First Grow In A While

I also wanted to ask around about this product? They have a 2 oz package for 10 bucks on Amazon. I’d only be using about 1/2 tsp about once a week so I figured it would be worth a shot. I’ve seen it mentioned relatively often in grow forums.
Any advice from those that have used it would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_0532.png

That cabinet will work but I see light coming through the back on one picture make sure to block off the light coming in. IMO
I’m just waiting on the foil tape to get here before I put the back piece with the fans back on. The pic that you can see the black strips around the edge, that’s the back. The black strips are flex tape. When the foil gets here, I want to install it from edge to edge on all 4 walls. Then the back piece, the one with the fans, will be screwed back on, with the flex tape acting as a “gasket” to seal it. The front, the cardboard fake wood door, will be sealed on all 4 edges with that foam insulation tape to seal all those edges. And I’m going to put 90 degree elbows over the fans to draw in fresh air from the bottom, and expel the heat from the top.

I’m just waiting on the foil tape to get here before I put the back piece with the fans back on. The pic that you can see the black strips around the edge, that’s the back. The black strips are flex tape. When the foil gets here, I want to install it from edge to edge on all 4 walls. Then the back piece, the one with the fans, will be screwed back on, with the flex tape acting as a “gasket” to seal it. The front, the cardboard fake wood door, will be sealed on all 4 edges with that foam insulation tape to seal all those edges. And I’m going to put 90 degree elbows over the fans to draw in fresh air from the bottom, and expel the heat from the top.
Sounds like a nice plan happy growing.

Sounds like a nice plan happy growing.

Will it grow? I put a seed I had to germinate and forgot about it. The taproot ended up growing out about 2 inches. When I planted it, the head broke off! So my curiosity is going to let it be to see if it grows a new head and survives.

IMG_0540.jpeg
That would be interesting.

I’m hoping that’s what happens. The root was way developed and it’s deep down in decent soil. I really hope this works the way I think it will lol
Can't wait to see. Who knows it could be a great plant in any case if it lives it shows how tough these plants are.

Can't wait to see. Who knows it could be a great plant in any case if it lives it shows how tough these plants are.
Absolutely. I’ll have to start a new thread so it doesn’t get lost in this journal. I’m also thinking about going a step further and doing 12/12 from beginning to end that way I can keep it in the new grow cabinet when it’s done.

Absolutely. I’ll have to start a new thread so it doesn’t get lost in this journal. I’m also thinking about going a step further and doing 12/12 from beginning to end that way I can keep it in the new grow cabinet when it’s done.
That would be cool to see.

I heard a lot of members talking about using Mylar. I’m not sure if that’s what you’re planning to use but some of it is highly flammable so use caution. I’d hate to see a fellow Chicagoan grower have a 🔥 fire. CL🍀

I heard a lot of members talking about using Mylar. I’m not sure if that’s what you’re planning to use but some of it is highly flammable so use caution. I’d hate to see a fellow Chicagoan grower have a 🔥 fire. CL🍀
I’m using HVAC aluminum foil tape. Lays flatter and is waterproof/fireproof

So I finished the new cabinet. I just haven’t installed the light or the duct work. I’ll do that tomorrow because I’m reusing both from my frankenbarrel, and she’s currently in the night time half of her day.
I’m excited to see it all lit up and humming, since now I’ll be able to use my light at full power. I’ve had it dimmed down to 50% the entire duration of flower Simply because I didn’t have enough height in my barrel and it got pretty warm in there because it doesn’t have the air circulation I want. I’ll post again in the morning when the light comes on and I can get her situated in her new home.

IMG_0548.jpeg

IMG_0547.jpeg

IMG_0546.jpeg

IMG_0545.jpeg

IMG_0544.jpeg

So I finished the new cabinet. I just haven’t installed the light or the duct work. I’ll do that tomorrow because I’m reusing both from my frankenbarrel, and she’s currently in the night time half of her day.
I’m excited to see it all lit up and humming, since now I’ll be able to use my light at full power. I’ve had it dimmed down to 50% the entire duration of flower Simply because I didn’t have enough height in my barrel and it got pretty warm in there because it doesn’t have the air circulation I want. I’ll post again in the morning when the light comes on and I can get her situated in her new home.

IMG_0548.jpeg

IMG_0547.jpeg

IMG_0546.jpeg

IMG_0545.jpeg

IMG_0544.jpeg
Came out nice and the tape worked great.

You have severe Magnesium deficiency on all of your plants. FF is not very complete for growing Cannabis and I would rather look for a complete plant food Iike Maxibloom, MegaCrop, Floraflex, Athena, Dyna Gro, Canna, GH to name a few better alternatives.

To mitigate your Magnesium def you can spray Epsom salts as foliar in veg and add 1g per gallon to your nutrient feed.

Will it grow? I put a seed I had to germinate and forgot about it. The taproot ended up growing out about 2 inches. When I planted it, the head broke off! So my curiosity is going to let it be to see if it grows a new head and survives.

IMG_0540.jpeg
I think it should but not an area I’m familiar with so I dk? CL🍀

You have severe Magnesium deficiency on all of your plants. FF is not very complete for growing Cannabis and I would rather look for a complete plant food Iike Maxibloom, MegaCrop, Floraflex, Athena, Dyna Gro, Canna, GH to name a few better alternatives.

To mitigate your Magnesium def you can spray Epsom salts as foliar in veg and add 1g per gallon to your nutrient feed.
On all 1 of my plants? And foliage spray in veg when I’m clearly deep into flower? Peddling a list of products because you personally own them? I don’t need your advice bud.

I also wanted to ask around about this product? They have a 2 oz package for 10 bucks on Amazon. I’d only be using about 1/2 tsp about once a week so I figured it would be worth a shot. I’ve seen it mentioned relatively often in grow forums.
Any advice from those that have used it would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_0532.png

On all 1 of my plants? And foliage spray in veg when I’m clearly deep into flower? Peddling a list of products because you personally own them? I don’t need your advice bud.
Wow that's very defensive? Plant pictures, more than one of them from a plant that's been deprived from start to finish? All the best of luck! I'm just trying to give you pointers since you seem very new to this?

I think it's better to try to understand my post instead of being defensive? I've used most of those products throughout the years and know their content and mineral ratios. Foxfarm is not ideal in any way but you're free to keep doing what you're doing. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom