MAC (Miracle Alien Cookies) - Herbie's Seeds USA, By Gwhunran In Hydro

Dying to see if the little #4 has shed its membrane and started opening up :)
Good timing Carmen. :) I found things as pictured this morning, so you gave me a perfect excuse to put up some pictures:cheesygrinsmiley:. I was going to anyway later today and still plan to, because I'm moving the plants into the 6"/15.25cm net pots with clay pebbles. The little diy DWC is ready.

I'm happy that plant #4 decided to join her sisters.

MAC seed plus 7 days (1).JPG

MAC, 7 days from seed.:) The fourth one decided to join her sisters. The streak keeps going.:) Next up in a week or so five Purple Ghost Candy.:) Will the streak continue?:hmmmm:🙄

MAC seed plus 7 days (2).JPG

MAC, 7 days from seed.
:)
The fourth one decided to join her sisters. :love::cheesygrinsmiley:

Ah New beginnings!! You know I have always found more so than not , that the stragglers such as number 4 Generally have something special . In the last one that I had it was the flavor and aroma it was not like her sisters. It was better as well as different !! Some might have even called her a unicorn! I hope that is the case for you as well !!!

Ah New beginnings!! You know I have always found more so than not , that the stragglers such as number 4 Generally have something special . In the last one that I had it was the flavor and aroma it was not like her sisters. It was better as well as different !! Some might have even called her a unicorn! I hope that is the case for you as well !!!
Yep, I tend to be more of a realist, :rolleyes: but I'm also a person full of, or at least hanging on to hope.:)

MAC by Herbie's Seeds USA
Day 7 from seed.

Moved the MAC plugs into the 6" net pots with clay pebbles this afternoon. :)
The little tuperware diy DWC has a little less than recommended amounts of GH three part liquid nutrient solution for sprouts and CalMag+, and the recommended amount of Hydrogard. The solution was PHed at 6.0-6.5. #4 will get a little tops side watering for a day or two as it had less roots poking from the cube.

MAC Seed plus 7 days (1).JPG

MAC plus day 7 from seed. Moved the plugs into the 6" net pots with clay pebbles.

MAC Seed plus 7 days (2).JPG

MAC plus day 7 from seed. Moved the plugs into the 6" net pots with clay pebbles.

MAC Seed plus 7 days (3).JPG

Thanks Scottay,:) I learned on hydro. :) Prohibition kinda kept the outdoor stuff hard to pull off.:rolleyes: I don't know where I heard it, but it was said, "if you wouldn't feel good about standing there naked all day,🙄 then it's not a good place to grow the forbidden plant."🤠
When I had to sneak outside it was almost a mile walk uphill with 10 gallons of water (2 of us with 5 gallons each) just to get to the general area and maybe 200 yards on once reaching the top. I weighed 350 pounds @ that point. Lost damn near 80 pounds that summer!!! 🤣😂 Once I get back to it inside I'd like to try a hempy in addition to my regular soil plants. Love watching everyone smash it though! Happy Sunday buddy!! Grow on!! 😎✌️

When I had to sneak outside it was almost a mile walk uphill with 10 gallons of water (2 of us with 5 gallons each) just to get to the general area and maybe 200 yards on once reaching the top
I was expecting to hear how deep the snow was, but I guess that wouldn't go well in a weed-growing tale! 😁

When I had to sneak outside it was almost a mile walk uphill with 10 gallons of water (2 of us with 5 gallons each) just to get to the general area and maybe 200 yards on once reaching the top. I weighed 350 pounds @ that point. Lost damn near 80 pounds that summer!!! 🤣😂 Once I get back to it inside I'd like to try a hempy in addition to my regular soil plants. Love watching everyone smash it though! Happy Sunday buddy!! Grow on!! 😎✌️

I was expecting to hear how deep the snow was, but I guess that wouldn't go well in a weed-growing tale! 😁
All my early weed growing in my teenage years, ended badly. 🙄 Just didn't understand tilled soil, mostly sunny site, and truly hidden. :rolleyes: It either didn't grow much, didn't get enough sun, or got ripped off.:rolleyes: One of the best attempts occurred on a little promontory point with about a 30ft/9meter drop down to water. Poison Ivy plants surrounded the tilled area. We had more than a 100 little plants, every bag of weed around that time was half seed so seed were plentiful.:rolleyes: Anyway one day we found our whole little crop gone, not even little stumps left.:oops: It wasn't even in flower.

A little context on my profile picture.
young r and d having a smoke.jpg

My late little brother with a pack of candy cigarettes.:love: He and I shared many cannabis adventures and I consider him with me during my grows, and I give him a little salute, when I fire one up. :) I'm the one above. Picture was taken in the mid sixties before I started first grade.

Started my @SeedsMan Purple Ghost Candy by Seedsman, feminized photoperiod seeds this morning. I'll be starting a journal soon and put a link in my signature. As always, all are welcome on my journals. There are many serious growers doing this comparative grow!

PGC Seedsman planting day 3-25-24 (6)2.JPG

Purple Ghost Candy by Seedsman. Planted this AM on 3-25-24. Will start journal shortly. @SeedsMan, @HashGirl, in case your keeping the chart. :)

MAC
Day 11 from seed.

The plants are continuing to look healthy. :) The light is running at 50% or 75 watts.
I'm feeling pretty confident #4 is going to make it to the flood and drain.:)

I've done my checks in the big grow area. Mainly setting the timers up and setting beginning light height. The flood and drain system is all hooked up, just have to add water and nutrients. Made sure the tray was level too, pretty important to ensure full draining.:rolleyes:

MAC Day 11 from seed (1).JPG

MAC, Day 11 since seed planted. Will be going into the big room soon. :)

MAC Day 11 from seed (3).JPG

MAC, Day 11 since seed planted.

MAC Day 11 from seed (4).JPG

MAC, Day 11 since seed planted. #4 sprout, the late one. :)

You've inspired me. I have just bought some MAC #1 auto fems :) It's the anti-inflammatory properties I'm after, plus I like wood, spice and citrus!

You've inspired me. I have just bought some MAC #1 auto fems :) It's the anti-inflammatory properties I'm after, plus I like wood, spice and citrus!
Thanks Carmen, :) I am hoping it's as good as some black market MAC I've sampled.:) I need the anti-inflammatory properties as well, :rolleyes: and those smells and taste appeal to me too. :love:

MAC (Miracle Alien Cookies)
Day 13 from seed.

The little sprouts are doing fine.:) I'll put a picture of them up tomorrow. :rolleyes:
Time was spent getting the grow area ready for the plants.🤠
The reservoir was loaded today with 50% of General Hydroponics recommended amounts of three part liquid nutrients for 17 gallons of water, in Early Growth. 35ml of PH down was added to get the reservoir to 6.5. 30ml of CalMag+ was also added.
The timers settings were rechecked :hmmmm:
Everything's set for tomorrow to move the plants in.:)

Sue 3-28-24 (1).JPG

MAC's future home in grow area called "Sue." The other grow area is called "Sally," a reference to a Jackson Browne song, included on the album Running on Empty.

Sue 3-28-24 (2).JPG

MAC's hydro flood and drain tray. A four hole pvc tray cover with a maintenance hole for a right handed person, cut above the fittings in the tray, so I can reach my hand in and clear away roots trying to follow the water back to the reservoir. :oops:

Sue 3-28-24 (3)2.JPG

Looking into the maintenance hole at the flush water pump line from the reservoir. The raised part is the overflow. When the pump is running, water fills the tray, up to the height of the overflow and then flows back into the reservoir as shown in the next picture. When the timer shuts the water pump off, water also drains back into the reservoir through the pump.

Sue 3-28-24 (6).JPG

Picture of water pump running in the reservoir, and the water level in the tray is at the overflow and draining back into the reservoir through the big hose shown. :)

MAC
Day 7 Veg.

The last seed poked out (#4) a week ago today. :) I moved the four little plants into the flood and drain today and found everything running normally several hours later.:)

I started a Purple Ghost Candy journal a few moments ago. Link in my signature.

MAC day 7 veg (2)2.JPG

MAC (miracle alien cookies)
Day 10 veg.

The plants are picking up speed. :) Seeing obvious new growth. :love::) The roots are in the flood and drain now. :cheesygrinsmiley::bong: Growth will continue to pick up speed as the roots spread around the tray and suck up all the O2 they want while in the drained state. 🤠

MAC day 10 veg (2).JPG

MAC (miracle alien cookies). Day 10 veg.

MAC day 10 veg (3).JPG

MAC (miracle alien cookies). Day 10 veg.

MAC
Day 11 veg.

Everything is working as expected. All the plants are putting on new growth. The PH is staying stable in the 6.0-6.5 range.
The reservoir was started on 50% of GH recommended amounts for 17 gallons in Early Growth. I've made two bumps of nutrients since the initial 50%. One more bump and the reservoir will be at 100% of the recommended amounts for Early Growth.

MAX day 11 veg (1).JPG

MAC (Miracle Alien Cookies). Day 11 veg.

MAX day 11 veg (3).JPG

MAC (Miracle Alien Cookies). Day 11 veg.

MAX day 11 veg (4).JPG

MAC (Miracle Alien Cookies). Day 11 veg. Little #4 :)

Day 13 veg.

The grow area is running normally.
The ambient temperatures have taken a dive, so the little electric oil radiator heater is taking up the slack in keeping the grow area at the desired temperature.
A last nutrient bump was added to the reservoir to reach General Hydroponics recommended amounts of three part liquid nutes for 17 gallons in Early Growth.
A CO2 bucket was added to the grow area this morning and monitor readings will be recorded.

MAC day 13 veg (1).JPG

MAC Day 13 veg,

MAC day 13 veg (2).JPG

MAC Day 13 veg,

MAC day 13 veg (3).JPG

MAC Day 13 veg,

MAC day 13 little 4 veg (4).JPG

MAC Day 13 veg, Little #4 in front. :)

MAC
Day 15 veg.

The grow area is running normally. :) Still using the electric oil radiator heater on an inkbird to keep things from getting too cold. Tomorrow the other grow area will be fired up so another light to add to the warmth of the room.
The reservoir continues to stay within the desired 6-6.5 PH. I bumped the light power up slightly as there are more leaves to soak it up. :)

MAC day 15 veg (1).JPG

MAC (miracle alien cookies). Day 15 veg.

MAC day 15 veg (2).JPG

MAC (miracle alien cookies). Day 15 veg.

MAC day 15 veg (3).JPG

MAC (miracle alien cookies). Day 15 veg. :)

Day 16 veg.
Grow area: Sue

The grow area is running normally. :) Decided to post pics as I moved the other plants, into the other grow area (Sally), today, and was already taking pictures.:cheesygrinsmiley:

The plants continue to look good and are quickly putting on new growth now. 🤠
The reservoir PH continues to stay in the desired 6.0-6.5 range. I'm only adding about a gallon a day to the res. to top it up.:hmmmm:

MAC day 16 veg (1).JPG

MAC (miracle alien cookies), day 16 veg.

MAC day 16 veg (2).JPG

MAC day 16 veg (3).JPG

MAC day 16 veg (4).JPG

MAC (miracle alien cookies), day 16 veg. #4 :)

GWH, you didn't get many photo ops while they were tiny! :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom