First Grow In A While

ChiDude

Home Made grow barrel
1000w LED

1 Gallon Fabric Pot
La Viva Living soil
Tap Water, left to dechlorinate for 48 hours

I’ve used only tap water up to this point, which I hadn’t been Ph checking. I checked it when I noticed yellowing about two weeks ago. I was watering with 7.8! So I flushed with 6.5 and let it be for a few days.
The Ph correction has clearly brought out some deficiencies. I hadn’t been feeding other than a light top dress with worm castings.
Today the Pot is relatively dry so I am going to feed. I decided to order some kelp powder and in addition I will use a 1/4 tsp of molasses, 1/4 tsp of FF Big Bloom, and 1 tsp of Sea-K water soluble kelp. I considered epsom salt for magnesium but I will hold off until I get proper advice.

IMG_0454.jpeg

IMG_0464.png

IMG_0469.jpeg

IMG_0455.jpeg

Home Made grow barrel
1000w LED

1 Gallon Fabric Pot
La Viva Living soil

I’ve used only tap water up to this point, which I hadn’t been Ph checking. I checked it when I noticed yellowing about two weeks ago. I was watering with 7.8! So I flushed with 6.5 and let it be for a few days.
The Ph correction has clearly brought out some deficiencies. I hadn’t been feeding other than a light top dress with worm castings.
Today the Pot is relatively dry so I am going to feed. I decided to order some kelp powder and in addition I will use a 1/4 tsp of molasses, 1/4 tsp of FF Big Bloom, and 1 tsp of Sea-K water soluble kelp. I considered epsom salt for magnesium but I will hold off until I get proper advice.

IMG_0454.jpeg

IMG_0464.png

IMG_0469.jpeg

IMG_0455.jpeg
I love the pictures.

Home Made grow barrel
1000w LED

1 Gallon Fabric Pot
La Viva Living soil

IMG_0454.jpeg

IMG_0464.png

IMG_0469.jpeg

IMG_0455.jpeg
Were you at in the City? I’m from Chicago too. CL🍀

I'm still waiting on Amazon to bring the kelp extract. I have a 1/2 gallon jug with tap water that's been out 2 days and the chlorine bubbles have stopped forming. I have an air stone bubbling in there.
I added 1/2 tsp of FF Big Bloom, which is 1/4 what they recommend. I only decided to use it because A) I've had it for a while, and B) it's the only organic one of the three.
I also added 1/4 tsp of unsulphured molasses.
It's currently bubbling together until the kelp arrives. Then I'll add 1 tsp of that and let it fully dissolve, bubble for a bit, then check and adjust Ph.
Until then, I'm letting her get some sun and fresh air by the window.

16841618678253507626543034828277.jpg

I'm still waiting on Amazon to bring the kelp extract. I have a 1/2 gallon jug with tap water that's been out 2 days and the chlorine bubbles have stopped forming. I have an air stone bubbling in there.
I added 1/2 tsp of FF Big Bloom, which is 1/4 what they recommend. I only decided to use it because A) I've had it for a while, and B) it's the only organic one of the three.
I also added 1/4 tsp of unsulphured molasses.
It's currently bubbling together until the kelp arrives. Then I'll add 1 tsp of that and let it fully dissolve, bubble for a bit, then check and adjust Ph.
Until then, I'm letting her get some sun and fresh air by the window.

16841618678253507626543034828277.jpg
I’m using straight tap water on mine without any issues, I was using a Zero pitcher because we have lead in our water now thanks to the City. But it was throwing the ph out of whack. CL🍀

I’m using straight tap water on mine without any issues, I was using a Zero pitcher because we have lead in our water now thanks to the City. But it was throwing the ph out of whack. CL🍀
Mine was nice and green with straight city water too. But once she started to flower the Ph in the water started to show it's true form. Even After 2 days of letting the chlorine dissipate, the Ph was at 7.6-7.8. I use Ph down from the aquarium section at Wal Mart. It only takes a few small drops cause I only prepare a half gallon at a time.

Mine was nice and green with straight city water too. But once she started to flower the Ph in the water started to show it's true form. Even After 2 days of letting the chlorine dissipate, the Ph was at 7.6-7.8. I use Ph down from the aquarium section at Wal Mart. It only takes a few small drops cause I only prepare a half gallon at a time.
I’m using @Prescription Blend and with the straight tap water the PH is 6.2-6.4 . CL🍀

So a couple of days ago I was finally able to give her a decent feeding. Up to this point it’s just been whatever nutrients were in the living soil I planted in and there are clearly some issues that I’m too late to correct before she’s done.
I let 1/2 gallon of tap water sit as usual until chlorine bubbles stopped forming completely. Then I added 1/2 tsp FF Big Bloom, 1/4 tsp molasses, and 1 tsp of Sea-K seaweed and kelp powder. I let that bubble with an air stone overnight. Corrected the Ph to 6.5, and watered with about half of it. I water slowly with a water bottle that I poked holes in the cap, to ensure even watering and no dry spots.
She’s fading to light green, with the flowers having a purple tinge to them. I just don’t know honestly if the fade is end of cycle related or if it’s a deficiency or toxicity problem. Any insight is appreciated.

IMG_0512.jpeg

IMG_0513.jpeg

IMG_0518.jpeg

IMG_0516.jpeg

IMG_0517.jpeg

IMG_0515.jpeg

IMG_0514.jpeg

So the idea that I put Big Bloom in my water a few days ago didn’t sit right with me for some reason. So today, I decided that I would flush the soil with water and kelp. I added 1 teaspoon of kelp to a half gallon of chlorine free water. I use Ph down to get it steady at 6.75. Then I slow watered the whole half gallon a water bottle at a time that I poked holes in to even out the flow. So I’m gone let her finish draining out and put her back under the light. I usually let her breathe in the morning sun for about an hour every day.
I’m in the middle of building a better grow cabinet with more height so I can use a bigger pot next run.

IMG_0527.jpeg

IMG_0528.jpeg

IMG_0529.jpeg

So the idea that I put Big Bloom in my water a few days ago didn’t sit right with me for some reason. So today, I decided that I would flush the soil with water and kelp. I added 1 teaspoon of kelp to a half gallon of chlorine free water. I use Ph down to get it steady at 6.75. Then I slow watered the whole half gallon a water bottle at a time that I poked holes in to even out the flow. So I’m gone let her finish draining out and put her back under the light. I usually let her breathe in the morning sun for about an hour every day.
I’m in the middle of building a better grow cabinet with more height so I can use a bigger pot next run.

IMG_0527.jpeg

IMG_0528.jpeg

IMG_0529.jpeg
Beautifull plants and I love the purple stems.

IMG_0527.jpeg

IMG_0528.jpeg

IMG_0529.jpeg
You don’t worry about bringing pests inside? CL🍀

You said bringing out into the morning sunlight so I assumed you were taking it outside. CL🍀
Oh I gotcha. No I have a widow that faces East so when my light comes on at 6 I let it wake up a little then when the sun pokes through I set her on a table and crack the window depending on how chilly it is

Morning selfie! Good sunshine this morning so I brought her out. She’s still heavily saturated from yesterdays kelp extract flush. Going to let her dry down a few days and drink up some nutrition.
The rolls of foil tape that I need to finish her final flowering home/my new grow cabinet will be here today so I have something to do. I don’t have the space for a tent the way my closet pitches with the roof so I decided to build one. I like smaller plants anyway as I just grow for the fun and the learning aspect, plus it will be easier to remedy issues.
I’ll post again in a few hours when I finish my grow cabinet and get her moved into her new home!

IMG_0533.jpeg

IMG_0534.jpeg

IMG_0535.jpeg

IMG_0536.jpeg

IMG_0537.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom