Grape Ape & Golden Tiger Hit the Shower - DBHBB & 600W HPS - Winter 2016

I won't be taming the Tiger anytime soon but will remember your grow because it is well documented beginning to end if I do want to mess with it. Indoors in the tent I have a 7' roof but by the time you subtract 10" for the filter, 3" thickness of the LED lamps, some room to blend the light, and around a foot for the pot there is only really room for ~ a 4' tall plant..

It would be fun to veg one for 6-7 weeks and do hedge clipper topping to keep it around 8" before going into flower.....

:hmmmm:

I'm thinking torture it under a T-5 with minimal head room and just keep mowing the burned tops. Send it into flower looking something like this...

IMG_088729.JPG

IMG_088929.JPG

Clip out the losers after two weeks in flower and send 12-16 tops to the big show...

PeeJay...just my two cents, but I would trim away all the dried up leaves so that more light can get to the healthy ones. Heat can be an issue indoors and it appears it is with this plant. I always use my hand palm down between the plant and lamp to see if the light is too close; if it is, the top of my hand gets quite uncomfortable. Good luck and keep her green! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Gotcha Zona. That tortured soul became this:

IMG_227321.JPG

IMG_227920.JPG

That's a typically lanky 12 week all sativa at ~ 11 weeks.

I've got this silly 32"x32"x24"h tent with two 2' 4 bulb T-5s in it. Ended up leaving some plants in there for months and months because I got ahead of myself. They'd grow up into the lights and I just mowed 'em down - over and over.

I don't recommend it as a training method for anyone in a hurry. :rofl:

LOL, Mr. Tail.

Was just thinking it might be a way to produce a ton of tops on something like the GT while keeping it short and with out trying to rope it sideways.

At the end of veg it was indeed a cherub. However, in flower she has long slender legs as does Majors GT. I'm mightly impressed with his. That GT is one of the funnest Dr Seussesque grows I've seen in several years of watching journals - in a 3x3 shower with a couple of earlier strains as companions part of the way. Mad success on the Major's part!

Hey, was your Y Griega from MedicalSeeds? I noticed on Herbies under the promos you can get two free Y Griega if you snag a 5 pack of another strain, one freebie if you snag a three pack. Channel+ is out of stock :(

Yep, it's from Medical. They have a high-CBD version, too. :slide:

[Edit] ... that Mendocino Purple Kush looks enticing ... and I gotta try 2046 one of these days - Fish Cake loved his!

Morning my brotha Major....nice finish with the GT pal! She finally :)rofl::rofl:) paid you back...prolly really good too , i bet! Cheers and what a good job ya did with her bud. I feel that outdoors that strain will need too much time to finish in our (your) climate. it will get very large with huge colas and buds , but i fear for you , as it just isn't "cut out" for this very uncertain weather later in bloom. Anyhow , i hope i'm wrong about it bud....anyhow , it's gonna be a lot fun watching them go nuts in those pots!! Yeepa !:high-five:

Morning my brotha Major....nice finish with the GT pal! She finally :)rofl::rofl:) paid you back...prolly really good too , i bet! Cheers and what a good job ya did with her bud. I feel that outdoors that strain will need too much time to finish in our (your) climate. it will get very large with huge colas and buds , but i fear for you , as it just isn't "cut out" for this very uncertain weather later in bloom. Anyhow , i hope i'm wrong about it bud....anyhow , it's gonna be a lot fun watching them go nuts in those pots!! Yeepa !:high-five:

Thanks duggan!

The Tigers did right by me. Buds ended up very slightly on the dry side before I put them in jars. They will probably gain a few grams during the cure and end up close to 11 oz. from the two plants. My pipe was already loaded yesterday and I didn't get in to puff anything until 9:00pm. Today I'll get a taste from my tester. It is the first Sativa I've grown and it smells awesome!

I agree about the long bloom time for this area. I have two: GT+ and Zamaldelica+. I doubt either will finish. That's OK. It will be a learning experience and I give/throw away most of what I grow anyway. :high-five:

Stunningly done Maj. I cannot wait to get home and have a proper look at the pictures. I don't think my phone does them right.

Cheers!

Thanks kelticBlue!
I've never grown anything quite like them. Had known about how crazy they would stretch, I would have done things differently. I do think they are very cool in a funky sort of way. Someone with more training experience (PeeJay/Graytail?) could make them into something awesome. I hope to do more of a bush with GT+ outdoors.

Major, how was the taste test?? :)

OK, OK. :rofl:

I want to say it was awesome, but I can't ... yet. I have to reserve judgement. :sorry:
The smell is great! Maybe a little citrus still, but mostly evergreen with a spruce/eucalyptus note. The stone is excellent. No couch lock and very potent. But the taste, so far, is unremarkable. Remember, this has zero cure and the tester I had was too dry. I'm going to pull another small bud from the other jar to see if it tickles my pickle.

I'm sure it will change drastically in the next few months. My others did. The biggest problem I have is getting through a grow w/o those freekin' spider mites. I have to think multiple sprays with neem and pyrethrins doesn't help the taste (or my health). I'll let you know how it changes once it has a chance.
:thanks:

It sounds like you got this kind if special smoke. Also with these sativas I believe anything like more refined taste is hard to get as they will get either on sourish or dry side, even salty or bitter at times. Well that's their character, great terpenes in flowering though and very original as far as smell in curing in concerned, but will not come through with sweetness or muskiness or any fancy taste at all. But then with curing this bud will start being really speedy probably and exciting :bong:

Thank you gentlemen!

I do have a tester ready to try but I'm running a chainsaw and wood chipper today, so...
The smell is still bright but has moved from citrus to some evergreen-like smell. My wife says it is spruce. Sounds about right from what I remember of a spruce beer I had a few years ago.

Chainsaw and strong weed... there's no way anything bad could come of combining the two ;-)

Back
Top Bottom