ICE Strain Grown in FFOF Soil with CFL Lights

Hey scarfinger thanks for coming by my journal hope you dont mind if I visit a while!
:)

Thanks Spimp. I am kind of proud of it. :) and I am eager to see how well this filter is going to work. 3 to 4 more weeks and I should be testing it out :)

it looks like you did an excellent job of setting up the filter i dont know how they perform but if it does then im sure it will work ! :reading420magazine:

The 3 ICE (upfront), Snow White (back left in 1 gal pot, HST, LST) and a Northern light tucked in just right of the Snow White.

P10002382.JPG

The ICE seem lighter in color than my SW and NL. I over watered a bit trying to flush out the soil after the initial flip. I probably should have gave them more than one day after transplanting to adjust. Maybe I got some "hot" soil? Who knows.

It has been 2 days without watering them (resisting the temptation) so by tomorrow they should be ready for a water. I plan on giving them a small does of VEG ferts too. Hopefully green them up a bit. I never really have used VEG ferts in flowering but now after following a few journals @420 I am realizing I should be... at least the first couple of weeks.

Snow White in the back looks good. Starting to flower.

Just an estimation on finishing date:
SW day One of 12/12 (5/24/13) +70 days = Aug 2nd
ICE day One of 12/12 (5/31/13) +70 days = Aug 9th
NL day One of 12/12 (6/4/13) +60 days = Aug 3rd

P10002371.JPG

The 3 ICE (upfront), Snow White (back left in 1 gal pot, HST, LST) and a Northern light tucked in just right of the Snow White.

P10002382.JPG

The ICE seem lighter in color than my SW and NL. I over watered a bit trying to flush out the soil after the initial flip. I probably should have gave them more than one day after transplanting to adjust. Maybe I got some "hot" soil? Who knows.

It has been 2 days without watering them (resisting the temptation) so by tomorrow they should be ready for a water. I plan on giving them a small does of VEG ferts too. Hopefully green them up a bit. I never really have used VEG ferts in flowering but now after following a few journals @420 I am realizing I should be... at least the first couple of weeks.

Snow White in the back looks good. Starting to flower.

Just an estimation on finishing date:
SW day One of 12/12 (5/24/13) +70 days = Aug 2nd
ICE day One of 12/12 (5/31/13) +70 days = Aug 9th
NL day One of 12/12 (6/4/13) +60 days = Aug 3rd

P10002371.JPG

Great job thus far! Keep up the :goodjob:

the only improvement i would make to your cabinet is to place a fan just below the glass to remove hot air and get an airflow pattern where cool air enters through the bottom and warm air is removed from the top of the box.

the only improvement i would make to your cabinet is to place a fan just below the glass to remove hot air and get an airflow pattern where cool air enters through the bottom and warm air is removed from the top of the box.

Thanks for the advice.

I have a 4" round hole at the back left with a 120VAC 4" Fan which is square. I thought about duck tapping around it to make a tighter fit. It pulls air from an air condition room (70°F) next to the flower box. Also four 2" round holes along the bottom for passive intake.

P10002392.JPG

and a 4" hole top center to pull hot air out. There is about a 2" gap along the sides of the plexiglass to allow cool air up and out the top. A 4" HO Centrifugal Fan - 155 cfm exhaust fan.

P1000245.JPG

Temps are running 82°F which is on the hot side. The room the box is in is around 90 to 95 degrees F.

when i recommended an exhaust placed just beneath the Plexiglas i was also looking to encourage a cross flow for your plants through your grow cabinet. i would re position the intake fan you have with it placed just below the Plexiglas blowing warm air from you box and exhausting.

when i recommended an exhaust placed just beneath the Plexiglas i was also looking to encourage a cross flow for your plants through your grow cabinet. i would re position the intake fan you have with it placed just below the Plexiglas blowing warm air from you box and exhausting.

I am pretty sure I understand what you are saying. Last grow I had a slightly bigger fan in there that I pointed up which got more air moving top side of the plants. I put a smaller fan in there this grow trying to squeeze out a little more room. Bad thing is the air is really only moving at the bottom of the plants (fan only adjust to horizontal and down) for a low "cross flow" and then getting pulled out the top.

I am thinking about maybe adding something that I could clip a fan higher to get a better "cross flow" at the top of the plant and keep heat from building up under the plexiglass.

Thanks for the advice!

First of all, I would trade your box for mine in a heartbeat! Looks svery nice sir! My only comment would be I have found the white plastic "ballast" is where all the heat is, not the bulbs. If you could have vents closer to the ballast instead o the middle I think it would drop temps dramatically. But Im confident you will fins a better solution, because you definatley built a better mousetrap than me! :):)

My only comment would be I have found the white plastic "ballast" is where all the heat is, not the bulbs.
Interesting. I honestly never even thought of the "ballast" as a major heat producer. Amazing how you learn something everyday.

Not sure I am going to make any major changes to my box... But it does make me think. I could have recessed the ballast out of the grow area to limit some heat production... Hmmm

Thanks Spimp

Interesting. I honestly never even thought of the "ballast" as a major heat producer. Amazing how you learn something everyday.

Not sure I am going to make any major changes to my box... But it does make me think. I could have recessed the ballast out of the grow area to limit some heat production... Hmmm

Thanks Spimp

Very good idea. And I agree that if what you got is working, keep it going. Although Im guilty of the constant tinker, I think its better to complete the grow, fix, start again. These girls seem to get used to about whatevr you throw at em! Your doing great sir.

Approximately 16 days in flower. Applied some light LST on the 2 main branches to open up the middle.

ICE with LST
P10002682.JPG

P10002601.JPG

Top Shot
P10002593.JPG

All 3 ICE (the runt in Veg has turned out to have the most stretch in flower)
Runt it in the middle
P10002673.JPG

Not everything has been perfect. Had some root burn? after transplant and got this:
P10002631.JPG

Also some potassium deficiency, started as dark necrosis and has progressed to crispiness. Also later on it now looks like some magnesium/nitrogen deficiency which was only in the bottom fan leaves.
P10002661.JPG

My Snow White is looking good at 23 days flower. This is the biggest plant I have ever flowered. LST and HST in a gallon pot.
P10002711.JPG

Snow White outside the box
P10002722.JPG

Snow White bud shot
P10002731.JPG

ICE bud shot, 16 days flower
P10002622.JPG

Group shot
P1000279.JPG

Doing ok so far. Added some cal/mag most recently. Also started some flower ferts at half strength.

Kind of long post...

Until next time

Back
Top Bottom