Golden Tiger - In Hydro By Gwhunran 2023

Golden Tiger
Day 102 since flip.

The grow area is running normally. :)

The electric oil radiator heater was hooked up to and inkbird and set to 55F/13C. I don't think the room will get that cold during lights off, but the daytime highs are still going to be cool and things won't heat up as much during the day. :hmmmm: :)

The flowers continue to ripen.:cheesygrinsmiley:

GT Day 102 flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 102 flower.

GT Day 102 flower (2).JPG

GT Day 102 flower (3).JPG

GT Day 102 flower (5).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 102 flower. Back right corner, Thai pheno.

GT Day 102 flower (4)2.JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 102 flower. Big frosty Thai pheno in the back that doesn't get many photos taken.:rolleyes:

GT Day 102 flower (4)3.JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 102 flower. Close up of the trichs on the previous photo neglected bud.:oops:

Golden Tiger
Day 103 since flip.

The grow room is running normally. :)

The flowers are ripening.:)

A compromise is going to be made to the harvest. :hmmmm: I was planning on harvesting at day 120 since flip.:hmmmm: The Malawi Killer pheno is ready and the Thai phenos could go longer.:hmmmm:
I will put them on PHed water at Day 105:) and harvest at Day 110.:) We'll see how they look.:cheesygrinsmiley::bong:

GT Day 103 flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 103 flower.

GT Day 103 flower (2).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 103 flower.

GT Day 103 flower (4).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 103 flower. Malawi Killer pheno.

GT Day 103 flower (3).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 103 flower. Malawi Killer pheno stalk.

GT Day 103 flower (3)2.JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 103 flower. Close up of previous photo.

Golden Tiger
Day 104 since flip.

The grow area is running normally.:)

The grow area temperatures hit 55F/13C for a low this morning, so the heater probably ran some. :hmmmm: The current temperature(11:00AM) in the grow area is 72F/22C, due solely to the lights,dehumidifier, and reservoirs. Outside ambient is 38F/3C.

The plants continue to ripen.:bong::cheer:

GT Day 104 flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 104 flower.

GT Day 104 flower (4).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 104 flower.

GT Day 104 flower (3).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 104 flower. Thai phenotype.

GT Day 104 flower (3)closeup.JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 104 flower. Close up of previous Thai phenotype photo.:love:

GT Day 104 flower (5).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 104 flower. Malawi Killer phenotype.

GT Day 104 flower (5)closeup.JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 104 flower. Close up of previous Malawi Killer pheno picture. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Golden Tiger
Day 105 since flip.

The flowers continue to ripen.:)

I decided to put off going to straight water until tomorrow. :hmmmm: The afternoon ambient temperature should be fairly warm,:)which should make the reservoir refill water a little less chilly.:oops: I doubt a day delay will make a significant difference in flower quality.:):bong:

GT Day 105 flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 105 flower.

GT Day 105 flower (2).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 105 flower. Mostly Thai pheno stalks from front and right plants. Malawi Killer pheno stalks laying down under the 2nd screen on the left.

GT Day 105 flower (3).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 105 flower. Malawi Killer pheno on left under screen, tall Thai pheno on right. :)

GT Day 105 flower (4).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 105 flower. Thai pheno.

GT Day 105 flower (4)close up.JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 105 flower. Close up of previous Thai pheno pic.

GT Day 105 flower (5).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 105 flower. Thai pheno.

GT Day 105 flower (5)Close up.JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 105 flower. Close up of previous Thai pheno picture.

Golden Tiger
Day 106 since flip.

The Golden Tiger will go on straight water till harvest later today.:) Just waiting on the ambient temps to warm up more before changing it as I am using cold tap water.:rolleyes:
I'll change the Colombian Gold reservoir at the same time with another Late Bloom fill.:) I forgot to mention it in the CG post.:rolleyes::cheesygrinsmiley:

GT Day 106 flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 106 flower.

GT Day 106 flower (2).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 106 flower.

GT Day 106 flower (3).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 106 flower. Malawi Killer stalks on the left, under the screen. :) Tall ones on the right, Thai phenos.:)

GT Day 106 flower (5).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 106 flower. Ripend up Thai phenos.:)

GT Day 106 flower (4).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 106 flower. Very nice fat and tall, Thai pheno stalk. :)

Golden Tiger
Day 107 since flip.

The plants are on their first full day of straight water.:)

They continue to ripen. Still planning on harvesting on Day 110, but maybe 111.:hmmmm::)

The tester bud has been tried in the bong and in some joints, mostly as a "wake and bake". It's already okay smoked as joints.:) Good buzz, all in the head, can make the ADD tendencies a little worse. :hmmmm::cheesygrinsmiley:

Going to two post at a time until harvest, to get more pictures of ripening buds.:)

GT Day 107 flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 107 flower.

GT Day 107 flower (2).JPG

GT Day 107 flower (3).JPG

GT Day 107 flower (4).JPG

Golden Tiger
Day 107 since flip.

Individual flowers and close ups.:)

GT Day 107 flower (5).JPG

GT Day 107 flower (5)2.JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 107 flower. Close up of previous photo.

GT Day 107 flower (6).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 107 flower. Thai pheno.

GT Day 107 flower (7).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 107 flower. Close up of previous Thai pheno.:)

GT Day 107 flower (7)closeup.JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 107 flower. Even closer close up of previous Thai pheno.:)

GT Day 107 flower (8).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 107 flower. Malawi Killer pheno.

GT Day 107 flower (8)closeup.JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 107 flower. Close up of Malawi Killer flower in previous photo.:)

GT Day 107 flower (8)closeup2.JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 107 flower. Even closer photo of previous Malawi Killer pheno.:) focus:confused:

Oh yes
Golden Tiger
Day 107 since flip.

Individual flowers and close ups.:)

GT Day 107 flower (5).JPG

GT Day 107 flower (5)2.JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 107 flower. Close up of previous photo.

GT Day 107 flower (6).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 107 flower. Thai pheno.

GT Day 107 flower (7).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 107 flower. Close up of previous Thai pheno.:)

GT Day 107 flower (7)closeup.JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 107 flower. Even closer close up of previous Thai pheno.:)

GT Day 107 flower (8).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 107 flower. Malawi Killer pheno.

GT Day 107 flower (8)closeup.JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 107 flower. Close up of Malawi Killer flower in previous photo.:)

GT Day 107 flower (8)closeup2.JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 107 flower. Even closer photo of previous Malawi Killer pheno.:) focus:confused:
Oh yes! Looking awesome mate.

Oh yes

Oh yes! Looking awesome mate.
I'll be chopping in a few days. :) The plan is cut stalks and hang them a few meters away, keeping the stalks separated by plant. :hmmmm::) So three groups of stalks. I'll then commence to rough trimming the stalks on the spot. :hmmmm: After no more than two days,:hmmmm: I'll trim off the lower buds on the stalks and make COB with the very moist flower. :) I'm glad I had the trial run with the 5th Fuel D.OG. :hmmmm: I've got a good stainless steel dehydrator, that will be put to good use.😎:cheesygrinsmiley:

Golden Tiger
Day 108 since flip.

They have been on straight water for a couple of days now. :) I really can't tell any difference in the plants.:hmmmm::rolleyes:

A couple of days till harvest.:cheesygrinsmiley::cheer:

GT Day 108 flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 108 flower.

GT Day 108 flower (2).JPG

GT Day 108 flower (5).JPG

GT Day 108 flower (3).JPG

GT Day 108 flower (4).JPG

GT Day 108 flower (4)close up.JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 108 flower. Close up of previous picture.

Golden Tiger
Day 108 since flip.

They have been on straight water for a couple of days now. :) I really can't tell any difference in the plants.:hmmmm::rolleyes:

A couple of days till harvest.:cheesygrinsmiley::cheer:

GT Day 108 flower (1).JPG

GT Day 108 flower (2).JPG

GT Day 108 flower (5).JPG

GT Day 108 flower (3).JPG

GT Day 108 flower (4).JPG

GT Day 108 flower (4)close up.JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 108 flower. Close up of previous picture.
I’m curious about if you still think that the short veg time has gotten the best out of your GT? CL🍀. :morenutes: :cheer:

I’m curious about if you still think that the short veg time has gotten the best out of your GT? CL🍀. :morenutes: :cheer:
It could have gone longer, but no more than another week. :hmmmm: I may not go higher than 12inches/30.5cm, between my 1st and 2nd screen:hmmmm:, on expected tall grows, in the future.:) If that's not enough, I'll probably be getting too close to the light anyway.:rolleyes:
The stalks are solid flower from the 1st to the 2nd screen on the ones that are standing vertical. :) On most grows with wide leaves you just can't get enough light deep into the grow,:hmmmm: running a scrog,:oops: so a thick canopy, will only give you bud near the top.:confused:
The thin leafed strains will let light in deep.:love::cheesygrinsmiley:

Will you be growing another round of GT. I just placed a order for some GT seeds. Looking forward to growing it. I've been curious about that strain for years
I’m going to tell you what I told GW about GT. It doesn’t like nutes very much so a little is better. When it starts flowering I cut back almost all the N. It’s very easy to get nutrient burn 🔥 so go slowly anything you do. CL🍀

It could have gone longer, but no more than another week. :hmmmm: I may not go higher than 12inches/30.5cm, between my 1st and 2nd screen:hmmmm:, on expected tall grows, in the future.:) If that's not enough, I'll probably be getting too close to the light anyway.:rolleyes:
The stalks are solid flower from the 1st to the 2nd screen on the ones that are standing vertical. :) On most grows with wide leaves you just can't get enough light deep into the grow,:hmmmm: running a scrog,:oops: so a thick canopy, will only give you bud near the top.:confused:
The thin leafed strains will let light in deep.:love::cheesygrinsmiley:
You did a great job keeping them healthy for this long. They aren’t the easiest strain to make happy though such a long flowering time. I think your growing style works better for GT than most other ways. CL🍀. :morenutes: :popcorn:

Will you be growing another round of GT. I just placed a order for some GT seeds. Looking forward to growing it. I've been curious about that strain for years
Probably not in the near future. I can get in four strains in a season and after smoking something for a year, I usually go for something new. I have some ACE Panama Bangi Haze feminized photos that I plan on running during the 2nd grow next year. Good luck with it. I had better luck giving them half the normal amount of nutrients in hydro.

You did a great job keeping them healthy for this long. They aren’t the easiest strain to make happy though such a long flowering time. I think your growing style works better for GT than most other ways. CL🍀. :morenutes: :popcorn:
Thanks Capn. :) I think they flowered well, despite me.:rolleyes: Those leaves really look rough and have for a while but as @Melville Hobbes implied, "we don't smoke/vape those." :cheesygrinsmiley: It would have looked better, if I'd gotten three Thai phenos, but then I wouldn't be smoking the Malawi Killer pheno either.:hmmmm::oops:
We'll know real soon the quantity under there:hmmmm:, and I think there will be quite a bit.:cheesygrinsmiley::bong:

Thanks Capn. :) I think they flowered well, despite me.:rolleyes: Those leaves really look rough and have for a while but as @Melville Hobbes implied, "we don't smoke/vape those." :cheesygrinsmiley: It would have looked better, if I'd gotten three Thai phenos, but then I wouldn't be smoking the Malawi Killer pheno either.:hmmmm::oops:
We'll know real soon the quantity under there:hmmmm:, and I think there will be quite a bit.:cheesygrinsmiley::bong:
I’m sure yours will be like mine was. All buds on every branch. The thin leaves 🍃 allows the light 💡 to penetrate way down the branches. Btw what kind of light 💡 are you using? CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:

I'm with you on the thin leaves and light penetration. If it would have been fat leafed, there wouldn't have been so much flower down low. :)
I'm using HLG(Home Lighting Group) 600Rs. I had a hard time deciding as I was going from HIDs (HPS and MH) to LEDs and was worried about getting equal performance. I was pretty impressed with HID performance and couldn't believe those "little lights" could possibly match my High Pressure Sodium sealed fixtures. :rolleyes: Anyway, the LEDs proved me wrong and I'm happy with them. I've still got a lot of HID gear, some of it still new in the box.
I was mostly on another site at the time, when I started looking for LEDs and with my distrust of hyped up advertising and many of the growers, "Ford vs. Chevy vs. Dodge", I didn't know what to believe.:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom