Greenblood's Grow: Stealth Mac Marijuana

greenblood

SPROUT! :adore::adore::adore:

It feels so good to say that. I only joined this forum in early October, but with the info and advice I've found here, I have seeds in the dirt and now I have a sprout!

Due to the need to remain stealthy, you will have to wait a few more hours for a pic update, but I am able to at least start my grow journal. This feels like a big step for me! Partly because, with your help, I have a feeling I just might do ok in the long run.

Seeds:

1 "The Hog" (this is the one which has sprouted)
2 bagseed

Soil: fresh, hand-mixed soil with worm castings sold by an established gardener in Brooklyn

Nutes: I have some ff big bloom but am not using anything yet.

Lights: 4 light setup, 27w CFL's

Setup: Mac computer case, no more than 13" in height

---Feel free to check out my Mac setup from start to finish! Click below:

Greenblood's computer case build (complete)

I'll be back with more good info soon!

:icon_cool

Well everybody, here it is, 4:30...but trust me, I was working on this update at 4:20! That's about when I snapped this pic. :grinjoint:

IMG_3106_copy.jpg

Here is my lil' seedling! I first saw her yesterday evening, about 6pm.

Question: The seed shell was still hanging on yesterday but it was easy to remove (fell off at first touch). The rest of the stuff on that bigger leaf, do I need to remove that as well? It was there yesterday and is still there this morning.

I'm on my way! Now I'm going back to bed though. It's the weekend, what am I, crazy? Well, yes! :goof:

Well everybody, here it is, 4:30...but trust me, I was working on this update at 4:20! That's about when I snapped this pic. :grinjoint:

IMG_3106_copy.jpg

Here is my lil' seedling! I first saw her yesterday evening, about 6pm.

Question: The seed shell was still hanging on yesterday but it was easy to remove (fell off at first touch). The rest of the stuff on that bigger leaf, do I need to remove that as well? It was there yesterday and is still there this morning.

I'm on my way! Now I'm going back to bed though. It's the weekend, what am I, crazy? Well, yes! :goof:

Hi greenblood
I'm in for sure. Liked the case so much, just followed you here. Got a front row seat.:grinjoint:

I would leave whatever that is on that bud for few more days. it may straighten itself out. If you do touch again, do it with a pair of alcohol dipped tweezers. youngster's don't like any foreign germs.

Hope you have a great grow. :cheer:

Hi greenblood
I would leave whatever that is on that bud for few more days. it may straighten itself out. If you do touch again, do it with a pair of alcohol dipped tweezers. youngster's don't like any foreign germs.

Got it, sounds like good advice. I'll do that if I need to remove the seed shells from the other two sprouts too, if they make it above ground. :smokin:

:thanks: for your support, everyone! This next bong rip is for all of you: Tiger Balm, didimauw, sonzor, Tokensmoke10, Tariq, OldMedMan, and CFC10!

:bigtoke:

Hey, greenblood (vulcan?) - yes, often you have to pull those things off.

- I have been having a hard time germinating seeds with these spongy rapid rooter plugs - the medium does not pull off the seed hull. I have had to remove the seed hull, and have found that there is a kind of membrane (looks like it has a brown spot at the end) that i have to ease off before the cotyledon leaves can spread apart. I'm wondering if there is a better peat pot that will pull off the seed casings.

Note in general; plant with the pointy end up so the root can push out and then make its turn down into the soil. This makes the plant part up-side-down, so it has to pull out of the seed casings. The soil should help in scraping off the seed.

"The Hog" at 1.5 days old:

IMG_3109_copy.jpg

Yes, the leaf cleaned itself off. Now we can clearly see that this, sir, is marijuana. :rocker: Thanks for the tips, guys! That was a warm-up. Increasingly difficult questions will follow, I'm sure.

No sign of activity yet from the other two seeds. I started germing those a day later than the Hog, I planted them before the taproots really emerged (though I saw the shell beginning to part) and they are a different plant altogether so I'm not worried yet.

I switched back to using all 4 bulbs. I am using two 5500k bulbs and two 2700 bulbs. This was somewhat a budgetary decision, and I don't plan on vegging for long at all so I think it will work for me for the time being. I don't plan on keeping this type of mixed bulb use for any future grows. I am really considering fixing that now since I have such a limited space to grow in. We shall see.

The temperature is very high when the Mac case is covered by the cardboard printer box and the lights are on. With only two lights, temps were still 98F. Humidity also dropped to about 30%. When I remove the cardboard box, temps drop to 86 and humidity is around 40-45% and that's with all 4 lights running. Since the cardboard box is only a stealth component, I am leaving it off of the case as long as possible. There is only a risk of my wife entering the utility closet late in the evenings and on the weekends so this won't be hard to do. Once I start 12/12, the cardboard box will serve as a light sealer during the cooler dark period, which will certainly be during the times the wife is home.

Here are some pics of my case for those who haven't seen my setup thread:

IMG_5491_copy.jpg

IMG_2917.JPG

IMG_3083_copy.jpg

IMG_3081_copy.jpg

bud_watched.jpg

Whoops, how did that picture of dank bud get in there?:riskybusiness:

Great set up and your off and running soon as the others sprout .
Good luck on fooling the wife. I'm getting better at that myself.:ganjamon:

Seems like I get worse and time goes on lol or maybe she just knows me.

Tigerbalm: "greenblood" is just an old nickname I thought of when creating a poker account, referring to the color of weed and money! Though, the ratio of importance is heavily skewed towards the weed in my case, I'm actually not very materialistic, especially for living in NYC.

OldMedMan, Stealth1, thanks for hearing me about the wife. The two of us have a very good relationship, and as someone pointed out before, sometimes keeping secrets can be a bad thing. I'm trying to use my best judgement here, but I have been considering telling her about it (proudly) before the plant is full grown. I can't say that my decision will be totally based on the desire to be honest, though, as her approval would allow me to focus less on stealth and more on optimal growing conditions (and I already love my little baby so much!)

OK, now for the UPDATE! This is "Miss Piggy" (tentatively) at 3 days old:

IMG_3120_copy.jpg

IMG_3117_copy.jpg

IMG_3119_copy.jpg

She's leaning towards the lowest lights which are to the left, the light directly above her cannot come down quite as low now that I have the large fan installed. I'm thinking I can use the lean to my advantage for LST, what do you think?

Back
Top Bottom