Golden Tiger - In Hydro By Gwhunran 2023

So how have your cobs turned out? Which one is the strongest/most favorite to you? Happy Friday!! Great grow!! 😎✌️
The six COB that was made from the Fuel D.OG, is not really that great to me but I've only tried one of them and it was the least processed. :hmmmm: They were all sweated for 24 hours, but the ferment time was varied from one week to three weeks. They are just now a month in cure and the recommendations are for at least two months. I think they were too dry when I started. :hmmmm: The cannabis is supposed to be moist, not finished drying, and there's only a fairly small window to make it. :oops: Going backwards from cured bud and making it moist again, to make COB, has not worked well for those that have tried it.:rolleyes:
I will make the GT COB with moist flower.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Great harvest! Please let us know how the smoke is. I'm looking forward to hearing how it is
:goodjob:
Thanks Dankman! :) I am already smoking some that was cut on day 100 and although not cured, it is potent and does not disappoint. :cheesygrinsmiley: It will only get better with cure.:cheer::passitleft:

Golden Tiger
Harvest completed.

The grow area must be cleaned and prepped for next spring. :confused: I'm not getting in any hurry to get started, but plan to "make some progress," today.:rolleyes:

Golden Tiger MK pheno (3).JPG

Golden Tiger, Malawi Killer pheno stalk in the foreground.

Golden Tiger MK pheno (1).JPG

Golden Tiger, Malawi Killer pheno. Close up of previous flower stalk tip. focus:rolleyes:

Congrats on the harvest, those are some beautiful buds. I'm looking forward to seeing you make some cobs ;)

Congrats on the harvest, those are some beautiful buds. I'm looking forward to seeing you make some cobs ;)
I plan on posting the process here. :) I've got corn shucks and a few sushi roller mats since I last tried it.:) I plan on putting the corn shuck in a baggie with a few drops of water and putting it in the micro wave for a few seconds to moisten them. :hmmmm: I hope that will make them easier to roll tight and tie off.:hmmmm::) I already have a large stainless steel dehydrator. I look forward to making them.:)

The six COB that was made from the Fuel D.OG, is not really that great to me but I've only tried one of them and it was the least processed. :hmmmm: They were all sweated for 24 hours, but the ferment time was varied from one week to three weeks. They are just now a month in cure and the recommendations are for at least two months. I think they were too dry when I started. :hmmmm: The cannabis is supposed to be moist, not finished drying, and there's only a fairly small window to make it. :oops: Going backwards from cured bud and making it moist again, to make COB, has not worked well for those that have tried it.:rolleyes:
Ok man... Gotcha..... I've never tried that certain strain. This stuff you have goin now looks awesome!! If it's good already then curing it should be really nice!! I like the idea of cobbing because you don't have to hang for long periods and all that. Can't wait till I'm at it again! For now..... living vicariously through y'all!! Happy Friday Growmie!!😎✌️

@Hombre del Monte said it’s one of his favorites, Golden Tiger 🐅. I think it’s gonna be awesome. Especially the ones with the Malawi, the ones Dubi speaks of. CL🍀

Ok man... Gotcha..... I've never tried that certain strain. This stuff you have goin now looks awesome!! If it's good already then curing it should be really nice!! I like the idea of cobbing because you don't have to hang for long periods and all that. Can't wait till I'm at it again! For now..... living vicariously through y'all!! Happy Friday Growmie!!😎✌️
I considered that plant an extra one. I planted 5 seeds and all grew. I could only use four plants in the flood and drain, so the extra one was grown outside. Making COB out of it was a last minute decision and I should have made them a day or two earlier. :hmmmm: :rolleyes:

Ooooooo gotcha..... just the starting plants material was little too dry? I just really like the fact of no burping. Not having to worry about mold due to the vacuum seal is also appealing. Especially if you have a lot of stuff after harvest!! Happy Saturday to you Growmie!! 😎✌️

Ooooooo gotcha..... just the starting plants material was little too dry? I just really like the fact of no burping. Not having to worry about mold due to the vacuum seal is also appealing. Especially if you have a lot of stuff after harvest!! Happy Saturday to you Growmie!! 😎✌️
I will be making the GT COB starting tomorrow. :) They should still be damp tomorrow. :hmmmm:

Golden Tiger
Harvest finished.

I've still got to remove the pots and roots, clean up the tray and reservoir, and start the process of cleaning the air stones.:hmmmm: But the hard part is over.:)

Just a picture of what the Golden Tiger grow side looks like without the plants.

Golden Tiger stumps.JPG

Golden Tiger stumps still in their pots. The hard parts over, just a little bit of clean up left.:)

Golden Tiger
Harvest finished.

I've still got to remove the pots and roots, clean up the tray and reservoir, and start the process of cleaning the air stones.:hmmmm: But the hard part is over.:)

Just a picture of what the Golden Tiger grow side looks like without the plants.

Golden Tiger stumps.JPG

Golden Tiger stumps still in their pots. The hard parts over, just a little bit of clean up left.:)
Congratulations 🍾 on your success GT is not a ez strain to keep healthy through the long flowering. The rewards are worth it though as you’ll see. It’s some of the most powerful Sativa Ace makes. CL🍀

@Hombre del Monte said it’s one of his favorites, Golden Tiger 🐅. I think it’s gonna be awesome. Especially the ones with the Malawi, the ones Dubi speaks of. CL🍀
I think so too. :) I've seen some of the COB pictures and it looks good to me.:love: I'll probably mostly break a piece off and smoke it in a glass bowl through the bong.:hmmmm::cheesygrinsmiley:

Congratulations 🍾 on your success GT is not a ez strain to keep healthy through the long flowering. The rewards are worth it though as you’ll see. It’s some of the most powerful Sativa Ace makes. CL🍀
I'm already smoking the 100 day GT bud.:rolleyes: It's strong in the head already, :)not even cured.:oops: I ended up with some really dense top cola flowers,:oops: I wasn't expecting it.:cheesygrinsmiley::love::bong:

I'm already smoking the 100 day GT bud.:rolleyes: It's strong in the head already, :)not even cured.:oops: I ended up with some really dense top cola flowers,:oops: I wasn't expecting it.:cheesygrinsmiley::love::bong:
I’ve been adding small amounts to my Chocolate Thai but it really gets me zoned. I still haven’t gotten much of a tolerance to it. lol CL🍀

Golden Tiger
Hydro harvest page 18.

Hanging and drying. :)

COB made today.:)
My COB making didn't put a dent in the hanging drying flower.:oops::love:

Makin GT COB (1).JPG

Golden Tiger COB making. Using @tangwena method.
More airy flower was cut off stalks that are hanging to dry. It's still very moist.:) The larger stems were removed and the loose boxed flower was added. Material was weighed, to get an idea how many COBs would be made. 225 grams. :oops::love: So seven COB would be made. 30 something grams each.😎:cheesygrinsmiley::bong:

@Hombre del Monte

Makin GT COB (3).JPG

GT divided up and ready to go.

Makin GT COB (4).JPG

GT flower on left has been pressed together and will be shaped into a cigar shape. Plate of flower on left is unpressed to show how pressing it together makes the whole smaller.

Makin GT COB (5).JPG

Golden Tiger COB before rolling in corn shuck and tying off.

Makin GT COB (8).JPG

Seven Golden Tiger COBs made and ready to be vacuum sealed and put in the dehydrator for sweating phase. 1-2 Days at 115F/46C. Then they will be put in a warm space (top of the satellite box) for 1-2 weeks.

Makin GT COB (9).JPG

Seven Golden Tiger COB vacuum sealed. Ready to go into the dehyrator for a couple of days.

Makin GT COB (10).JPG

Making Golden Tiger COB. Seven vacuum sealed 30ish grams each, and wrapped in corn shucks. Lots more room in the dehydrator. I could put a hundred in there.

Back
Top Bottom