Bagseed Grow - DustyOldBones

DustyOldBones

DOB here...

First off...
I've been growing for many years now, living in Eastern Europe and Southeast Asia has helped me meet some very helpful people. I was introduced to this forum by a private breeder I have come to know over the years, however I never had the intention or know-how to actually become a member. Once I got around to learning how to use a computer, it was just a matter of time before I became a member.

Anyway...

This first journal will be a bagseed grow just for fun. I just moved into my new residence, so this will be my first cycle since purchasing the place.
For the past few cycles I've used 5gal Hempys w/ straight perlite growing an original Ortega#1 that I got as a clone from a friend on Vancouver Island. 1000w Digital mh/hps is used along with cfls for seedlings. I'm working on obtaining some T5s but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Because I'm not going to spend any money on this grow and sad fact that most of my property is still in storage in another country, I'll have to use my 150w for now. I'm going to go the old fashion way and use soil for this cycle, 100% organic compost with bonemeal and bloodmeal added to make sure I don't need any nutes until flowering.

My grow area is about 10' x 8' x 10', so I'll have plenty of space. Once I get established enough, I'll get around to putting panda poly on the walls.

Three days ago I scuffed and soaked 35 bagseeds that I've collected, 24hrs later they were put in wet paper towels in a ziploc bag and placed on the heatmat. Tonight they will be placed in a seedling mix and put in the humidity dome atop the heatmat in a 10x20 tray.

That's it for now, my hands hurt.

DOB

Re: Bagseed grow-DUSTYOLDBONES-

:welcome: to 420Mag! I am looking forward to reading your journal and talking with a fellow traveller. I hope you get all your storage stuff straightened out and decide to stay with us. Why not drop the Our 420 LOUNGE - 420 Magazine and Introduce Yourself - 420 Magazine giving all a chance to meet and greet you. I am sure we will become great friends and you will enjoy the site.
:allgood:Again let me :welcome: you to Our 420Mag Family!:allgood: :blunt::woohoo:
:theband::tommy: :headbanger::headbanger::

:slide::cheer::slide::cheer::goodluck:

Thanks Wingman, your hospitality is greatly appreciated. I'll go on to the "Introduce Yourself" section shortly.

I hope that we do become aquainted properly during my time on this site.

Cheers!

Taproots showed this morning, about thirty or so have popped. The average length is about a 1/4"...

They'll go into peat pots soon as they are all about a 1/2"

HI DOB,welcome there are some really good people here.I'm an old fart,started growing last winter.Good luck, i'm subed

:lot-o-toke:HH

Hello Hypo, glad to see im not the only geezer.

Wish i could post some pictures but i dont have one of those new cameras, ive heard they arent too expensive and have thought about shoping around, so we'll see.

Hello Hypo, glad to see im not the only geezer.

Wish i could post some pictures but i dont have one of those new cameras, ive heard they arent too expensive and have thought about shoping around, so we'll see.

Ya DOB hope you can find a digi camera,the older 2.3 megapixel shouldn't be more than 15-20 bucks. your only allowed 1mega byte pictures so you wouldn't have to resize them.:lot-o-toke:
HH

Thanks guys, I'll look for one online today.

So about thirty popped successfully, 85% germ rate.

From those thirty, sixteen have sprouted from the peat pots. I only plan on keeping 2-3 females in the end, I just like to have a good amount of seeds to screen through.

If the remaining fourteen don't pop by tonight, I'll trash them.

-DOB

So my doctor showed me how to use the camera on my phone..... here we go.

The Four I Picked Out-
10-20-10_2229.jpg

The Tallest-
10-20-10_2232.jpg

Again w/ clone hempy containers in background-
10-20-10_2231.jpg

Ive decided that I'm going to clone the mothers to death once my stuff gets here. (which it looks like won't be here until Janurary-ish) So that should give these specimen plenty of time for vigurous veg growth. I won't start counting the days until 11-28, which will be the fisrt day of the first week of veg growth. I'll start feeding sometime in the first week of November, that should give them plenty of time to get established.

I'll be doing a Hempy style grow w/ the clones. Three clones will grown in each 5gal bucket (x5) and five clones will be grown in the icechest for a total of 20 clones.

The plan may change, but thats what I'm looking at right now...

DOB

Yay DOB! I found your journal at last. :D Your ladies are on their way! How old are your sproutlings? Maybe our babies can race! :p It seems you caught a lot of member's attentions. I guess you are just that awesome. I'm glad we are seed buddies though. We like it the old fashioned way. ;) I can't wait to see your babies grow!!!

hey supernova! whats crackin?

They popped on around 10-15 and had sprouted on around 10-18. I don't start counting days until the plant is really alive and well... to me it's like a baby, you dont start counting until they are born....

I'm glad these guys have joined up, it's going to be a long one....

Old-fashioned is my middle name..... Dusty Old-fashioned Bones.....

sorry, kinda baked.... wasnt as funny when I read it aloud...

Its an old yamaha 650 that I just started working on. It'll probably never be complete, but hey, old habits die hard.

Hahaha, DOB, that was totally hilarious. Yeah, our babies are almost the same age!! Mine sprouted on the 20th I believe. So they are some what close. And hey, if I do have a girl on my hands, then we would be harvesting around the same time as well! ^_^ that would be awesome!

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Smoke Report?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom