Illest's Stealth Bagseed Grow - 2010

Hi illest, I guess I met your wife, KushMonster! :grinjoint: :peace:

Hey CocoJoe - yeah, she's the wife I've been referring to in the journal.

that is pretty stealthy, yo.

Yeah - have to be stealthy - otherwise I'd have a proper grow in a closet or a spare bedroom.

Same here.

I just saw the link in your wife's intro post so I thought I'd join too :)

Hey sungoddess, thanks for following and the reps!

lookin pretty good... im along for the ride:grinjoint:+reps

Thanks for the reps, I'm following your current grow - and your Blueberry Smack looks really nice.

Update: Day 27

I transplanted Plant Three - holyshit, that was scary. I almost dropped the red cup the plant was in, so it got shook pretty good. Then, the soil was a bit drier/looser than I thought it would be. But as far as I can tell, it went well - hopefully without a whole lot of shock.

Feeding tomorrow, and I'll take pics again next week.

I can't wait for my next grow. I'm going to take my time and not rush things like I did this time; also, my PC-case will be getting a little more work done to it. Interior fans, proper mounting of the lights, and maybe some vertical rails to slide the lights up and down, as well as for a SCRoG screen. I'm also thinking of starting the plants on 12/12 from seedlings.

Update: Day 28

Normally, I wouldn't update again so soon - but I need people to look at Plant One. What I thought was just some spots that hit the leaves from watering/feeding, might be something else. I've looked at sick plants and I'm going to again right now, to see what it might be so I can treat it, or just chalk it up to water spots and be more careful next time.

092628.jpg

The bottom leaves are the leaves that got burned when the light fell into the pot, so I'm not too worried about them, they've been dying for sometime. I just wasn't sure if I should cut them or not, so I left them on. The other spots are what I'm concerned about.

What my mind is thinking is, it's probably a pH issue, as I've not tested pH (don't have a meter or strips). I'd greatly appreciate help and advice.

A little more info, when I checked on the plants a couple of the times, the temp got up to about 92*F, which sucks but I had to close up the case for a little while. And my humidity is around 20-30%. Just throwing that out there to give as much info as possible.

Thanks everyone.

After reading the Plant and Pest Problem Solver, I'm thinking it's nuteburn. Which I guess is my fault. The Fox Farms feeding guide says every other watering, to feed. A lot of people say once a week - and some have said the FF feeding guide is supposed to be read as feeding once a week. I went with the feeding guide - so I'll stop that. I'm not going to flush my plants, as I think that will just cause more problems. I'll just water lightly every other day until next Saturday, though I am supposed to start the Week 3 feeding schedule on Wednesday (any thoughts?). The new growth all seems fine on Plant One, and Plant Three is looking okay too.

Plant One is also starting to have a hint of sweet and skunky smell. Mmmmmmm.

Good Luck with your grow! Hope everything gets solved. I just opened my grow box and smelled a hint of marijuana for the first time. I'm about 18 days in.

Take care!:cheer:

hey buddy, tbh it looks like nute burn. the FF nutes can burn pretty easily, id suggest going half strength, gauge your ladies' reaction, and proceed from there :peace:

So - I'm kind of unsure when I should throw my plants into veg. I'm not becoming impatient, it's more about the space issues I might run into. Plants are about 3 or 3.5 inches tall. Both plants are at 4 nodes. Plant one is bushier and has a thicker stem with thicker leaves. Plant Three is skinnier and and a stem that is getting to a decent thickness and skinny leaves. I have a total of about 13 inches of actual usable height. It was 19 days ago that I fed for the first time - and the plants have probably been above ground around two weeks if I remember correctly. One week less for Plant Three.

I'm thinking I want to send them into flower sometime this week. Again, this isn't me trying to rush things. I just don't want to have to cut flowering short because of height issues. Basically - the next feeding is going to be BB with GB, or TB with BB. My brain says throw it into veg - it'll only be a few days short of being 30 days from the first feeding. That's what I'll do.

073004.jpg

This is one week into flowering. The tall one on the left is Plant One. It shot way up pretty much over night. Plant Three is going a little slower. So - since I've encountered more growth in the beginning of flowering than I would have liked, once they show sex, if female, I'm going to put them somewhere where they'll have a little more room to grow.

I've got two 23w 2700K lights on top, and one coming in from the side. Plant One is growing really close to the light, but no burning, so I figure that will be okay. Thoughts?

Yeah - no more problems. Other than rapid growth, but that's not really a problem. I switched the plants again, Plant Three is now on the left, near the lights. Probably going to go the "dfw-guy" route and throw them in a big cardboard box. Since I'll likely outgrow this case. The stealthness of it has been tested a lot this week, and no one is the wiser.

I am about five weeks into flower, and I've got a ton of white hairs, but it doesn't seem like my buds are growing. I know I'm dealing with bagseed, so that's one thing that might have to do with it. Also, I haven't got any Tiger Bloom - when I went to the shop, they were sold out and I've not made it back to the shop.

I have the main cola, and about four budsites that just seem like they are only hair. I know I still have about 3 weeks to go before harvest (if flowering for two months), but the buds don't seem big at all. Maybe it'll take longer, since it's more about trich color and such.

Pics:

104704.jpg

104728.jpg

The damaged leaves are from the plant growing into the light when it was still in the PC case. I transplanted into a bigger pot, with fresh FFOF, and it showed no signs of thirst for almost a week, and still hadn't been droopy when I fed yesterday - so my feeding and watering schedule kind of got messed up. I'm thinking that might have something to do with the lack of size, in addition to only using Big Bloom for flowering. I'm using 3 23W 2700k bulbs, so I don't think it's the lighting.

The one thing that I'm getting from this grow is that I definitely want Ceramic, MH/HPS when I get some proper beans.

Back
Top Bottom