Golden Tiger - In Hydro By Gwhunran 2023

Golden Tiger
Testers and phenos.

The Malawi Killer pheno is dry after less than a week, :hmmmm: so I made sure I had a clean bong and bowl and did a wake and bake this morning.:bong:
At this stage pre cure, it taste okay already, pretty smooth, no real problem taking a lung full, not too expanding at this stage.:hmmmm: The taste reminds me of the Panama so far. :hmmmm: The bud I cut is a bit airy compared to typical hybrids.:hmmmm:
It's all head buzz with no body stone that I can detect. :)

I've got a Thai pheno tester drying too but it's a couple days behind the Malawi pheno.:)

GT testers Day 90s (4).JPG

Golden Tiger tester bud cut after day 90 something of flower. Malawi Killer phenotype.

GT testers Day 90s (5).JPG

Golden Tiger tester bud cut after day 90 something of flower. Malawi Killer phenotype.

GT testers Day 90s (3).JPG

Nice n frosty 🥶 to I see but compared to a hybrid Sativa would you say the same, stronger or a lot stronger? CL🍀

Golden Tiger
Day 96 since flip

The grow area is running normally.:)

The flowers look as if they are ripening more.:hmmmm::cheesygrinsmiley:

The roving security is still MIA.:hmmmm::rolleyes:

GT Day 96 flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 96 since flip.

GT Day 96 flower (2).JPG

GT Day 96 flower (3).JPG

GT Day 96 flower (4).JPG

GT Day 96 flower (5).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 96 since flip. Malawi Killer pheno just laying down on the left side under the 2nd screen.:rolleyes::cheesygrinsmiley:

GT Day 96 flower (6)2.JPG

GT Day 96 flower (7).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 96 since flip. Frost on a Thai pheno.

GT Day 96 flower (7) close up.JPG

A closer look at the trichs on the previous bud. focus lacking:rolleyes:

Nice n frosty 🥶 to I see but compared to a hybrid Sativa would you say the same, stronger or a lot stronger? CL🍀
Can't tell yet Capn. :hmmmm: It's not too strong yet. :hmmmm: If it behaves at all like the Panama,:) it will be some time before it hits it's peak. :hmmmm::bong:

Takes a few months to reach full strength.
My thoughts too. :hmmmm: Not too long after the wake and bake with the piece of Golden Tiger, i'm hitting the not cured yet, Wedding Cake. :):bong: It's supposed to be Triangle Kush x Animal Cookies, I think.:hmmmm::)
Anyway, the two strains complement each other. :) I'm pleasantly stoned at the moment.:love:

Golden Tiger
Day 97 since flip.

The grow area is running normally. :)

The flowers ripening.:)

Sampled another bowl of the Malawi Killer pheno this morning's wake and bake and held off smoking any other strains for a couple of hours to better focus my impressions. :rolleyes:😎 It's definitely all in the head.:) It had me looking at all the fall colors in the big hardwood trees on the property.:love: I think it shows promise for sensory boosting.:love::love::love::cheer:
The roving security is still MIA.:rolleyes::passitleft:

GT Day 97 flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 97 flower.

GT Day 97 flower (2).JPG

GT Day 97 flower (3).JPG

GT Day 97 flower (4).JPG

Golden Tiger
Day 98 since flip.

The grow area is running normally.

The flowers are still ripening.

GT Day 98 flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 98 flower.

GT Day 98 flower (2).JPG

GT Day 98 flower (3).JPG

GT Day 98 flower (4).JPG

GT Day 98 flower (5).JPG

GT Day 98 flower (6).JPG

GT Day 98 flower (7).JPG

GT Day 98 flower (8).JPG

GT Day 98 flower (8) Close up.JPG

Golden Tiger
Day 99 since flip.

Just watching the flowers ripen. :):bong:

GT Day 99 flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 99 flower.

GT Day 99 flower (3).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 99 flower. Thai phenos in front and on right.

GT Day 99 flower (4).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 99 flower. Malawi Killer pheno.

GT Day 99 flower (5).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 99 flower. Thai pheno close ups and extra closeups.

GT Day 99 flower (5) close up.JPG

GT Day 99 flower (6).JPG

GT Day 99 flower (6) close up.JPG

Golden Tiger
Day 92 since flip.

The grow area is running normally.:)

The plants continue to build flower and overlooking the previously nutrient burned foliage, the new growth is looking good.:)

Got a full time security girl to keep an eye on the GT if she doesn't decide to run off.:hmmmm::cheesygrinsmiley: Last picture.:cheer:

GT Day 92 flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 92 flower.

GT Day 92 flower (2).JPG

GT Day 92 flower (3).JPG

GT Day 92 flower (4).JPG

GT Day 92 flower (5).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 92 flower. The Malawi Killer pheno colas just hanging out under the 2nd screen, not being very photogenic.

GT Day 92 flower (6).JPG

New 24 hour security rover. :cheesygrinsmiley: Hope she sticks around.:hmmmm: I had been watching her for a couple of days, hanging on to an outside basil plant in the cold, wind, and rain.:eek: It finally dawned on me I could give her a more inviting environment and she can eat any bug she finds and entertain me to no end. She's in more pictures but you have to look close. :):bong::cheer:
You might have to bring something for it to eat. Something that doesn’t eat cannabis though. Tigers looking much healthier. CL🍀

Congratulations on this GT grow!! I have been following along and once you identified the phenos and the flowers are almost ripe I am blown away the similarity of the Old Killer Malawi pheno and the Auto Malawi x Northern Lights I am growing now. The genetics are Old Killer Malawi x auto flowering Northern Lights. These strains most likely are step sisters!! Ace has killer genetics!!!! Here are a few shots of the flowers. I am 5 weeks into flowering and 3-4 weeks left. These plants are growing monster colas!!

AutoMalwaixNL.jpg
AutoMalwaixNL2.jpg

You might have to bring something for it to eat. Something that doesn’t eat cannabis though. Tigers looking much healthier. CL🍀
Capn. I think it's down below living it's best life. :) Lots of places to hide down there and it's hard to see sometimes when it's right in front of me. :hmmmm::rolleyes:
I've picked a Thai pheno bud to track for ripeness. It's the one I keep taking pictures of. Pretty easy to get to.:)
Not too much longer.:bong:

Congratulations on this GT grow!! I have been following along and once you identified the phenos and the flowers are almost ripe I am blown away the similarity of the Old Killer Malawi pheno and the Auto Malawi x Northern Lights I am growing now. The genetics are Old Killer Malawi x auto flowering Northern Lights. These strains most likely are step sisters!! Ace has killer genetics!!!! Here are a few shots of the flowers. I am 5 weeks into flowering and 3-4 weeks left. These plants are growing monster colas!!
Thanks UrbanGardner:), I wish I could take credit for the ID but it was Dubi at ACE. :rolleyes: I had them reversed, I thought the tall ones were the Malawi, as I had seen pictures of others Malawi and they look tall with the wide node spacing. :hmmmm::rolleyes: My Malawi Killer pheno is the shortest of the three. You are right, your buds look exactly like the Malawi Killer pheno's buds.:) The tester I've been sampling is all head buzz.:)
I'm a fan of ACE too. :) I've grown Panama with good results,:) and I'm planning on growing ACE's Panama Bangi Haze nest year as one of my grows. :):bong:

Thanks UrbanGardner:), I wish I could take credit for the ID but it was Dubi at ACE. :rolleyes: I had them reversed, I thought the tall ones were the Malawi, as I had seen pictures of others Malawi and they look tall with the wide node spacing. :hmmmm::rolleyes: My Malawi Killer pheno is the shortest of the three. You are right, your buds look exactly like the Malawi Killer pheno's buds.:) The tester I've been sampling is all head buzz.:)
I'm a fan of ACE too. :) I've grown Panama with good results,:) and I'm planning on growing ACE's Panama Bangi Haze nest year as one of my grows. :):bong:
Having access to Dubi is an invaluable resource for sure!!
I am a big fan of Ace. I grew Violeta (Purple Malawi x Purple Pakistan Chitral Kush) last year and it was awesome. I have a pack of Nepalese Jam coming up next. I have my eye on Congo for next year.

Having access to Dubi is an invaluable resource for sure!!
I am a big fan of Ace. I grew Violeta (Purple Malawi x Purple Pakistan Chitral Kush) last year and it was awesome. I have a pack of Nepalese Jam coming up next. I have my eye on Congo for next year.
Sounds like a good line up. The Panama Bangi Haze is the only ACE strain I'm probably going to run next year. I have a hard time picking strains, there's too many. I ordered some seeds last night for 2024. Peyote Gorilla and Purple Ghost Candy. I'm supposed to get the following freebies; 5-Blue Dream, 3-Witches Wedding ltd., 3-OG Kush, and 3-White Widow. All are Seedsman's own. Feminized photo period.

Links to them.
Peyote Gorilla feminized photo by Seedsman
Purple Ghost Candy, feminized photoperiod, by Seedsman
Blue Dream, feminized photoperiod, by Seedsman
Witches Wedding, feminized photoperiod, by Seedsman

Golden Tiger
Day 100 since flip.

The last warm day outside for a while.:oops: Plan on changing the reservoir tomorrow to half strength Ripen nutrient load. After that, the next change will be the last, straight water.:)

The flowers continue to ripen.:)
I have had a few bowls of the tester flowers this morning.:bong: It's a nice high already for uncured flower. :hmmmm::) One bowl equals a clear headed awake buzz, :) two bowls equals awake but more stoned,😎 and three bowls equals still, all in the head, but more droopy eyed, with simple things requiring a pause before action, to ensure no screw ups.:oops::cheesygrinsmiley:
I'll be cutting a few more stalks to start drying.😎 What I've got now won't last till full harvest.:hmmmm::rolleyes::cheesygrinsmiley:

GT Day 100 flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 100 flower.

GT Day 100 flower (2).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 100 flower.

GT Day 100 flower (3)2.JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 100 flower. One of the few upright Malawi Killer pheno stalks.

GT Day 100 flower (4).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 100 flower. Another semi upright Malawi Killer pheno stalks in the back corner.

GT Day 100 flower (4) close up of frost front thai.JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 100 flower. Zoomed in picture of previous buds trichs :oops:

GT Day 100 flower (5).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 100 flower. Thai pheno stalk. Easiest one to check trichs.:)

GT Day 100 flower (6).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 100 flower. Same stalk as previous Thai pheno photo just closer.:)

GT Day 100 flower (6)2.JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 100 flower. Close up of previous Thai pheno flower.:cheesygrinsmiley::love:

Golden Tiger
100 days since flip.

Cut a couple of stalks that were marginal in light exposure. :hmmmm: They should give me enough to sample, until the main harvest is dry.:cheesygrinsmiley:😎:bong:

GT harvest day 100 (3).JPG

Golden Tiger early cut for testing, until main harvest is dry. Both are Thai pheno.

GT harvest day 100 (1).JPG

Golden Tiger early cut for testing, until main harvest is dry. Both are Thai pheno.

GT harvest day 100 (2).JPG

GT harvest day 100 (5).JPG

GT harvest day 100 (4).JPG

Golden Tiger
100 days since flip.

Cut a couple of stalks that were marginal in light exposure. :hmmmm: They should give me enough to sample, until the main harvest is dry.:cheesygrinsmiley:😎:bong:

GT harvest day 100 (3).JPG

GT harvest day 100 (1).JPG

GT harvest day 100 (2).JPG

GT harvest day 100 (5).JPG

GT harvest day 100 (4).JPG

Dubi updated you and I think you’re going to like what he said. CL🍀

Dubi updated you and I think you’re going to like what he said. CL🍀
Your right Capn, :cheesygrinsmiley: I've never heard of White Phantom before.:hmmmm::) It's frosted up good for sure.:cheesygrinsmiley: I think the Thai phenos need more time.:hmmmm: It's Day 101 from flip, and I was planning on going 120 days. I just changed the reservoir this morning to Ripen from Late Bloom.
I will do my best to smell the Thai phenos and come up with an answer to, "what my nose tells me", during my check later today, and get back to him. The Colombian Gold next door, are more aromatic than the Golden Tiger and it's hard to say what the GT smells like.:hmmmm:I'll put my nose in it and come up with an answer.:rolleyes:😎

Your right Capn, :cheesygrinsmiley: I've never heard of White Phantom before.:hmmmm::) It's frosted up good for sure.:cheesygrinsmiley: I think the Thai phenos need more time.:hmmmm: It's Day 101 from flip, and I was planning on going 120 days. I just changed the reservoir this morning to Ripen from Late Bloom.
I will do my best to smell the Thai phenos and come up with an answer to, "what my nose tells me", during my check later today, and get back to him. The Colombian Gold next door, are more aromatic than the Golden Tiger and it's hard to say what the GT smells like.:hmmmm:I'll put my nose in it and come up with an answer.:rolleyes:😎
I’ve never heard of it either but he said it was dangerous. You gotta love the sound of that one. CL🍀

Golden Tiger
Day 101 since flip.

The plants are continuing to ripen.:)

Reservoir change today. Added half/50% of General Hydroponics recommended amounts of three part liquid nutrients for 17 gallons in Ripen. PHed to 5.8-6.2.

I think the Thai phenos need to go longer. :hmmmm: The Killer Malawi pheno is probably ready now,:rolleyes: but the Thai pheno in the front is in the way.:oops: I may harvest before the 120 day mark though.:hmmmm:

GT Day 101 flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 101 flower.

GT Day 101 flower (2).JPG

GT Day 101 flower (3).JPG

GT Day 101 flower (4).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 101 flower. Malawi Killer pheno under the screen.

GT Day 101 flower (4)2.JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 101 flower. Close up of flower in previous photo.

GT Day 101 flower (5)2.JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 101 flower. Upright Malawi Killer pheno.

GT Day 101 flower (6).JPG

GT Day 101 flower (7).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 101 flower. Thai pheno large stalk.

GT Day 101 flower (8).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 101 flower. Close up of previous stalk.

GT Day 101 flower (8)close up.JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 101 flower. Close up of previous close up. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom