First Time Growing - Long Time Reader - Journal

DieselBeast0

Hello everyone here at 420Magazine!!:420:,

First time grower long time reader/researcher. I recently got my hands on a DeathStar Clone (according to the Dispensary not 100% I only say this because Ive learnt to not just trust what people say when it comes to clone genetics unless you know them etc) sorry rambling on. I am very excited to learn and share what Ive learnt and read on this site as well as others (This is the only one I have joined and probably will stay that way).

What Strain is it?
Death Star

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Hybrid, % is unknown until I get it flowered and tested.

How Many Plants?
One (1)

Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage?
Vegetative Stage 10/4/2014

If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?
So far 3 weeks

Indoor or Outdoor?
Indoor

Soil or Hydro?
Hydro

Reservoir size?
5 Gal (Currently using 4G and dropping she's thirsty)

Reservoir Temperature?
68-75F (I try to drop it when ever I can)

What type of Medium?
Clay Pellets

What type of Setup?
DWC

Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?
165W, One (1) (The light says 165W on it but on there site says 220W) Full Spectrum

Is it Air Cooled?
Not yet

Temperature of Room/Cabinet?
Avg. 81F lately

RH of Room/Cabinet?
55%

PH of Medium or Reservoir?
6.4 (Tap water was at 7.1PH)

PPM levels?
639 (Tap water was at 135PPM)

Any Pests?
None, thought I had spider mites but don't think so.

Type and Strength of Fertilizers used?
Dyna-Gro products:
Grow 7-9-5 (2 TSP ATM)
Foliage 9-3-6 (2 TSP ATM)
Pro-TeKt 0-0-3 (1 TSP ATM)
HydroGuard (1.5 TSP ATM)
Mag 2-15-4 (2 TSP ATM)
Bloom 3-12-6

Size or Square Footage of Room? 3X3X5

Current Temps/Numbers: (This is today present time not the same numbers as I mentioned above those were from 10/4/14)

RH:60%
Temp: 77F
Water Temp:74.5F
PH:5.9
PPM:642
Time: Monday 27 2014 OCT 11:29PM

Ill edit my post tomorrow with pictures I have taken 40 so far don't worry I won't post all 40!! :) Cya!!

Re: First Time Growing/Journal (Long time reader)

Those are my Photos for the last 3 weeks of vegging. I hope she stretches some more though. I did have to cut off 2 fan leaves due to me shocking her during the soil to hydro transfer. Also I listed HydroGuard as a Dyno-Gro product it isn't its a different one. If yalls got any questions or comments feel free to drop me a line (Text wise I don't do drugs:))

Re: First Time Growing/Journal (Long time reader)

Hey guys a quick little update and question for anyone passing through with any tips or advice Id appreciate it. First question is why is that single leaf have an over growth on the bottom left especially. Also, has anyone gotten any experience with the DeathStar strain??? I am wondering if she's supposed to be this small still since its been vegging for about a 5 weeks. Thanks!!

I don't have an answer, but I have a suggestion. While LEDs are great for growing, and from what I've heard they can make deficiencies noticeable much earlier to the naked eye, they tend to mess with how clearly things show up in photos because it casts everything in such an intense red/purple hue.

if you have a growth, pest, discoloring, I'd recommend to help with diagnosis that you take the picture under "normal" white light, and try to get as close as you can (clearly) to photograph the problem area, rather than a canopy shot from ~3' away.

There's lots of very knowledgeable & experienced folks on this board... I'm sure with a few better pics of your issue, you'll have many great suggestions ;)

Best of luck with it.

I don't have an answer, but I have a suggestion. While LEDs are great for growing, and from what I've heard they can make deficiencies noticeable much earlier to the naked eye, they tend to mess with how clearly things show up in photos because it casts everything in such an intense red/purple hue.

if you have a growth, pest, discoloring, I'd recommend to help with diagnosis that you take the picture under "normal" white light, and try to get as close as you can (clearly) to photograph the problem area, rather than a canopy shot from ~3' away.

There's lots of very knowledgeable & experienced folks on this board... I'm sure with a few better pics of your issue, you'll have many great suggestions ;)

Best of luck with it.

Good Point, heres some I took today.

This was the leaf I was speaking about the button left has an over growth compared to the right and also seems to have an extra small set of leafs under it.

Has anyone grown DeathStar before is she supposed to be this short at 4 weeks of vegging? Or anything they've heard about grower her etc etc?? Plz and thank you.:Namaste:

Also Update of the week I changed her water out cleaned it up and reloaded this time I fed her more food. Numbers will be posted below.

4Gal
7.1PH
113PPM
HydroGuard 2 tsp
Fol 3 tsp
Gro 3 tsp
Pro 3 tsp
Mag 2 tsp
New PH 6.1
New PPM 817 (930-113"Tap")

Hope all is well in your world.

Is your grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hope all is well in your world.

Is your grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hey!! I am back sorry I forgot my password to my email and then this password for the forums I didn't want to make a duplicate account but I finally am back! I appreciate the reply and moving my journal to the correct location.

Back to the grow!! She indeed was alive I cut her down a week early from January 5th due to family visiting sadly. Which in return forced my hand into some very sneaky curing. She (Named her Star short for well Death Star :love:) grew tall with popcorn like bud. That's only because I didn't give her a lot of ppm kept her around 500-600 range I did this to help keep her short and bushy which in the end I sorta wished I just put her up to 1k-2.5k ppm. I have a picture of her before I cut her down for my patients. I believe one of them has a picture of her still, she happened to come over and help harvest. I'D LOVE TO DO A STRAIN REVIEW!! My patient was kind enough to review it for me which I took notes from the trichomes to taste and aroma etc etc I also remember her having a picture of the total product amount roughly an ounce, she was extremely happy and is thinking of new strains for me to do with soil this time around. I am possibly going to get a real good location here soon and man oh man will it be great!

Feel free to move it to completed when ever you like. Ill add photos asap!!!

IMG_105041.JPG
IMG_104934.JPG
FullSizeRender122.jpg

Completed photos finally from my recovered hard drive pc died on me years ago finally had the tech to recover it.

Back
Top Bottom