LST How to do

Hi all , there are many great ways to do LST Low Stress Training ....This is method I use that has good results for me. If you would like to try it just hit me up here or in my hydro journal if ya have any questions.

OK so you want to tie your ladies down hey :cheer:
First make sure plants are ready to tie down

Height/Heath
IMG_2205.JPG

Plant above is too small and has nuke problem/Deficiencies
First make sure they are healthy and about this big
lst_2_1.JPG

About 5 or 6 inches is when i start ...and first thing i do is secure the bottom of stem....don't want to rip out the roots :smokin:
lst_6_1.JPG

Then find spot where you will begin.
lst_7_1.JPG

Important... the first tie down is directly opposite of where you secured stem at bottom
lst_9_1.JPG

gently place in medium and wrap hook around stem,under a leaf stem if you can...also right in between nodes is ok just watch they don't move and crush bud sites
Now where wire goes into medium you want to push that in as you adjust wire (bends easy ...any shape you want) and pull plant down a little at a time if it bends hard or you think it will snap ...Take a couple days little at a time to get it where you want it
lst_10_1.JPG

i put mine about level to top of pot and follow the pot around as it grows i add wires making a circule around pot
10day_2_1.JPG

After they turn back to light let them grow a few more inches before using same idea and follow edge of pot all the way around...
2weeks2.JPG

2weeks_8_.JPG

2weeks_7_.JPG

Here are a couple more clones with same lst
8615.JPG

about 6 inches tall
86_8_.JPG

this one also needed to be filled so cover up Anchor wire to secure stem
86_9_.JPG

86_7_.JPG

86_10_.JPG

Let them grow a few inches and turn to follow pot edge....
lst9.JPG

tiedown2_7_.JPG

always push wire in medium from bottom so you are pulling plant/stem down...dont push...cause if it slips ...it snaps :cheer:
tiedown2_10_.JPG

tiedown2_8_.JPG

continue around the pot and tie down after it grows a few inches 3-4
10day_11_.JPG

What happens is all the side branches grow and you end up havening a lot of bud sites even at top
812_6_.JPG

the pot starts to fill...these were veged for 12 days then put in 12/12 so going for stretch to stop at other end of pot where i started. (yellow pots)
Blue pot i will veg for another week or two. and will post more pics of these 3 as they are tied down :popcorn: :peace: all... and green mojo to you all :cheer:

Great idea....no reason outside plants can't be trained :goodjob:
OK here is a update on LST progress 2 weeks later.....
IMG_00513.JPG

I let them grow a bit then tie them down
Setting Sun pointed out a great tip for lst....always water a couple hours before training so stem will be more flexible/less likely to SNAP!
IMG_00494.JPG

IMG_00483.JPG

IMG_00463.JPG

IMG_00472.JPG

IMG_00494.JPG

Man thats unbelievable..You always hear bending them down ,but this is the first time Ive seen it ..WOW ive been a fool Thanks for the picts

I didn't see it mentioned here, but I see a lot of people asking why we LST.

To put it in the simplest terms, Cannabis is a plant that grows vertically, and attempts to get as tall as it can to reach above everything around it to catch the airborne pollen released by the male plants. If you bend the top down and tie it off, the plant "panics" and redirects its growth hormones into its lower branches and attempts to make them turn into new colas, forcing them up towards the light in hopes to grab pollen when it starts flowering. New colas = buds that the plant is trying to really fatten up in order to reproduce.

In addition to creating new colas, LST creates a short, wide canopy which allows growers to keep the light closer to the plant, which provides more light to all areas of the plant, rather than just the top. We know the additional light helps to grow fatter buds. If the grower is using florescent lighting, this is in my opinion a MUST as fluorescent lighting, as the light is much less intense than MH/HPS or any other form of HID.

Hope this helps someone out there.

I didn't see it mentioned here, but I see a lot of people asking why we LST.

To put it in the simplest terms, Cannabis is a plant that grows vertically, and attempts to get as tall as it can to reach above everything around it to catch the airborne pollen released by the male plants. If you bend the top down and tie it off, the plant "panics" and redirects its growth hormones into its lower branches and attempts to make them turn into new colas, forcing them up towards the light in hopes to grab pollen when it starts flowering. New colas = buds that the plant is trying to really fatten up in order to reproduce.

In addition to creating new colas, LST creates a short, wide canopy which allows growers to keep the light closer to the plant, which provides more light to all areas of the plant, rather than just the top. We know the additional light helps to grow fatter buds. If the grower is using florescent lighting, this is in my opinion a MUST as fluorescent lighting, as the light is much less intense than MH/HPS or any other form of HID.

Hope this helps someone out there.

Thanks thats what I wanted to know. going to give it ago next time

:thanks: TheCriMsonK20 that is a awesome explanation :goodjob: and :thanks: brother grower :passitleft:

:thanks: Screwnuts33 would be nice to see side by side and i kind of had one going but choped one of two ladies for some smoke :yummy: they were real close IMO yeild wise had i choped other plant little more with LST....not really enough plants to get good guess on how much more if any ....would need more than two to be sure.

:thanks: SS that picture is of first two clones i ever planted in same pot...and last two I ever planted in same pot lol...Before
IMG_09312.JPG

After
IMG_1561.JPG

And under the hood look after taking wires off
IMG_1556.JPG

:thanks: Baja Big Dog :passitleft:

:welcome: wifecaretaker GL hope it works as well for you :cheer:

Looks great for first time MattCarnage :goodjob: :roorrip:

Tunes,
Once my seedlings get a little bigger I will start LSTing one of each of the strains. I currently have 16 strong heathy looking seedlings of 7 different strains. Hoping to end up with 2 ladies of each strain so I can LST half and let the other half go.

Back
Top Bottom