Noreastfog, 12 Pot Ebb & Grow, First Ever Grow

ive run for weeks at 2800 ppm. beyond a certain number the plants wont take in such high levels...they go into survival mode. if you ph is ok. I find that anything over 2000 ppm is just spending money and stalling the plants

Pit, so forgetting the feeding charts recommended PPM, what do you think we should be maxing out at? I'm sitting at about 1500ish, would the plants benefit from higher amounts? I know this is partially based on experience, but for a couple of us newbies, this is great information you supplied!

SF

ive run for weeks at 2800 ppm. beyond a certain number the plants wont take in such high levels...they go into survival mode. if you ph is ok. I find that anything over 2000 ppm is just spending money and stalling the plants

Great info PV. Keep in mind that i think i have old nutes and i am just kinda trying to get all i can out of them until i get new nutes next week. Plus the double doses of nutes will only be for 2 weeks.

Pit, so forgetting the feeding charts recommended PPM, what do you think we should be maxing out at? I'm sitting at about 1500ish, would the plants benefit from higher amounts? I know this is partially based on experience, but for a couple of us newbies, this is great information you supplied!

SF
my personal experience is that your safe at 1600 ppm ALL the time. some plants take more like 1900-2100 but you will never hurt them at 1600. we tend to push our plants to see the limits but sometimes less is more.

Great info PV. Keep in mind that i think i have old nutes and i am just kinda trying to get all i can out of them until i get new nutes next week. Plus the double doses of nutes will only be for 2 weeks.

still doesnt sound like a good idea. 3000 ppm of anything isnt good. they will live but I would really would rec a sane ppm

I am going to start blooming some plants in about four days. 3 days ago i changed the res in my big system and added full strength grow nutes, bloom nutes, cal-mag, and liquid Karma. PPM is sitting just above 3 grand. Not going to flush at all when i switch the lights. Going to continue the grow nutes until 3rd week of flowering or when they stop stretching. For my 4 soil plants i am doing pretty much the same thing. This was all recommended to me by someone local who i trust. He has grown dank weed for as long as i can remember. He says it is akin to an athlete carbo loading before a game or a long run. He swears it cuts at least a couple weeks off of flowering times. My hydro plants really took off in past few days so who knows. Prolly kind of stupid of me to be experimenting on my first grow but nothing ventured nothing gained i suppose.

Cuts a few weeks off flowering time probably because they die. I wouldn't go more than 2000 ppm experimenting. Experiment with minor tweaks on the same strain from clones over and over and you will eventually see direct effects of your actions. Don't just dump a bunch of crap in and poison the plants. There may be some hearty strains out there that can survive that but doesn't mean they like it and there isn't anything out there that takes 2 weeks off of flower. Be patient and let your plants do what they do. if you have a touchy strain you may very well regret this.

I agree, your not going to find a product that will take a chunk of time off of flowering, you really just need to be patient and wait for the plant to become ripe naturally. Loading up a bunch of nutes will end up doing more harm than good.

Also, in 420fied's airoponic setup, check out his ppm's, they were down really low the entire grow and he had very good results. Alot of this is strain dependant too, some strains can handle more than others, and some will thrive on a very low ppm.

Kudos for having the balls to try. It comes from a source you trust, blaze a new trail.

That being said it doesn't fit my style. Less is more.

Not much excitement in the grow now (suits me just fine) Just lush (smelly) green growth :yummy:

Ya i love how it makes my house smell. It is like walking into a tropical rain forest.

Also, in 420fied's airoponic setup, check out his ppm's, they were down really low the entire grow and he had very good results. Alot of this is strain dependant too, some strains can handle more than others, and some will thrive on a very low ppm.

Funny, that was the very first journal i read here. 420fied is the man.

Checking in.

How we doing NEF?

SF

Funny you should ask. Busy week and weekend so far, I was just catching up on a little reading. A lot of journal entry notifications.

First things first, my 419 arrived, :cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley: first cruise will be tonight.

I did a Res change last night, Bloom nutes at 1400 PPM.

I was hoping to take pics this afternoon before light came on but wasn't able. They are becoming monsters, taking over the room. Very green and BUSHY. They could probably use a good trimming, but I have no idea what to do and haven't had time to read up on it either. What will be will be, May not achieve maximum yield, but will have some experience in the bank.

I have seen all of your new little babies, you've been busy. I'm going to pop over and post in yours.

NEF

Funny you should ask. Busy week and weekend so far, I was just catching up on a little reading. A lot of journal entry notifications.

First things first, my 419 arrived, :cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley: first cruise will be tonight.

Well alright! It's party time!!!

They are becoming monsters, taking over the room. Very green and BUSHY.

Ditto. I'm kind of "glad" that I had four males in the bunch, never would have made it in the closet I'm in. Going to have to move it on my next cycle. I feel like it's that plant from Little Shop of Horror.

I have seen all of your new little babies, you've been busy.

Gotta try and use that room for something, at least a couple of grows. thought it would be a good case for testing the lowryders, time will tell.

Thanks NEF. Can't wait to see your pics!

SF

I will post pics this evening of hopefully bushy healthy girls.

This weekend I got a cool little device to help monitor / manage the room. A weather station with wireless remote sensors. It gives me temp and RH, and also tracks daily Mins and Maxes.

This morning I checked it and it indicated a high temp of 88.4 at 6:30 AM. Holy F*ck. I had cracked open the infloor heat to keep the room from getting to cold with lights off and didn't back it off.

I took my new 419 pipe for a maiden cruise last night and wasn't thinking much.

I sneaked a peek this morning (the lights are off) and they just look a little wilted. Temps are back in normal range, so hopefully they bounce back with no harm done.

Your still in the 3 days of darkness correct? If so, when do the lights come baqck on?

Also, if you want to give them a trim, I would takethe lowest thin little branches off, which is called "lollipopping", this will help in a few ways. It will let the plant focus its energy on producing bigger buds up top, since it wont waste any energy on the little popcorn buds on bottom. Another benefit is better air flow, an oscillating fan at the floor level would let the air flow all around the room. But, it's your grow, so go with whatever you feel more comfortable with. I've done both, but prefer to do a slight trim of the smallest/lowest branches. Good luck!
Peace

Okay time for an update!!!

Day 37, Day 10 Bloom

I guess you could say things are going well. The girls are really taking over the room. I mean really really taking over. I probably would have flipped the switch a week earlier, but I have no idea what to expect.

I hope I don't have issues with supporting the girls when they become FAT.

Getting good photos is becoming a challenge. I will have to figure something out.

I also took pics of the remote weather station, it's kind of cool.
rsz_dscn7150.jpg

rsz_dscn7161.jpg

rsz_dscn7159.jpg

rsz_dscn7156.jpg

rsz_dscn7153.jpg

rsz_dscn7152.jpg

I hope I don't have issues with supporting the girls when they become FAT.

Holy Shit.
(Can I say that here?)

Phenomenal! NEF. Same question I asked McB today about supporting the plants. It amazes me how several times we've had the same thought...Errie.

Anyway, he said today he always stakes/supports his plants. So based on his recommendation, and before they get way outta hand, you should probably make this task your next milestone.

Reason I asked McB today was because I'm noticing a lot of leaning going on. Reminds me of looking at the leaning tower of Pisa. I don't know how I'm going to make it happen, because I'm using that sure-to-grow, so I just can't stick the steak in like hydroton.

Anyway, very impressive NEF. Bump...Bump.
SF

Back
Top Bottom