Greenblood's Grow: Stealth Mac Marijuana

Plants are looking very, very nice. Green and healthy, looking forward to seeing them grow into nice young ladies. Great job... + rep

High everybody,

OK so 12/12 and LST it is! I think I will start LST on the second plant in just a couple days. Thank you for the input and good vibes :Rasta:

Stealthy, I was thinking the same thing about the cans, but actually I removed some of my dog-food bag mylar because with it the temps rose above 90F and so I figured the same problem would occur with reflectors. I was hoping there's enough light at least for now, and I'd like to have my speakerbox operational by the time the plants are bigger.

CK I hope you can keep that 1K going!

Tokensmoke, the Hog is listed as an indica...I'm not complaining about that! Here's a link to where I read up on it at attitude:

"The Hog" :roorrip:

But remember, I got it from a bag and so there is a chance of mistaken identity. I also didn't think that the bag I had was very impressive. I mean, it looked and smelled great, but it seemed to lack potency. Then again, I did get a seed out of it I guess... perhaps it was just a poor grow sold at a quality price? Well if my little piggy is a big improvement, the joke will be on them!

Here is the pic update for Day 12! :Rasta:

IMG_3351_copy.jpg

IMG_3340_copy.jpg

IMG_3349_copy.jpg

So yeah, paper clips and shallow soil don't work much for keeping a healthy plant low to the ground! I got rid of those and used the tried and true string method. I remember when I first saw "lst" and I thought it must stand for something like "...string tying". Let me know if you think it looks good, or if it might be too far over or not far enough. Until I see this work with my own eyes, it's hard to imagine it actually working (despite the tons of pics I've seen here!) I wish I could set up my camera to do hourly pics or something, man, that would be pretty cool.

Plant #2 needs a name. I was thinking about "Otto's Blotto". I haven't come up with anything else I like. I guess I need to start LST on it, too, so I can get it going in the opposite direction. I ran out of time today, but I'm going to definitely get to it tomorrow.

Plants are looking very nice. and that little torture devise you set up for your plants looks like it will work very well. Great job...

The string (looks like a rope. HeHe) is just right, bend her a bit each day.
If you happen to snap the stem, as long as it still together it will heal just fine.That's called super cropping and folks do it on purpose all the time.:ganjamon:

Thanks guys! I was pretty busy yesterday and didn't get a chance to log on and update, these pics are from Day 13 and I will get today's (Day 14) up after work.

I tied up Otto's Blotto, and I learned on this forum that using hooks is a clever way to add flexibility, so I put christmas ornament hooks on the ends of my strings. It definitely is an easier way to adjust them!

Here are the pics!

IMG_3373_copy.jpg

IMG_3357_copy.jpg

IMG_3359_copy.jpg

IMG_3366_copy.jpg

IMG_3370_copy.jpg

IMG_3362_copy.jpg

IMG_3374_copy.jpg

I'll be back later, toke one for me! :roorrip:

Day 14:

IMG_3376_copy.jpg

IMG_3380_copy.jpg

IMG_3379_copy.jpg

...and then I tightened her up a bit...

IMG_3386_copy.jpg

- Thanks for reading, Cream! Glad you liked it. I kept a setup journal for this case, too, where you can see that I started with nothing but inspiration from this forum (and a drill bit).

OldMedMan, I've read about some supercropping a little higher up on a plant, but what happens if you break the bottom of the stem and it heals? Do you get new growth there?

Everybody wish Tokensmoke10 some good luck with his two new seedlings! I'm a little jealous of the space in his case...lol

Whoa greenblood, this is shaping up to be a very good journal.. Its kinda reminding me of dfw's fantastic grow(which is a compliment to both of ya). Amazing detail. Passionate too.
ummm
--> Thread tools
--> Subscribe to This Thread
--> Add Thread. :cheer::ganjamon:

yup yup, reps too +

:popcorn::surf:

Day 14:

IMG_3376_copy.jpg

IMG_3380_copy.jpg

IMG_3379_copy.jpg

...and then I tightened her up a bit...

IMG_3386_copy.jpg

- Thanks for reading, Cream! Glad you liked it. I kept a setup journal for this case, too, where you can see that I started with nothing but inspiration from this forum (and a drill bit).

OldMedMan, I've read about some supercropping a little higher up on a plant, but what happens if you break the bottom of the stem and it heals? Do you get new growth there?

Everybody wish Tokensmoke10 some good luck with his two new seedlings! I'm a little jealous of the space in his case...lol

No, but she will grow along the soil and that's what you want:grinjoint:
A win/win. :surf:

Thanks jmark, the strings are to pull the plants down and train them to grow more horizontally than vertically, this is supposed to result in new growth along the stem similar to how topping works, and hopefully there will be more colas and they will be closer together in terms of height (and shorter overall). Then you are able to keep the lights closer to more buds, which would be good for my limited space. It's called "LST" or low-stress training. Topping is considered high-stress training. I am going to try to keep up pictures of the stem daily in order to better see what is happening, because I've never done this before and don't really know what to expect.

I probably didn't explain that too well, but here's a great link with awesome pics:

LST How to do

Tokensmoke, I had read the same thing, it's true...using one container has been a result of my: a) lack of two correctly sized containers, b) laziness, c) belief that probably at least one will be male and I'll be yanking it anyway. I'm not proud of using a shortcut, but I'll try to fix it come grow #2.

Day 15!

IMG_3402_copy.jpg

IMG_3400_copy.jpg

IMG_3397_copy.jpg

IMG_3395_copy.jpg

IMG_3393_copy.jpg

IMG_3387_copy.jpg

IMG_3390_copy.jpg

So, these last three pics are of Miss Piggy, and I'm curious whether or not she's showing any signs of being affected by the LST so far, especially in the last picture, or if that is all just normal growth. What do you say?

Thanks for the photo reps Tiger Balm, I try! I do have a "better" camera, but for my purposes the small P&S I'm using for these pics gets into tight spaces much easier and it does a great job in my opinion, especially the super macro mode.

Back
Top Bottom