaf Nutrients MegaCrop

SIP Method: 5 gallon buckets with the GrowBucket inserts

Controller: AC Infinity 69Pro that controls a small indoor heater to keep temps at or above 77° (82° until seeds sprout), and will be VPD driven to control their small humidifier, intake fan, extraction fan, as well as my lighting cycles.

Ventilation : AC Infinity 4” inline x 2 for intake and extraction.

Circulation: 3 x @VIVOSUN AeroWave E6 oscillating fans

Lighting Cycles

Lighting height will be DLI driven, starting off at Viparspectra’s recommended height above the canopy. Then will slightly increase the DLI weekly by either increasing lighting power, or decreasing/increasing the distance from the canopy, or a combination of both to get desired results.

Seedling: 18/6

Veg for 8-9 weeks: 18/6

Flower until ready: 12/12

Coming into the grow this is my plan as far as all controllable aspects go.
Control Point Schedule:

Weekk 1 - Sprout
Nutes 1g/Gal
VPD: 0.6
DLI: 12

Week 2 - Late sprout:
Nutes 2g/Gal
VPD: 0.7
DLI: 16

Week 3 - Early veg:
Nutes: 2.5g/Gal + Bushdoctor Cal/Mag
DLI: 20

Week 4 - Veg:
Nutes: 3.5/Gal
DLI: 25

Week 5 - Veg:
Nutes: 4.5g/Gal
VPD: .7
DLI: 30

Week 6
Nutes: 5g/Gal + Bushdoctor Cal/Mag
VPD: .8
DLI: 35

Week 7 :
Nutes: 5g/gal
VPD: .8
DLI: 40
SCROG goes in - still TBD on when the net will go in. I am planning on a single net and to keep tucking the new growth back under.

Week 8: Flip Week
Nutes: 5.5g/gal
VPD: .9
DLI: 25

Week 9 Flower week 1:
Nutes: 5.5g/gal + Bushdoctor Cal/Mag
VPD: 1.0
DLI: 28

Week 10 Flower week 2:
VPD: 1.1
DLI: 30

Week 11 flower week 3:
VPD: 1.2
DLI: 34

Week 12 flower week 4:
VPD: 1.3
DLI: 36

Week 13 flower week 6:
VPD: 1.4
DLI: 38

Week 14 flower week 7:
VPD: 1.5

Week 15 flower week 8:

Week 16 flower week 9:
DLI: 36

Week 17 flower week 10:
DLI: 32

Seeds were dropped in water with a splash of h202 and will sit for 24 hours and then right into the bucket. SIP was pre charged with RO water and 1g/gal of MC and left in the tent for 24 hours at 82° while the seeds were in water. They are going directly into their final home using @Emilya Green proper way to water method.

Should be a fun grow and I am hoping to get lucky and get one of each of the pheno's. I am also naming them to stay with the Ghost Busters them from my title, we have Slimer and Dana :)

Happy to make it to the beginning of your grow, @Ke0ncp!

I'm on page 1!

Don't think I've ever been on a page one!

Is something special supposed to happen? Do I get a comp. bag of peanuts or my parking validated?

Looking forward! :Rasta:

Happy to make it to the beginning of your grow, @Ke0ncp!

I'm on page 1!

Don't think I've ever been on a page one!

Is something special supposed to happen? Do I get a comp. bag of peanuts or my parking validated?

Looking forward! :Rasta:
Haha see the hostess to get your parking validated. Haha

Glad to have you along @Grand Daddy Black

Well less than 24 hours in soaking and they both cracked and have shoots coming out. Not what I wanted to happen but I know that it’s fine. Just remember reading about “don’t spill the milk” :)

So Slimmer and Dana are now both in their respective homes.

Lights at 18/6
DLI at 12 for when they pop up
VPD: .50
Temp at 82° until they emerge and then will knock that down to 78°

I did a 5 squirt spray of 1g/gal of MC once they went into their homes.

Thanks! I'll check it out!
I love mine. Need to do some basic math and then use an online ppfd to DLI calculator. I think the lux to ppfd conversion is lux x .0185 for perfect sunlight. I do lux x .0180 but thinking about that I should do some more research. I will post resources, though that topic might be exhausted in other threads and redundant information.
I too need a light meter because right now I can only measure temp and RH. 🍋
I find it to be a useful tool and one that will get a lot of use during this grow.

I just went to double check my lighting and I am glad I did. I was at 16 dli or 325ish ppfd. For the life of me I couldn’t get to the 12 dli or 208 ish ppfd at Viparspectra’s recommended 25% and 13” away. Was more like 21” away, probably because I have 2 of them. Either way raised the lights up and at 12 dli.

Ke0ncp, This will be good! :popcorn::johnlennon:

Back
Top Bottom