Always Growing In My Garden

I already did the change; I have been thinking about this for a couple weeks, and since it is no longer a sponsors grow and you reminded me, I said why not. Now neither one of my grows is a sponsors grow, so I can change my mind if I want.

Both of my current grows where part of a light manipulation experiment at various degrees, which both showed very positive results, but require more research.

Time for another update.

I have placed this plant on the 30 days list.
She is currently over 6 months and I want to get started on something else.

Overall, as you can she she is starting to show her age and starting to mess with me. :rofl: PH has been dropping while the ppm's are stable more or less with a drop in solution. I backed off the ppm's dropping her down to 1000 ppm's. This was accomplished by draining 1/2 gallon or 2 liters of solution and replaced it with RO water that was ph'd to 5.8. The reason I did not changes all the solution was; because I needed to she how she would react to the reduced ppm's. By, doing this I would know if this level was good or if it had to be reduced more.

She is playing better now, so I will see what the next 30 days will bring.

Aside from this little attention get she has been just getting bigger and needless to say I under estimated her aggressive growth. When I grow her again I will at least know how she is going to react and possible make a better full spread canopy.

Update of images.

Stay safe, and grow well my friends.

What a tent filler!
I will be sprouting the Panama seeds when the Vanilla Kush is about a month out from finish and putting them in that tray and flip on day one in the tray so they will get around a month in veg. If that works for me, I will use the same strategy on the Golden Tiger next year.
I've read that these long flowering sativas don't like full strength nutes, especially Nitrogen. Is that proving true with the Golden Tiger?
I am also going with the Vanilla Kush tray because it will finish later than the Hawaii Maui Waui tray as they are a month older. I want the Panama to experience colder night temps in latter flower along with reduced light to encourage them to finish. What do you think?

What a tent filler!
I will be sprouting the Panama seeds when the Vanilla Kush is about a month out from finish and putting them in that tray and flip on day one in the tray so they will get around a month in veg. If that works for me, I will use the same strategy on the Golden Tiger next year.
I've read that these long flowering sativas don't like full strength nutes, especially Nitrogen. Is that proving true with the Golden Tiger?
I am also going with the Vanilla Kush tray because it will finish later than the Hawaii Maui Waui tray as they are a month older. I want the Panama to experience colder night temps in latter flower along with reduced light to encourage them to finish. What do you think?
I've never had the patience to grow one out.
Interesting strategy, hope it works. :cheer:
Hey gwhunran :ciao: hope everything is going well my friend.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

@gwhunran and @Bill284 thanks for stopping by.

When it comes to Golden Tiger you may want to take a look at this.
I high recommend it to keep her under control.
Long vegging can create an controllable monster for a indoors grow.

Growing Tips

It can be grown indoors with strong light intensity and with enough space for its development. We recommend to switch her into flowering after 15 days from seed, or starting from clones rooted for at least 7 days. We recommend 11 (light)/13 (darkness) photoperiod for the flowering indoors, in order to boost the flowering, and to avoid re-flowerings or excessive stretching in early flowering.

Very suitable for SOG crops due to its great yield in the main cola, or for SCROG, horizontal or network growing due to its excellent yield in the lateral branches and its vigorous reaction to pruning.

Outdoors, it is especially suitable for outdoor cultivation in tropical or subtropical climates, although it can be cultivated with very good results in warm coastal climates of mild autumn (similar to the Mediterranean) up to latitudes close to 43º.

We recommend low/moderate levels of nutrients (especially of nitrogen) for the whole cycle, and slightly higher amounts of PK at the peak of floral production in mid-flowering.

Hope this helps.

Hey Tokin,
I think this is some of the stuff I read, almost verbatim.
I forget how long you vegged before flip. I planned on a month because I am going to plant two or three seeds in rapid rooter and when they get enough roots then putting the cubes in 6" net pots with the clay pebbles and into the little diy tuppware that I made for the 6"net pots and grow them in a tent until my tray opens up (Vanilla Kush). I figure a week to sprout and three weeks. I've never had plants get very big in a few weeks from seed, even in hydro.

The Ace write up on Panama says almost the same thing as Golden Tiger.

When I grow her again I will at least know how she is going to react and possible make a better full spread canopy.
Hey Tok! She filled the net spectacularly (would like to see under her skirt pic :p)
But maybe next time you grow the particular strain - I'd say put a stronger light above it, if youre bout to veg it any longer.

Have a nice day my friend!
- Verb

Well I guess I will be sampling her in a few days or so.

While tending to the Golden Tiger I notice a bud about the size of my hand was hanging very lower. Well upon inspection the bud was folded over, so instead of fixing the problem; I cut off the bud. She is old enough to try a sample.

Stay safe, and grow well my friends.

edit: the bud wet weigh was 31.45 grams so I may get a 1/4 oz. from it dried.

Time for an update, yes Golden Tiger is still growing and starting to show her age.

She is showing signs that it is ready to finish, but strangely enough she is still pushing out pistols, so this may be a double harvest lady. Either way I placed her in 48 hours of darkness to move her along, and hopefully counter any effects remaining from light manipulation.

She looks like quite a mess, and I will be the first one to admit it that I under estimated her ferociousness
in both veg and flower. Next time I will be ready for her.

What can I say, more images.

Stay safe, and grow well my friends,
Tok..

Hi there Tok

Thanks for sharing your Golden Tiger grow. Looks like you're in for a great harvest.

May I ask a few questions?

Why did you conclude -- pretty early on in your journal -- that the Hmong Thai pheno is a "sleeping pill"?

So... where did you find that info? Did you consume the Hmong Thai before?

But anyway, isn't that aspect something you might control for as you approach ripeness? Earlier harvesting might give you a more uplifting cerebral activating effect, no? What do your trichomes look like now? Can you post some close-up shots showing trichome development on your buds?

When do you expect to harvest? You've already been flowering 18+ weeks and the ACE specs indicate 11 - 14 weeks. Just from looking at your latest photos, it might be your plant is ripe and ready to go... possibly overripe (which is probably not what you would like if you are turned off by a "sleeping pill" :)).

So am wondering if you have sampled any of your Golden Tiger buds yet? If so, how was the effect?

Sorry for all the questions. Hope all is well in your world...

Happy growing, E

Thanks for stopping by @gwhunran

I would not advise it.
I could of done a better job of controlling her, but needless to say she got away from me.

I will know better next time, and I won't play with light manipulation either; too long of a flowering stage.
I've pretty much got to grow two, three, or four, as my tray inflow and overflow are in the middle.

I shortened my screen height in one room to 9" from 11" before the grow. (Vanilla Kush).
I will shorten my other rooms screen height to 9" when the grow is finished. (Hawaii Maui Waui).

Thanks you for stopping by @Emeraldo
Why did you conclude -- pretty early on in your journal -- that the Hmong Thai pheno is a "sleeping pill"?

So... where did you find that info? Did you consume the Hmong Thai before?
Sorry I forgot to answer the question.

indica.385ba09a7eef.jpg
Indica​

THC: 14% - 15%​

Hmong Thai is a 100% pure indica strain that is native to the different mountainous regions of Thailand. Perfect for any lazy night spent on the couch, Hmong Thai packs a super relaxing yet stimulating high that will have you kicking back almost immediately. You’ll feel a subtle lift in the back of the head at the onset of the high, filling you with a sense of giggly happiness and unfocused creativity. A deeply relaxing body high comes next, washing over your entire body with a buzzy effect and leaving you feeling totally calmed and pretty sedated at times before you finally fade away into a deep and peaceful sleep. Thanks to these effects and its moderate 14-15% average THC level, Hmong Thai is often chosen to treat those suffering from conditions such as depression, insomnia, appetite loss or nausea, chronic fatigue and chronic pain. This bud has a classic spicy citrus flavor with a sugary grapefruit exhale. The aroma is of earthy herbs and sour citrus with a spicy grapefruit effect that’s released as the nugs are broken apart. Hmong Thai buds have airy piecey long bright neon green nugs with rich golden undertones, vibrant amber hairs and a coating of matching clear crystal trichomes.

But anyway, isn't that aspect something you might control for as you approach ripeness? Earlier harvesting might give you a more uplifting cerebral activating effect, no? What do your trichomes look like now? Can you post some close-up shots showing trichome development on your buds?
Yes, I can control what the trichomes look like before harvest, but I found that some Indica's it does not matter.

I just have a jewel loupe (coin collector) for checking trichomes, but nothing to take images with. Any suggestions?

When do you expect to harvest? You've already been flowering 18+ weeks and the ACE specs indicate 11 - 14 weeks. Just from looking at your latest photos, it might be your plant is ripe and ready to go... possibly overripe (which is probably not what you would like if you are turned off by a "sleeping pill" :)).
The trichomes are checked twice a day and are still clear to cloudy.
I will give her two more week and then she has to come down; to get ready for my next project.

So am wondering if you have sampled any of your Golden Tiger buds yet? If so, how was the effect?
I will be taking a sample to dry and try tonight. :nerd-with-glasses:
So catch me in about 5 or 6 days, and we will see.

Sorry for the delayed response.

Stay safe, and Grow well my friend,
Tok..

Thanks you for stopping by @Emeraldo

Sorry I forgot to answer the question.

indica.385ba09a7eef.jpg
Indica​

THC: 14% - 15%​

Hmong Thai is a 100% pure indica strain that is native to the different mountainous regions of Thailand. Perfect for any lazy night spent on the couch, Hmong Thai packs a super relaxing yet stimulating high that will have you kicking back almost immediately. You’ll feel a subtle lift in the back of the head at the onset of the high, filling you with a sense of giggly happiness and unfocused creativity. A deeply relaxing body high comes next, washing over your entire body with a buzzy effect and leaving you feeling totally calmed and pretty sedated at times before you finally fade away into a deep and peaceful sleep. Thanks to these effects and its moderate 14-15% average THC level, Hmong Thai is often chosen to treat those suffering from conditions such as depression, insomnia, appetite loss or nausea, chronic fatigue and chronic pain. This bud has a classic spicy citrus flavor with a sugary grapefruit exhale. The aroma is of earthy herbs and sour citrus with a spicy grapefruit effect that’s released as the nugs are broken apart. Hmong Thai buds have airy piecey long bright neon green nugs with rich golden undertones, vibrant amber hairs and a coating of matching clear crystal trichomes.

Yes, I can control what the trichomes look like before harvest, but I found that some Indica's it does not matter.

I just have a jewel loupe (coin collector) for checking trichomes, but nothing to take images with. Any suggestions?

The trichomes are checked twice a day and are still clear to cloudy.
I will give her two more week and then she has to come down; to get ready for my next project.

I will be taking a sample to dry and try tonight. :nerd-with-glasses:
So catch me in about 5 or 6 days, and we will see.

Sorry for the delayed response.

Stay safe, and Grow well my friend,
Tok..
No problem, Tok. Thanks for your response. I usually take photos with my iPhone and then crop them, upload, done. The trichomes still clear after 18+ weeks is amazing, but I guess with indica it is a bit different from sativas. Enjoy your sample, smoke report, please.

Update time again.

I feel like I am writing a book on this one. :rofl:

She has been feeding well and the trichomes are now clear to some cloudy, so hopefully it won't be much longer. I had to string up some of her branch because the cola's are making them fall over flat.

I have the new residents patiently awaiting the big tent, but more so the big @MedicGrow fold 8 LED.

Here are some current images.

I apologizes for falling behind on this one.

Tok..

It's time for another update.

Her cola's have been swelling up and there are maybe 1% amber trichomes. One way or the other she needs to finish in the next week or so; because I will be gone for about a week, and I can not have my son take care of my DWC. He does not know how, but I trust him to water when I tell him. Overall she has been just growing and developing.

I did not get any images last night, but here are some current ones from a couple days ago.

I will only do a couple more updates before I chop.

Tok..

Back
Top Bottom