Colombian Gold In Hydro By Gwhunran

Write up from breeder.
Colombian Gold:
World Of Seed, feminized photoperiod

This Sativa strain is the result of a combination of pure strains from the Santa Marta mountain range in Colombia that is home to the country’s highest peaks. Below 2,500m, where the soil is very fertile, can be found anything from typical Andean woods to dense tropical jungle.

Cannabis has been cultivated in this area for many generations and, by trying to improve the plant’s medicinal properties through continual interbreeding, the local inhabitants have achieved some of the most genetically pure strains in existence. Our breeder brought back many seeds from this region and we worked with them to produce this tall, vigorous, branchy strain with an intense, sweet fragrance that stands out above all for her taste and potent, psychedelic effects.

Genotype 100% Sativa
THC 18%
Maturation(Interior) from 65 to 75 days
Maturation(Exterior) late October
Flavor Sweet fruit
Way of cropping Ind/Out
Production 400 g/m2 Indoor | more than 700 g/pl Outdoor
Odor High
Effect Cerebral
Resistance to mold High
Pest resistance Medium
Sex Feminized
Lineage Santa Marta (Colombia)
BHO Performance 17%
Irrigation tolerance High
Medicinal Value Medium

gwhunran intro:

Colombian Gold, World of Seeds, clones from a feminized photoperiod mother.

All are welcome to this journal.

These clones were gifted to me by @LKABudMan Budman as he had extra clones and I'd mentioned how much I wished I could grow them. I had just lost my Blueberry crop due to a medical emergency. I never expected things to work out so perfectly. Lose a crop and instant root ready replacement clones of a strain, I'd probably dreamed of growing this strain since the mid 70s. I realize it's not the exact strain from that time as it probably didn't finish as fast the breeder states this strain finishes.

I am running the plants in the diy DWC under a ViparSpectra XS1500pro for a few days and then into the open flood and drain under a 600w LED. I will veg them on 16/8 light schedule and then on an 11/13 light schedule after flip to match the Golden Tiger next door. While the two grows are on different light schedules, the closure between grows will be in use, and each grow will have it's own AC running. The Golden Tiger will get the dehumdifier as it is already flowering. Once on the same light schedule, only one AC will be used and the dehumdifier will be shared.

The 1st reservoir was created this morning using GH recommended amounts for Early Growth. CalMag+ was added and the res. was PHed to 5.8-6.2. No plants in the tray yet as I still have to finish cleaning the air stones. The weighted air hoses are already in the reservoir and would probably be adequate, but the plants are currenting in the diy DWC and are doing fine. No hurry as the ViparSpectra XS1500pro is doing a fine job at present.

The clones in the diy DWC are running on a two gallon reservoir at the GH recomended concentration for two gallons in Early Growth. PHed at 5.8-6.2. CalMag+ at 2ml/gallon.

The flood and drain consist of a doubled up 17 gallon tote, a 3x3foot tray, with a four hole PVC tray cover. I'll be scrogging them on a 4x4 1st screen about 7inches/18cm from the tray cover. I plan on using a 2nd, 4x4 screen, 12inches/30.5cm above the first screen to spread out the top colas and provide support.

The water pump supplying the nutrients to the tray will run every two hours for 15minutes and then drain back into the reservoir. I am using a combination of air stones and air hoses supplied by a 35w 6 port air pump running 24/7.
If any of you have run this stain, how much does this strain stretch after flip? Does it double or triple in height? Just trying to decide if 12inches/30.5cm height is adequate for the 2nd screen?
CG Day 1 diy dwc (5).JPG

Colombian Gold, 1st day in the diy DWC, thanks again @LKABudMan

CG Day 1 diy dwc (4).JPG

Colombian Gold, 1st day in the diy DWC,

CG side ready to go.JPG

Future flood and drain home of the Colombian Gold. Just have to clean the air stones and hook them up. Weighted air hoses already aerating.

Colombian Gold
Day 3 in diy DWC

The four clones are doing fine in the little DWC. Light power has been increase from 25% to 50% or 75w.

The light in the flood and drain grow area won't even come on below 200w, so a few days in the small tent will save a little on electricity and AC. I don't think the plants will notice at this stage.

CG Day 3 in DWC.JPG

Colombian Gold rooted clones. Day 3 in diy DWC. Light power level was bumped up to 50% from 25%. Or 75w.

I'm really looking forward to watching how clones of the same plant grow in our different systems. Yours are looking really happy right now!

I'm really looking forward to watching how clones of the same plant grow in our different systems. Yours are looking really happy right now!
Me too. What day did you start giving them more than seedling/clone nutes? If they were on straight water, I'm gonna call the first day in the diy DWC Day One of veg? I'll post up later and put a fresh picture of mine.

Me too. What day did you start giving them more than seedling/clone nutes? If they were on straight water, I'm gonna call the first day in the diy DWC Day One of veg? I'll post up later and put a fresh picture of mine.
I had them in the cloner with a Clonex solution at 500ppm (1.0 ec) since they were cut. They didn't really start rooting until around 8/18 or 8/19. I have mine in the RDWC at around 600ppm - a little more than seedlings would be getting.

I’m curious about your grow because I have some of those seeds myself and I’m gonna try them next grow. CL🍀
I know what you mean. :) I love being able to see a grow journal on a strain before growing it myself. :bong: Sometimes it re-enforces a desire to grow it,:cheer: and every now and then, there will be red flags that show me, that might not be what I'm looking for.:hmmmm:😯 I will be sure and post about how close it reminds me of the old time Colombian,:love: but under the best of circumstances that will be around Christmas time. :hmmmm: :oops:

I had them in the cloner with a Clonex solution at 500ppm (1.0 ec) since they were cut. They didn't really start rooting until around 8/18 or 8/19. I have mine in the RDWC at around 600ppm - a little more than seedlings would be getting.
So, I will be pretty accurate calling the morning they were put in the diy DWC Day One Veg. I had the solution set to GH recommendations for Early Growth. It seems to agree with them. The flood and drains ready to go. Just taking my time. They are looking good in the little tupperware and I get a chance to look in on them every time I go downstairs. :rolleyes::bong:

CG Day 4 veg.JPG

Colombian Gold, Day 4 veg.

CG Day 4 veg (3).JPG

Colombian Gold, Day 4 veg.

Colombian Gold
Day 5 veg.

The little tent is running normally. The plants were reaching towards the light when I checked on them a short while after lights on. They all seem healthy and could go into the big room at any time.

CG Day 5 veg (1).JPG

Colombian Gold, Day 5 veg.

CG Day 5 veg (2)2.jpg

Colombian Gold, Day 5 veg.

CG Day 5 veg (4).JPG

Colombian Gold, Day 5 veg. Reaching up to the light. :)

Write up from breeder.
Colombian Gold:
World Of Seed, feminized photoperiod

This Sativa strain is the result of a combination of pure strains from the Santa Marta mountain range in Colombia that is home to the country’s highest peaks. Below 2,500m, where the soil is very fertile, can be found anything from typical Andean woods to dense tropical jungle.

Cannabis has been cultivated in this area for many generations and, by trying to improve the plant’s medicinal properties through continual interbreeding, the local inhabitants have achieved some of the most genetically pure strains in existence. Our breeder brought back many seeds from this region and we worked with them to produce this tall, vigorous, branchy strain with an intense, sweet fragrance that stands out above all for her taste and potent, psychedelic effects.

Genotype 100% Sativa
THC 18%
Maturation(Interior) from 65 to 75 days
Maturation(Exterior) late October
Flavor Sweet fruit
Way of cropping Ind/Out
Production 400 g/m2 Indoor | more than 700 g/pl Outdoor
Odor High
Effect Cerebral
Resistance to mold High
Pest resistance Medium
Sex Feminized
Lineage Santa Marta (Colombia)
BHO Performance 17%
Irrigation tolerance High
Medicinal Value Medium

gwhunran intro:

Colombian Gold, World of Seeds, clones from a feminized photoperiod mother.

All are welcome to this journal.

These clones were gifted to me by @LKABudMan Budman as he had extra clones and I'd mentioned how much I wished I could grow them. I had just lost my Blueberry crop due to a medical emergency. I never expected things to work out so perfectly. Lose a crop and instant root ready replacement clones of a strain, I'd probably dreamed of growing this strain since the mid 70s. I realize it's not the exact strain from that time as it probably didn't finish as fast the breeder states this strain finishes.

I am running the plants in the diy DWC under a ViparSpectra XS1500pro for a few days and then into the open flood and drain under a 600w LED. I will veg them on 16/8 light schedule and then on an 11/13 light schedule after flip to match the Golden Tiger next door. While the two grows are on different light schedules, the closure between grows will be in use, and each grow will have it's own AC running. The Golden Tiger will get the dehumdifier as it is already flowering. Once on the same light schedule, only one AC will be used and the dehumdifier will be shared.

The 1st reservoir was created this morning using GH recommended amounts for Early Growth. CalMag+ was added and the res. was PHed to 5.8-6.2. No plants in the tray yet as I still have to finish cleaning the air stones. The weighted air hoses are already in the reservoir and would probably be adequate, but the plants are currenting in the diy DWC and are doing fine. No hurry as the ViparSpectra XS1500pro is doing a fine job at present.

The clones in the diy DWC are running on a two gallon reservoir at the GH recomended concentration for two gallons in Early Growth. PHed at 5.8-6.2. CalMag+ at 2ml/gallon.

The flood and drain consist of a doubled up 17 gallon tote, a 3x3foot tray, with a four hole PVC tray cover. I'll be scrogging them on a 4x4 1st screen about 7inches/18cm from the tray cover. I plan on using a 2nd, 4x4 screen, 12inches/30.5cm above the first screen to spread out the top colas and provide support.

The water pump supplying the nutrients to the tray will run every two hours for 15minutes and then drain back into the reservoir. I am using a combination of air stones and air hoses supplied by a 35w 6 port air pump running 24/7.
If any of you have run this stain, how much does this strain stretch after flip? Does it double or triple in height? Just trying to decide if 12inches/30.5cm height is adequate for the 2nd screen?
CG Day 1 diy dwc (5).JPG

Colombian Gold, 1st day in the diy DWC, thanks again @LKABudMan

CG Day 1 diy dwc (4).JPG

Colombian Gold, 1st day in the diy DWC,

CG side ready to go.JPG

Future flood and drain home of the Colombian Gold. Just have to clean the air stones and hook them up. Weighted air hoses already aerating.
will be watching -- Malawi / Panama and Columbian Gold are soaking a t present - thinking of one of these light cycles;
1) veg at 18.6 for 3 weeks - then flower at 12/12
2) veg at 12/12 till 6 inches tall - then flower at 12.5 dark / 11.5 light
3) veg at 12/12 - 24hrs dark before flip - 12.5 dark / 11/5 light

Thoughts ???? which one to use ? leq ni ng toward # 2

They're looking great in there. Do you plan to top them at a certain point or just bend them over in the scrog?

will be watching -- Malawi / Panama and Columbian Gold are soaking a t present - thinking of one of these light cycles;
1) veg at 18.6 for 3 weeks - then flower at 12/12
2) veg at 12/12 till 6 inches tall - then flower at 12.5 dark / 11.5 light
3) veg at 12/12 - 24hrs dark before flip - 12.5 dark / 11/5 light

Thoughts ???? which one to use ? leq ni ng toward # 2
Have you ran any of these light cycles before? What did you think?

I like running a 16 light/ 8 dark in veg. I haven't tried less than that. :hmmmm: I've ran 12/12 in flower with most hybrid strains:). I just follow the breeders advise on growing long flowering Sativas indoors and flip them to flower within 20 days of sprout. :) I like running 11 on/13 off with long flowering strains, :)and no matter which strains I run, I usually cut the light back a little near harvest.:hmmmm: Just the way, I've done it and it has worked.:) Bud in the jars.:cheesygrinsmiley::bong:

They're looking great in there. Do you plan to top them at a certain point or just bend them over in the scrog?
The reach for the light is showing me that they're ready to go. :cheesygrinsmiley: I think they are okay for today, but I'll probably break down and put them in the flood and drain tomorrow. :rolleyes: I'll miss looking at them as often.:rolleyes::)
I've found that tying them down on the screen will give me all the new growth I could want. :) Plus the clones are already acting as if they have been topped.:) Probably from the mother being pruned a little.:hmmmm: I think we will be getting screen fulls of colas.:cheesygrinsmiley::bong:

Back
Top Bottom