MAC (Miracle Alien Cookies) - Herbie's Seeds USA, By Gwhunran In Hydro

MAC (Miracle Alien Cookies) by Herbie's Seeds USA. Feminized, photoperiod. @Herbies Seeds

I was fortunate enough to win the Grow Journal of the Month in November of 2023 and Herbie's Seeds was kind enough to let me pick my strains and give me one extra too, so that I might fill my four hole hydro flood and drain tray. :) I picked MAC mainly because it was a strain that really impressed me a few years ago while visiting family in Florida. I love the taste and the buzz was real nice too.:love::)

Here's what Herbie's Seeds USA has to say about MAC

A very popular descendant of Alien Cookies, Mac is a perfect choice for Indica lovers. She’s insanely high-yielding at 2.1 oz/ft² and has equally astounding THC levels of up to 27%, so you get exactly what you like and you get it big! Expect a burst of euphoria and happiness with every toke, plus a one-of-a-kind flavor profile that combines notes of spice and wood with a citrusy finish.

Mac Strain Info:
Mac has all the traits that Indica lovers are looking for both in a plant and in a smoke. With a compact stature and record-breaking yields, she provides the owners of tight grow spaces with more bud than they can use up. Quantity aside, the quality of your harvest will be top-notch too.

Genetics:
Mac is short for Miracle Alien Cookies, so it’s obvious which lineage this hybrid carries. We’d rather not reveal her other parent’s identity, but it definitely helped us improve on the original Alien Cookies.

Flowering Time:
As is the case with many Indica-dominant varieties, Mac doesn’t take long to finish flowering and usually matures in 63 days after you switch your timer to 12/12.

Yields:
Mac is an incredibly rewarding plant. Give her enough light and some basic love and care, and she’ll reward you with 2.1 oz/ft² (650 g/m²) indoors. Outdoor yields are even more generous at 1.65 lb (750 grams) per plant.

Effects:
If you have enough tolerance to stand up to this strain’s potency, you will find this smoke very happy and euphoric, with marked creative vibes – something you’d expect from a Sativa. However, the relaxation typical for Indicas will also be there and will make more inexperienced users motionless and speechless.

Medical Properties:
Whatever healing powers you’d expect from Indica weed, you’ll get it all with Mac. It’s a versatile medicine, equally fit to cure both the mind and body. Most often, people use it to improve sleep and treat pains of various origins, including arthritis, headaches, and migraines. However, Mac’s mood-lifting ability also makes it effective against stress, anxiety, and depression.

THC and CBD Levels:
Mac is among the most potent hybrids out there, as its THC levels routinely test at 25-27%. This is enough to pierce the armor of almost any tolerance, and even long-time medical patients are not immune. The CBD content isn’t particularly high, cruising below 2%.

Smell and Taste:
The terpene profile is complex, featuring a citrusy background resembling something like sweet oranges. However, the main notes on your palate are spicy and woody, with a more subtle earthy taste.

Grow Tips:
Mac is a versatile plant that adapts well to any environment and growing style. She’s also very forgiving and will tolerate some lack of attention as well as lack of experience. This makes her suitable for first-time growers, while more seasoned ones will see their extra effort transform into extra yields.

Expect a medium height of about 3′7″-4′3″ (110-130 cm).
Strive for a perfectly flat canopy to maximize yields.
Provide good ventilation to prevent mold in the super-dense buds.

Time to get going.:cheesygrinsmiley:

I will start out in plugs
then move into 6"/15cm net pots in a small diy tupperware DWC, until I get a little growth.
then move into their forever home, a four hole flood and drain tray through veg and flower to harvest

I will be using a ViparSpectra XS1500pro for light until moving into the flood and drain where a HLG600r will be used until harvest.

I use General Hydroponics three part liquid nutrients, along with CalMag+, and KoolBloom(0-10-10) in flower. I use PH down and up. The goal will be to keep my PH in the 6-6.5 range on this grow.

I will be running CO2. I have used CO2 buckets in the past but didn't have a monitor to see what they put out.:rolleyes: Now I have two.:cheesygrinsmiley: One in each grow room, but one will only be used as a monitor throughout. The CO2 set up in one grow area will supply both rooms by use of a splitter, downstream from the regulator. I might continue to use the buckets too if they are productive.:hmmmm::bong:

The grow area has AC that can be set to re-circulate, thereby helping to keep the CO2 inside.
I will also be using a dehumidifier, that both grow rooms will have to share. Another reason to keep both rooms on the same light schedule.:hmmmm::)

I also have a robust exhaust system in the grow room, left over from the days of using sealed HID lighting. Now they are hooked to inkbirds, set to high temperatures, just in case the AC goes out. Don't let anyone tell you leds don't put out much heat. :rolleyes:

Seed planting orientation pics (3)2.jpg

Seed under microscope. I plant my seeds in Root Riot plugs oriented as this seed is in the photo.

Seed planting orientation pics (4)2.jpg

End arrow is pointing down first in the plug.

Seed planting orientation pics (6).jpg

Pointy end of seed pointing up in the plug

Seed planting orientation pics (5).jpg

Where the arrow is pointing, the seam that will split and let the tap root come out and hopefully go down and not up. :rolleyes:

MAC planting the seeds 3-15-24 (2).JPG

Little tent where plants will live until moving into the flood and drain. ViparSpectra XS1500pro lighting.

MAC planting the seeds 3-15-24 (3)2.JPG

Sprouting the MAC.

MAC planting the seeds 3-15-24 (1)2.JPG

Four feminized photoperiod MAC seeds planted in Root Riot plugs as shown in photo pics.

MAC seed plus 4 days (1).JPG

3 out of 4 MAC seeds by Herbie's Seeds USA sprouted by plus four days from planting. The one that hasn't sprouted has a tail but seems to have stalled. It still has a couple of days to do something.

MAC seed plus 4 days (2).JPG

3 out of 4 MAC seeds by Herbie's Seeds USA sprouted by plus four days from planting. The one that hasn't sprouted has a tail but seems to have stalled. It still has a couple of days to do something. The crooked one front right, had it's tap root come out the top. I carefully sliced the cube open and turned it over, it sprouted the next day, so far so good. :):bong:

Nice start GW!

I'm looking forward to watching how things go. :Rasta:

Hey there!!! I'm pulling up a seat and breakin out my vape for this one!! I'm front row too!!! Any popcorn for this show?? Happy Thursday!! 😎✌️

Hi GWH. I like the sound of the strain. Good growing to you!
Glad to have you along Carmen! I hope it taste as good as the example I tried a few years ago. Extra tasty and with a kick of a buzz.:love::)
Hey there!!! I'm pulling up a seat and breakin out my vape for this one!! I'm front row too!!! Any popcorn for this show?? Happy Thursday!! 😎✌️
Glad your aboard Scottay! It'll be kinda slow for a while but we know how hydro does once things take off. :cheesygrinsmiley:

MAC (Miracle Alien Cookies) by Herbie's Seeds USA. Feminized, photoperiod. @Herbies Seeds

I was fortunate enough to win the Grow Journal of the Month in November of 2023 and Herbie's Seeds was kind enough to let me pick my strains and give me one extra too, so that I might fill my four hole hydro flood and drain tray. :) I picked MAC mainly because it was a strain that really impressed me a few years ago while visiting family in Florida. I love the taste and the buzz was real nice too.:love::)

Here's what Herbie's Seeds USA has to say about MAC

A very popular descendant of Alien Cookies, Mac is a perfect choice for Indica lovers. She’s insanely high-yielding at 2.1 oz/ft² and has equally astounding THC levels of up to 27%, so you get exactly what you like and you get it big! Expect a burst of euphoria and happiness with every toke, plus a one-of-a-kind flavor profile that combines notes of spice and wood with a citrusy finish.

Mac Strain Info:
Mac has all the traits that Indica lovers are looking for both in a plant and in a smoke. With a compact stature and record-breaking yields, she provides the owners of tight grow spaces with more bud than they can use up. Quantity aside, the quality of your harvest will be top-notch too.

Genetics:
Mac is short for Miracle Alien Cookies, so it’s obvious which lineage this hybrid carries. We’d rather not reveal her other parent’s identity, but it definitely helped us improve on the original Alien Cookies.

Flowering Time:
As is the case with many Indica-dominant varieties, Mac doesn’t take long to finish flowering and usually matures in 63 days after you switch your timer to 12/12.

Yields:
Mac is an incredibly rewarding plant. Give her enough light and some basic love and care, and she’ll reward you with 2.1 oz/ft² (650 g/m²) indoors. Outdoor yields are even more generous at 1.65 lb (750 grams) per plant.

Effects:
If you have enough tolerance to stand up to this strain’s potency, you will find this smoke very happy and euphoric, with marked creative vibes – something you’d expect from a Sativa. However, the relaxation typical for Indicas will also be there and will make more inexperienced users motionless and speechless.

Medical Properties:
Whatever healing powers you’d expect from Indica weed, you’ll get it all with Mac. It’s a versatile medicine, equally fit to cure both the mind and body. Most often, people use it to improve sleep and treat pains of various origins, including arthritis, headaches, and migraines. However, Mac’s mood-lifting ability also makes it effective against stress, anxiety, and depression.

THC and CBD Levels:
Mac is among the most potent hybrids out there, as its THC levels routinely test at 25-27%. This is enough to pierce the armor of almost any tolerance, and even long-time medical patients are not immune. The CBD content isn’t particularly high, cruising below 2%.

Smell and Taste:
The terpene profile is complex, featuring a citrusy background resembling something like sweet oranges. However, the main notes on your palate are spicy and woody, with a more subtle earthy taste.

Grow Tips:
Mac is a versatile plant that adapts well to any environment and growing style. She’s also very forgiving and will tolerate some lack of attention as well as lack of experience. This makes her suitable for first-time growers, while more seasoned ones will see their extra effort transform into extra yields.

Expect a medium height of about 3′7″-4′3″ (110-130 cm).
Strive for a perfectly flat canopy to maximize yields.
Provide good ventilation to prevent mold in the super-dense buds.

Time to get going.:cheesygrinsmiley:

I will start out in plugs
then move into 6"/15cm net pots in a small diy tupperware DWC, until I get a little growth.
then move into their forever home, a four hole flood and drain tray through veg and flower to harvest

I will be using a ViparSpectra XS1500pro for light until moving into the flood and drain where a HLG600r will be used until harvest.

I use General Hydroponics three part liquid nutrients, along with CalMag+, and KoolBloom(0-10-10) in flower. I use PH down and up. The goal will be to keep my PH in the 6-6.5 range on this grow.

I will be running CO2. I have used CO2 buckets in the past but didn't have a monitor to see what they put out.:rolleyes: Now I have two.:cheesygrinsmiley: One in each grow room, but one will only be used as a monitor throughout. The CO2 set up in one grow area will supply both rooms by use of a splitter, downstream from the regulator. I might continue to use the buckets too if they are productive.:hmmmm::bong:

The grow area has AC that can be set to re-circulate, thereby helping to keep the CO2 inside.
I will also be using a dehumidifier, that both grow rooms will have to share. Another reason to keep both rooms on the same light schedule.:hmmmm::)

I also have a robust exhaust system in the grow room, left over from the days of using sealed HID lighting. Now they are hooked to inkbirds, set to high temperatures, just in case the AC goes out. Don't let anyone tell you leds don't put out much heat. :rolleyes:

Seed planting orientation pics (3)2.jpg

Seed under microscope. I plant my seeds in Root Riot plugs oriented as this seed is in the photo.

Seed planting orientation pics (4)2.jpg

End arrow is pointing down first in the plug.

Seed planting orientation pics (6).jpg

Pointy end of seed pointing up in the plug

Seed planting orientation pics (5).jpg

Where the arrow is pointing, the seam that will split and let the tap root come out and hopefully go down and not up. :rolleyes:

MAC planting the seeds 3-15-24 (2).JPG

Little tent where plants will live until moving into the flood and drain. ViparSpectra XS1500pro lighting.

MAC planting the seeds 3-15-24 (3)2.JPG

Sprouting the MAC.

MAC planting the seeds 3-15-24 (1)2.JPG

Four feminized photoperiod MAC seeds planted in Root Riot plugs as shown in photo pics.

MAC seed plus 4 days (1).JPG

3 out of 4 MAC seeds by Herbie's Seeds USA sprouted by plus four days from planting. The one that hasn't sprouted has a tail but seems to have stalled. It still has a couple of days to do something.

MAC seed plus 4 days (2).JPG

3 out of 4 MAC seeds by Herbie's Seeds USA sprouted by plus four days from planting. The one that hasn't sprouted has a tail but seems to have stalled. It still has a couple of days to do something. The crooked one front right, had it's tap root come out the top. I carefully sliced the cube open and turned it over, it sprouted the next day, so far so good. :):bong:
Mind if I follow 😬😁
Can't wait to see how this turns out, great quality pics 👌👍

Nice set up and start on the little ones GWH 😁... I'll be in back watching you do your thing.... Some one smells funny up front 👀🤣.

Have a great day :headbanger:
Glad to have you Happy Hazmat! :) Who smells funny up front?:hmmmm::rolleyes:
Mind if I follow 😬😁
Can't wait to see how this turns out, great quality pics 👌👍
Not at all onbailcuz, glad to have you along.:) Everyones welcome here!:love:

Back
Top Bottom