ICE Strain Grown in FFOF Soil with CFL Lights

Scarfinger68

1 week from seed:

P10001302.JPG

I tried something different today. I watered them with 1/3 cap of black strap molasses unsulphured, Thrive (microbial organism) and 2 tsp. of FF grow big mixed in a 1 gallon water jug. PH was around 6.5

I mainly wanted to get some microorganisms in there to help balance PH, added molasses to feed the microorganisms and some grow big to lower the PH and for fertilizer. Even though I know they don't need much of anything right now because they look fine. Oh well, will have to wait and see...

If they are in FFOF then they really don't need anything but light and water as needed, kinda small to be adding a bunch more stuff that the soil already has in it.. The soil already has the micro life you just needto maintain and and add as the plant grows, right now the plant itself has what it needs except moisture so keep her moist, lol, but not too much let it dry out so the roots explore and develop and you are good to go for a transplant, peace OG.

If they are in FFOF then they really don't need anything but light and water as needed, kinda small to be adding a bunch more stuff that the soil already has in it.. The soil already has the micro life you just needto maintain and and add as the plant grows, right now the plant itself has what it needs except moisture so keep her moist, lol, but not too much let it dry out so the roots explore and develop and you are good to go for a transplant, peace OG.

Well said :)

27 days from seed:

The 2 on the right got a little stretch on. Runt is in the center on top of a cup. 2 on the left with less stretch
P1000213.JPG

top view
P10002121.JPG

I will be topping them. Considering cloning the tops. Also a transplant coming soon.

Ice topped, 4 weeks from seed.

2 of the taller plants that seemed to stretch more than the others are in the green cups. The runt is in the red cup. (24 oz. cups).

P1000218.JPG

These two I am going to grow out and take clones from at a later date. I choose these 2 simply because they were shorter and short works good for my grow box. Minus the height of the cup I only have about 24 inches of space for plant height.
P1000219.JPG

I got lazy and didn't try to clone the tops. For one: they should be a little older, 2nd: tops take longer to root, 3rd I was in a hurry. So plan "B": Veg a couple out and take clones later :)

I am a little worried about the 2 taller plants. In my experience, the one that takes off like a banshee seems to have a higher rate to hermie.

I also bought a can-filter 9000 with 4 inch flange. Building an add on box to connect it to the top of my flower box. (thats why I was a little tired and in a hurry today).

I will let ya know how it turns out when I get it closer to finished.

Placed in Flower box so they will get 12 hours darkness and I will count day 1 of flowering as tomorrow.

P1000221.JPG

I noticed that I was starting to get redness on some stems. This to me means that my PH has dropped and phosphorus is getting locked out. Also a fan leaf was acting strange, twisting.

Red stem: Ice front, snow white in background:
P10002221.JPG

I checked my runoff water and sure enough it was red/orange so I am guessing 4.5 or so. Probably because of the new soil and fresh ferts leach out. So I flushed with plain water until I got it up to 6.0/6.5 ish PH

Left is runoff after a plain water flush (6.5 ish?), Right is my plain water PH (7.0 ish)
P10002261.JPG

If you can see my plant in the background... It is a Snow White that was nice and green, looking good. I left it go without watering and... BAM!! One day all the stems were red. My thought is that the soil dried out, salts increased, lowered my PH and locked out the phosphorus. Plain water flush and then added some Epsoma Garden Lime (1.5 tablespoons/per gallon of water). Today I checked the runoff and it was in the 6.5 ish range :)

I also added about 2 to 3 oz. of the Epsoma Garden Lime mix to the ICE to help stabilize the PH.

Added a "Filter Box" to the top of my flower box. Sized it to fit a "9000" filter with a 4" flange (didn't include brand name because I am not sure if they are a sponsor of not). The filter is 25 inches long. The filter box is 12" wide, 12" high and 26" deep.

Main reason for adding a filter is because my next grow with be an (Afghani x Skunk) strain.

Empty box with 4" hole
P10002281.JPG

With filter
P10002313.JPG

Filter and lid
P10002342.JPG

Complete set up
P1000227.JPG

I am feeling really good about this grow. Just a little PH problem after transferring them to flower. Now things are looking good. Run-off PH is in the 6.5 range. With a little more water it goes up to 6.5+ to 7.0 range. Of course these are just educated guesses using a liquid PH tester.

I am hoping to get 13 grams for each ICE plant. I am really hoping for 28 grams for the Snow White in the back ground that has been LST'd and HST'd (my first attempted at these techniques). I am starting to get excited and I only have ....2 more months to go! lol! :)

Subbed, ice is a great strain.
i am medicating with it now and its great stuff.

you should only transplant once or twice a grow, each transplant will stunt your girls a little depends on how much you touch them.
doesn't look like you disturbed them much by putting them in new cups but just a tip.

also you should count day 1 of flower once you see some hairs protrude from the calyxes, nice strains and even nicer the plants.

GREAT work on the box very nice. i love it.
along for the ride and +reps for so far. :nomo: :reading420magazine:

Subbed, ice is a great strain.
i am medicating with it now and its great stuff.

you should only transplant once or twice a grow, each transplant will stunt your girls a little depends on how much you touch them.
doesn't look like you disturbed them much by putting them in new cups but just a tip.

also you should count day 1 of flower once you see some hairs protrude from the calyxes, nice strains and even nicer the plants.

GREAT work on the box very nice. i love it.
along for the ride and +reps for so far. :nomo: :reading420magazine:

Thanks for the info :)

Back
Top Bottom