1st Time Possible Fail Grow - 600W HPS

Hello Darksideofthe Mike, sorry if I seem abrupt with you but I'm in the middle of bouncing through forums, taking pictures and I don't feel like I should have to justify myself to someone that was not a part of my transaction. But as you have taken an interest here is the Exif info from those shots. No white balance correction at all (I always use manual as I would post process for white balance), shot with a Sony A7II at 1600 ISO. Here is the Exif information:

ExposureTime : 1/8000Sec
FNumber : F4.5
ExposureProgram : Aperture Priority
ISOSpeedRatings : 1600
Unknown (8830)3,1 : 2
Unknown (8832)4,1 : 1600
ExifVersion : 0230
DateTimeOriginal : 2015:04:11 11:09:28
DateTimeDigitized : 2015:04:11 11:09:28
ShutterSpeedValue : 1/8000Sec
ApertureValue : F4.5
BrightnessValue : EV6.4
ExposureBiasValue : EV-0.7
MaxApertureValue : F1.8
MeteringMode : Spot
LightSource : Shade
Flash : Not fired(Compulsory)
FocalLength : 55.00(mm)
ColorSpace : Uncalibrated
ExifImageWidth : 4134
ExifImageHeight : 2756
FocalPlaneXResolution : 54894834/32768
FocalPlaneYResolution : 54894834/32768
FocalPlaneResolutionUnit : Centimeter
FileSource : DSC
SceneType : A directly photographed image
CustomRendered : Normal process
ExposureMode : Auto
WhiteBalance : Manual
DigitalZoomRatio : 16/16
FocalLength(35mm) : 55(mm)
SceneCaptureType : Standard
Contrast : Normal
Saturation : Normal

As you can see these were just some quick straight out of cam (sooc for future reference) resized shots that I uploaded purely for my journal. Now, as you can see with my other pictures they have been colour corrected, and the lights are indeed green. It's like trying to tell me that black is white, I see what I know and I wonder if anyone else sees these as warm white.

For anyone that is interested these are the latest pictures of my LED lights that I'm referring to. Please let me know if you think I'm mistaken in that fact that these LED's are outputting green light:

IMGP0660150715.jpg
IMGP0663150715.jpg
IMGP0667150715.jpg
IMGP0670150715.jpg
IMGP0673150715.jpg

All the best :thumb:

Another way for you to be able to tell Darksideof theMike is pretty simple. Which of those pictures truly represents the colour of the Mars Hydro lights themselves? Is it the first picture taken with no white balancing, or is it the latest pictures taken which have been through white balancing? You will find your answer there :thumb:

in thoses pictures we are clearly seeing the white leds as white .... not as green like you are saying now in mars hydro page .... so they were white and they turn green ..... hmmmm

I'm noting this down so that other people that are interested in reading about these lights will know what the final outcome was.

SmokeSara admitted that there is a problem with certain batches of LED's changing colour, in fact she specifically stated that the problem LED's are the ones that I have pictured. I am awaiting the fix that Sara has offered for this problem and will update if I ever receive the replacement LED's. Let's see how customer service is first hand :)

Here is the exact link (courtesy of TheCelt, check out his grows they're great) Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

I don't mind anyone being a fan of a company, but I ask that if you want to get your opinion across in one of my threads (or anyone else's for that matter) please do so in an unbiased polite way without letting fanaticism get in the way of honesty. At the end of the day you have your opinion and I have mine, if you're going to post here to 'prove' me wrong you best be sure that I am. All the best :thumb:

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom