1st Time Possible Fail Grow - 600W HPS

Weight of the second plant dry, 52g. Weight of the third plant dry, 53g but still a few more small branches left to dry out a bit more. I am one HAPPY CHAPPY! I know it's not a great weight but to someone like me this is absolutely wonderful. May you all be blessed with many females and many fruits of your labour :)

Harvest time is such a wonderful time indeed.

KingJohn has great info on your bugs. I have never had thrips but your desciption and his response seems spot on.

When I trim, if it is a great pheno that I will keep I may leave the sugar-leaf on. If it something I may pass along commercially, I will do a finer manicure to "up" the bag appeal.

Weight of the second plant dry, 52g. Weight of the third plant dry, 53g but still a few more small branches left to dry out a bit more. I am one HAPPY CHAPPY! I know it's not a great weight but to someone like me this is absolutely wonderful. May you all be blessed with many females and many fruits of your labour :)

Nice! Congrats!!

I definitely will yes, they're not big and dense but they're a great smoke. My camera is due back from repair in the next few days so I may be best to wait for that as taking pictures with a camera phone frustrates me, I like to be able to get a reasonable pic (OCD kicking in again). :thumb:

Sierra Natural Sciences makes 2 products to kill spider mites, thrips and other insects SNS-217C Concentrate and SNS-209 Systemic Insect Control. I add 3-5 drops of Ivory Liquid Soap per gallon as a surfactant to help the spray stick to leaves and stems better. I would spray every 3 days for 2 weeks to kill adults and larvae as they hatch. I have successfully used Sierra Natural Science SNS-209 to kill Thrips insects.

https://sierranaturalscience.com natural pesticides sns-217c

https://sierranaturalscience.com natural pesticides sns-209

For soil insects I use diatomaceous earth on top of the soil as a barrier, it cuts them as they move through it. I bought my diatomaceous earth from an animal feed store, do not use the type meant for pool filters. Mosquito dunks can also be used as a soil drench for fungus gnats. Sierra Natural Sciences also makes a soil drench called SNS-203 for fungus gnats and other soil insects.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diatomaceous earth

https://www.homedepot.com Mosquito Dunks 6 Pack

https://www.sierranaturalscience.com natural-pesticides SNS-203

I would remove several lower leaves from your plant and under good light inspect the top and undersides of the leaves for any traces of insects.

These are all excellent suggestions from a very respected grower. Listen carefully. I would add just one point of my own. Diatomaceous earth works best if you puff it on instead of layer it. The fine dusting is more difficult for the critters to avoid. I've seen grows that layer it and the gnats just scurry across the surface.

I'm pleased to see you had a support system that kept you going. These are resilient plants, aren't they? Joining this forum is one of the best decisions you made. And now you're addicted, not only to the growing, but to the community at large. Ain't life grand? :laughtwo::green_heart:

Congratulations. :thumb:

We're coming up to bank holiday here so I'm not sure whether my camera will take a little longer than I expected. I've bitten the bullet and kicked myu OCD into touch and taken some pics on my phone (buds needed an airing anyway :) ). They're not as fat and dense as most I've seen on here yet I still have a great sense of achievement in managing to grow my own real smoke! I know exactly what went in it and that it was flushed, well mostly, plus I haven't had to sit in someone else's house while waiting for a shady geezer to turn up with some dodgy goodies :)

Anyway here are a few pics and I swear it's still one of the best smokes I've ever had :thumb:

IMG_068529.JPG
IMG_068633.JPG
IMG_069029.JPG
IMG_069131.JPG
IMG_069429.JPG
IMG_069634.JPG

My LED glasses from Method Seven will be here tomorrow (they were caught up in customs and I had to pay import charges, c'est la vie), I'll do a seperate write up on them. Next week I'll be making a second grow journal as the Plushberry plants are getting on for 4 feet tall and I'm going to struggle for flowering in my 6' tent. All the best everyone, thanks for the support and I hope you like the end result. They may not be dense and heavy, but they're frosty and smoke grrreat! All the best :thumb:

Anyway here are a few pics and I swear it's still one of the best smokes I've ever had :thumb:

IMG_069634.JPG

My LED glasses from Method Seven will be here tomorrow (they were caught up in customs and I had to pay import charges, c'est la vie), I'll do a seperate write up on them. Next week I'll be making a second grow journal as the Plushberry plants are getting on for 4 feet tall and I'm going to struggle for flowering in my 6' tent. All the best everyone, thanks for the support and I hope you like the end result. They may not be dense and heavy, but they're frosty and smoke grrreat! All the best :thumb:

Sugar coated. Nice looking buds. Well deserved. :blunt:

Thanks scarfinger, probably more deserved by the visitors here that helped out than by me ;) but they're a really nice smoke. No matter what problems I had it makes me want to throw some more LSD seeds in soil and learn the strain. All the best and happy toking :thumb:

Hello everyone. My Method Seven LED Grow Glasses arrived today so I thought I'd do a little write up on them after having tried them out. I was going to do this as separate review in a different section but I'm not sure if that's allowed for none sponsored items so I'll put it here where it will do minimal damage until a moderator confirms that I can do a full review for them.

First of all I ordered them on the 13/05/15 (or 05/13/15 depending on your location) and received them today the 22/05/15. Not bad going I suppose although they were held at customs for an extra two days until I received notification that I needed to pay VAT and a courier handling charge on them. That totalled another £20.04, not a bank buster but any extra expense is unwelcome. Admittedly they do state this on their site but you have to go and look for it (shipping/international shipping) and I only looked when I realised that I was being charged. It would be nice if they stated this on the actual product page or at least made people outside the US aware of it during the order process. Oh well, I'm not going to have sour grapes over that hiccup, it's only to be expected when importing from a lot of companies, although I do prefer those companies that prepay the import duty.

Secondly here are some pics of the outer packaging and the inner packaging:

IMG_069834.JPG
IMG_069933.JPG
IMG_070235.JPG
IMG_070328.JPG

All in all they were well packaged and although the outer box suffered some slight damage the inner box was untouched.

Here are the glasses themselves and they come with a nifty little lens cleaner bag and it's colourful, I like it but it may not be to everyone's taste:

IMG_070726.JPG

Some pics of them on the glasses and the clip used to open and clasp onto the glasses:

IMG_071029.JPG
IMG_071128.JPG
IMG_071327.JPG

Now most importantly how an LED grow space looks without them on and with them on:

IMG_071431.JPG

IMG_071634.JPG
IMG_071534.JPG
IMG_071732.JPG

As you can see in the pictures they work very well indeed in making the plants much more true to life and any deficiencies are much easier to spot and identify. After a half hour in there I wasn't suffering any headaches or migraine which one would expect with bad glass. These plants pictured are the Plushberry that will be in my upcoming grow journal btw :)

My first impressions are that they're ok. They work well under the lights but two things annoy me.
First of all my main annoyance is that these are much smaller than I would have expected. The coverage isn't total on my prescription glasses and that's a concern. Method Seven do also offer an Aviator style which looks to have a larger area covered and I half wish I had gone for those, but in the product pictures these looked to be the most suitable for my style of lenses.
Secondly and this is almost as annoying as the lack of coverage is that the actual clip part stands out in front of my eyes blocking my immediate view. After awhile I'll probably start trying to patch these up somehow so that it doesn't irritate me.

All in all I think these were just about worth the original cost but not with the added extra £20 on top. My main worry is that my eyes are not completely protected, there's just too many gaps between the clip ons and my glasses for me to feel completely safe, and that's what I want, to feel completely protected. I would advise anyone else purchasing for use over prescription lenses to try the Aviator style glasses. I cannot vouch for those but I can vouch that these do not have full coverage. Here are my ratings:

Style 5/10: depends whether you feel like an idiot wearing them or not. I want protection so this is neither here nor there for me.

Ease of Use: 10/10: Can't get much easier to use than these.

Effect in use on the grow room: 10/10: Plants look great under LED's whilst wearing these glasses. I could still slightly see a magenta cast but they have varying effects on different LED systems depending on the spectrum used. There is a reasonable amount of colour shift in my case to make these definitely worthwhile.

Practicality of use: 8/10: Easy to use and can be flipped up (semi) out of view whilst glasses are still being worn. There's just the minor niggle of the clip extending outwards into the field of view. This is mainly due to them being a top clip on instead of a centre, this is probably so that they fit on a higher percentage of prescription glasses

Protection: 7/10: Please note that this score is really a reflection of these clip ons with my glasses. I have too many gaps where I don't feel protected from the 'death rays' that my LED emits. I would much prefer a higher coverage area in my particular case.

Overall impressions are that I would purchase Method Seven clip ons again, preferably a larger version though. But if it comes to no protection or these I'll take these everyday without a qualm.

I hope this write up helps as I know there are a couple of people here that were asking recently about LED glasses. All the best and safe growing :thumb:

Hey Scarfinger, hey Ghettogro, thanks. I'm glad you liked the review and I hope it helps anyone thinking of purchasing them in the future. One thing I will add is that the magenta cast that I'm getting isn't actually the lenses. I realised later that it's the LED lights leaking through where the lenses have too small a coverage area. If I ever purchase again it would have to be the aviator style. Hope you have a great weekend. All the best :thumb:

Hey thanks Professor, much appreciated. They're even bigger than the last pics now (probably a good foot higher and way more bushy) as I tried out some of that Humboldt's Secret Golden Tree and they seem to have boomed in growth since. Way too expensive at £40 a pint but I had a tester bottle and I'm genuinely impressed. You sure you've not been bottling up your nutes? :laughtwo:
I'm making sure that the pest problem is resolved once and for all then two of them will be moved over to the flower tent. :thumb:

Hi Kriaze, are your plants in 12/12 now? How long? Sounds like you just went through "the stretch". I would tie them over if they get too tall for your space or too close to the light. Do not top them at this point. Keep'em bent over and watch the side buds grow. If you're still in veg you can top/LST or whatever.

Hey Professor welcome aboard, feel free to step in if you see me make any mistakes lol, appreciate you being here :thumb:

Hey GhettoGro, I wish they were in 12/12. They're still in veg atm, they were under CFL for a couple of months and lately under LED. I've had to have some work done around the house so I've left them under veg for now, they'll be going 12/12 hopefully around Monday. I'm thinking topping or something might well be necessary as there's not much more height left for them to use. Felt like a great thing to do at the time until that last growth spurt :)

Topping puts more stress on a plant that LST. If you have another week or two to veg then topping is good. If they are going into flower in the next week, I would just tie them over to save stress during the stretch. If you got the headroom, the longer the veg, the bigger the harvest :)

Back
Top Bottom