Greenblood's Grow: Stealth Mac Marijuana

I've never topped any plants. It sounds like fun.

Miss Piggy seems to be growing pretty short and fat, does anyone think I should try any topping along with my LST? Maybe lower down? Or should I just keep doing the LST and not worry about it? I'm not sure that a lot bushier is going to be much better than taller, it's not like I have a lot of space width-wise, height-wise or any other way!

I've never topped any plants. It sounds like fun.

Miss Piggy seems to be growing pretty short and fat, does anyone think I should try any topping along with my LST? Maybe lower down? Or should I just keep doing the LST and not worry about it? I'm not sure that a lot bushier is going to be much better than taller, it's not like I have a lot of space width-wise, height-wise or any other way!

Typically, topping is done at the new growth at the top. It causes the plant to heal it's top which allows the lower side branches to catch up a little bit. But it also creates 2 main stems at the point where you topped it which seems to increase yield. And yes, it's very common to top and LST, especially training the 2 main stems in opposite directions.

:peace:

heeres some ifo for you. Humbolt nutients make a nute thats called bushmast er this nutrient hlps kill the stretching period and pushes the plant to stash short and stout. this nutrient IMHO will help you in your situation. Just something for you to marinade on.

Typically, topping is done at the new growth at the top. It causes the plant to heal it's top which allows the lower side branches to catch up a little bit. But it also creates 2 main stems at the point where you topped it which seems to increase yield. And yes, it's very common to top and LST, especially training the 2 main stems in opposite directions.

That's what I was hoping to do at first. Then I had the second sprout pop up and now I'm not sure I should bother topping.

heeres some ifo for you. Humbolt nutients make a nute thats called bushmast er this nutrient hlps kill the stretching period and pushes the plant to stash short and stout. this nutrient IMHO will help you in your situation. Just something for you to marinade on.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'm pretty sure I saw that product at a local store so I will definitely look into it.

And in other news, today is the day I disclose my little setup to the lady of the house. Keep your fingers crossed for me! As a backup, I will suggest giving it away as a christmas gift, but I'm hoping to keep it here with me :)

Which does give me a little cause for concern. I will be doing some traveling during the holidays and will have someone watching the house, but it's not anyone I planned on giving info to. I may be out of the house for 4-5 days. I might need to water them by then, yes? Can they handle that long without water? Right now I'm watering every 3 days...

give them a good soak and cross your fingers. unless you can rig up a lil gravity feed tube. if you figure that out they can water themselves while you are gone. Or at least get a couple days of watering so that sould buy you some time. just a thought.

Another idea, is getting a small lil catcher/saucer under the plant and fill it up. The capillary action of the roots with bottom feed as necessary and should def last 4-5 days. Jus chiming in with an option for ya :cheer::popcorn:

Thanks for those options guys, they sound good. It looks like we're planning on being gone from Thursday morning to Sunday mid-afternoon, so that actually doesn't sound too bad right? I'm going to search for gravity feed tube and see what I can find and think of, if not that I will go with the saucer idea.

So...I struggled a bit yesterday with the best way to tell my wife about my project. In the end, I didn't "tell" her anything, I just went and got my case and brought it into the living room. She's seen the Mac before of course, so at first she didn't think anything of it. Then I sat it in front of her, and opened it up (lights off b/c it was unplugged). She did kind of a double-take, and was like "what's that?" I had mentioned PC case grows to her a couple of months before I joined up here, so my response to her was "it's exactly what you think it is!" So she looked at it, called me hilarious, and didn't really take all that much interest in it. I didn't go into details about how much effort I've put into this thing, although I really wanted to, I just let the little case speak for itself. The verdict? She doesn't care. She was wondering though how long it's been going on (3 weeks) and how she hasn't noticed it yet! I just told her I've been keeping it behind the litter box and that was enough explanation. I told her "sorry for keeping it a secret for a little while, but I wasn't sure if it would work anyway, and now that it is working I wanted to show you!"

She's totally awesome. I love her! It didn't seem to phase her at all that I had kept a secret from her for a couple weeks. I don't even know if her reaction would have been worse later on down the road. Our relationship has been built on a pretty firm foundation of anti-drama, we really try to avoid drama at all costs in every aspect of our life. That's why we had to move the hell away from our crazy families and start up a new life in New York City!

ANYWAY...

Enough with the sappy wife update. It's time for the bad news.

I did see little balls yesterday. I didn't take pics but you can be damned sure I will be posting pics at about 3pm today (eastern time). Maybe it will be Miss Piggy's sacrifice that will end up giving Otto's Blotto some room, and not the other way around. Bleh. Not liking that idea!

Way to man up and tell her bro... Its much better if you tell them stuff like that lol.
My wife is like that a... no-drama mama... if you will.
And she would be upset is she found something I had kept from her...even if I was going to tell her. its happened before and we obviously got through it though I didnt get laid or 3 days lol.

thats the perfect way to tell her. GREAT JOB!! Let the ladies speak to each other rather then you talk for MaryJane. anyhow yeah that saucer idea is a good idea. The gravity feed system if you can set it up will help you not only whil your out but if you can get it stealth enough maybe able to just do your watering for you. I have a feeling you can make something work to your advantage.

Aw shucks, thanks guys... yeah she's a special lady alright.

However, Miss Piggy seems to be an impostor!

IMG_3476_copy.jpg

IMG_3474_copy.jpg

By the knowledge I've gained from many fine pics in this forum, I'm going to go ahead and call this male...do you agree? Your input is appreciated, should I go ahead and yank it asap?

Here is a photo of Otto's Blotto:

IMG_3475_copy.jpg

Still fairly small, but about to take off with it's neighbor out the door!

Quick response, thanks. I'm sure others will also agree. Mr. Man probably doesn't have another hour of life in him. Oh well!

So has anyone done anything creative with their dead males? I was thinking about perhaps turning some small leaves into christmas ornament accessories...haha...that would be fun. Give them to 420 buddies as gifts. "Is that...a real pot leaf??"

IMG_3476_copy.jpg

IMG_3474_copy.jpg

By the knowledge I've gained from many fine pics in this forum, I'm going to go ahead and call this male...do you agree? Your input is appreciated, should I go ahead and yank it asap?

dammmmmmmmmn thats some big ass balls! :yikes:

Marijuana Mistletoe. I like it!

I'm calling this Day 18, since the remaining plant sprouted 6 days later than the first.

Otto's Blotto:

IMG_3477_copy.jpg

IMG_3478_copy.jpg

I'm not too terribly bummed about having to yank my first plant. It was fairly nice looking, but oh well. That's why I got two going, right? :cool:

I've got another watering planned for tomorrow. That's one of the things I've learned here and I've tried to be good at...not watering too soon. I thought for sure it was time to water during the beginning and then I checked and sure enough...wet at the bottom. I'm letting it dry completely out now and also making sure to give the soil enough water when it's time. I remember watering pretty much every day when I first grew so many years ago. Ha!

Nutes though, I might not be getting that correct so far. I read the fox farms feeding schedule but also the back of the bottle of Big Bloom I bought, and found differences. The back of the bottle said 4 tbsp/gal for every watering versus 2tbsp/gal for every other watering. I also read that it's harder to burn plants with Big Bloom than with just about every other nute. So, I went with 4tbsp/gal but every other watering. I've watered with nutes twice so far, with the second time being the last watering. Tomorrow would be just water.

IMG_3480_copy.jpg

Too much? I got nervous after reading about Tokensmoke10 planning on using only 1/4 of the recommended dosage from the feeding schedule, or 1/2 tbsp/gal, and here I am using 4tbsp/gal. What would you recommend I do tomorrow? Plain water, followed by 1tbsp/gal every other watering?

I do feel a little silly admitting it. Not only have I read other journals where using 1/2 or 1/4 of the recommended dosage was suggested, but I've also seen that nute burn seems to be one of the most common problems. I was tempted to fudge my numbers a little bit. But, you know what? Why would I lie to you guys, who are only here to help me? Besides, the proof is in the plant ultimately and I wouldn't want any advice to be skewed further by mistakes I've already made.

Here's to honesty, another one of those terrible stoner traits! :grinjoint:

The differences in dosages from the label to the website confuse me as well. The only reason I can come up with is that if you only use Big Bloom, for example, go with the label dosage of 4 tbsp/gal.; but since the website's feeding schedule for their Grow Big, Big Bloom, and Tiger Bloom are using more than 1 nute they lowered the amount to compensate for the added nutes.

Back
Top Bottom