First Time Grow 4x4x6 Tent With 600W LED

Brohammer3

So it's going to be my first grow and it's just like me to go all out for my first time. So got a 4'x4'x6.5' vivosun grow tent, viparspectra 600w LED panel, an exhaust fan with carbon filter, and an intake booster fan. I have two clip on fans pointed at the sides to assist with air circulation and a normal oscillating fan in the corner, I'll be replacing that with a tower fan when that's delivered. So this is set up in my dining room since I never have anyone over and so no one can hear the fans since it's in the middle of the house. The only thing that sucks right now is I have swamp cooling and it's monsoon season so temp and humidity are a b*tch and a half to control. At night my plants are around 68-72 and during the day it'll get up to 82 ish. I may get a dehumidifier since the cooler and monsoon season mixed causes the humidity to go from 50% to 78% ridiculously fast. Currently 3 of my plants have germinated and waiting to pop up, and I had planted a seed from some dirt weed a buddy of mine had gotten, I call it "Joe's Dirt" since it's dirt weed and got it from a dude named Joe haha i planted Joe's Dirt as kind of a dry run to see if my set up would work like it should. So I could care less if joes dirt dies since i have no idea what strain it is, or even if its indica, sativa or a hybrid. lol The other three are Carmelicious seeds from AMS. The soil I'm using is black gold all purpose potting mix with about 25% added perlite for better drainage. I'll throw some pics up later, so far, how does it sound So far? Thanks in advance everyone!

So here's some pics I took, will take more when I back at the house.
420-magazine-mobile1472344641.jpg
420-magazine-mobile378478072.jpg
420-magazine-mobile923822343.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1940760835.jpg

So Joe's dirt was germinated and put into a clear solo cup. I had used a miracle grow potting soil (don't worry, not using that with the real plants I'm growing) and the little dirt weed seed is putting down some nice roots which is crazy lol

Clear cups are not good...the light hurts the roots
Place those in a colored solo or the light may hurt them

Looks good so far, be sure to take pics with the LED off, easy ta see the girls

Yeah, it's all I had at the time. I have some other pots I'll move it into.

Yeah I'll put another light in there for pics.

I'm just nervous about messing up haha found a good grow bible with alot of great info and I have these forums so I'm sure it'll be good.

Wow the awesomeness of these forums and the helpful and genuine people is just awesome. Really appreciate it everyone, we'll see how it goes.

So checked the girls this morning and the last two popped up out of the soil. And so it begins. Oh and Joe's Dirt is growing it's second set of leaves too.
420-magazine-mobile124231594.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2024417761.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1369664328.jpg

Feed them last night since the top of soil was crusty dry.

And Joe's Dirt that was in the plastic see thru cup, duct taped the hell out of it so no more roots being exposed to the light.

So with my swamp cooler being the only option at my house I've noticed that during the day yesterday when there was a big monsoon my swamp cooler becomes worthless and it got up to 85 F° :/ had no way to cool it down. And at night is anywhere from 70-75 F°

Until it gets cooler and the monsoons stop that's the only option I have. I don't have the ability to install a window a/c unit in that room since it's the middle of the house.

Any ideas guys?

Just try to have plenty of circulation, 85 is warm but not deadly. The good thing is your running a LED so your light is putting off little to no heat. If you need to just keep the tent open during the warmer times of the day.

Just try to have plenty of circulation, 85 is warm but not deadly. The good thing is your running a LED so your light is putting off little to no heat. If you need to just keep the tent open during the warmer times of the day.
Good to hear it's not deadly temps. Haha that's why I got the LED light so I didn't have to deal with too much heat, really liking this viparapectra light, it's pretty cool to the touch but I have a laser thermometer coming in the mail today so I'll be able to check heat on the top soil and the plant itself. Also i have a tower fan that ocilates that'll be better than the oscillating fan that's currently in there. Next time I'll change the light cycle to be during the night time when it's cooler.

I'm going to check the girls when I get off work.

Good to hear it's not deadly temps. Haha that's why I got the LED light so I didn't have to deal with too much heat, really liking this viparapectra light, it's pretty cool to the touch but I have a laser thermometer coming in the mail today so I'll be able to check heat on the top soil and the plant itself. Also i have a tower fan that ocilates that'll be better than the oscillating fan that's currently in there. Next time I'll change the light cycle to be during the night time when it's cooler.

I'm going to check the girls when I get off work.

I currently use HPS/MH so I've definitely had my fair share of heat problems. But your right having the light cycle at night does help a bunch. In your case I'm not sure but it's worth a shot next time. I want to switch to LED, I'm curious to see how your 600w does in a 4x4 tent.

I currently use HPS/MH so I've definitely had my fair share of heat problems. But your right having the light cycle at night does help a bunch. In your case I'm not sure but it's worth a shot next time. I want to switch to LED, I'm curious to see how your 600w does in a 4x4 tent.
Yeah I'm curious about how well the lights will work, but should be enough for the plants I have. Carmelicious isn't meant to get that big indoors anyways but these lights are pretty awesome from what I've seen from people who have used them. I may get another later on that I can daisy chain for additional light coverage if I ever needed it, or just a second one for a smaller tent later on that'll be specifically seedling through the last few weeks of veg.

Im excited to learn how to train the plants and I'm 110% sure I'll get some awesome info from everyone here on that when the time comes lol

Back
Top Bottom