The Great Tennessee Pot Cave: Pics & Video

WaVancouver

...Everything for a secret marijuana cave....

THE GREAT TENNESSEE DRUG BUST

In December 2005, Fred Strunk, Brian Gibson, and Greg Compton were arrested for their part in constructing and operating a secret marijuana farm in a cave under their house.

Their pot farm was located on Dixon Springs Road in eastern Trousdale County, Tennessee. This area is about 40 miles northeast of Nashville.

Trousdale County is not exactly a well-known center for criminal activity. Located in the hills of rural northern Tennessee, Trousdale is the smallest county in the state.

This story seemed like an episode straight out of the Dukes of Hazzard - three super-smart rogues trying to outwit the hick country sheriff! However, this time it was the police who came away the winner.

What the police discovered was nothing short of amazing. Operating on reports of suspicious activity, they raided a beautiful A-frame home built in the middle of nowhere. From the outside, the pot house looked like a beautiful vacation home out in the woods, but investigators quickly realized the exterior served as a prop designed to conceal the amazing pot farm below. There was a lot more going on in that house than met the eye.

In an underground cavern located beneath the stylish A-frame home, the police found a sophisticated operation which grew as much as "100 pounds of marijuana every eight weeks". This secret high-tech underground cave seemed more likely to be part of a Hollywood drug movie too crazy to believe, except that in this case it was real.

It is reported that they earned $6.8 million a year in sales of the marijuana.
The growers got caught because the electric company noticed too much electricity was going to the house. Unfortunately, these people were caught and prosecuted and they seemed to "disappear" from the face of the earth.
-------------
AND NOW THE PHOTOS:

Image14.jpg

Image24.jpg

Image42.jpg

Image51.jpg

Image161.jpg

Image6.jpg

Imag3.jpg

Image10.jpg

Image131.jpg

Re: The Great Tennessee Pot Farm (With Pics)

It's further proof that stoner's are innovative people.

The cave was already there in the middle of nowhere on his land so they built an A-frame house over it and grew pot. And it cost him over $750,000 to make (just the marijuana systems, hydraulic doors, lighting, etc) and it did not include the price of the house!

This bust hppened a long time ago...Either that or alot of people have secret caves of paradise now' days. Its so innovative that I wish I knew the guy. Mainly so I could sit there and admire the man for creating such a magnificent structure for growig.

^ Probly done been seized and dimolished. The guy is gone for a VERY long time. And if somebody is living there they would be out of their minds if they even thought about growing anything but basil =]

NOPE, it is now a state tourist attraction (not shitting you) and tourists go there every day

But the house burnt down.

They rebuild it or somethin' else?

Where's da' pics Buba?

I got confused. I thought it was a tourist attraction. It was--for awhile. In reality, the DEA was holding open houses and auctions to auction off stuff at the house for over a year.
New Jersey-based cheesemaker Roth Kase recently bought the Tennessee Pot Cave from drug-enforcement authorities in an auction, shelling out $285,000 for the approximately 600 sq. ft. former marijuana factory.

I am with you on that what did they thing the electric company wouldn't catch on?
I would have definetly invested in solar and maybe even some Hydrogen cells. Also they could have been a bit more stealth with the hydralic door. I would have really taken the time to set the place up so they would have had to use a bulldozer to find the door. Hindsight is always 20/20.

I would have invested in the little mini windmill wind generators (the ones that cost $5,000) that would power 3-4 rooms and also have solar power as well. They can attach to your roof. Hell, even a gas generator would be good to use on a daily basis just to run it a few hours a day just so it would reduce power use that the electric company wouldn't know what was up.
Have you guys seen the RV and bus solar panels that includes a generator to power lights and appliances in RVs? The highest watt compacity that a single RV panel would allow is 450watts an hour and they cost around $3,000 for the panel. You know nasty people have mobile "m*th labs" in RVs? Now you can have a 450watt solar-rigged RV to grow your greens in. haha!

I would have invested in the little mini windmill wind generators (the ones that cost $5,000) that would power 3-4 rooms and also have solar power as well. They can attach to your roof. Hell, even a gas generator would be good to use on a daily basis just to run it a few hours a day just so it would reduce power use that the electric company wouldn't know what was up.
Have you guys seen the RV and bus solar panels that includes a generator to power lights and appliances in RVs? The highest watt compacity that a single RV panel would allow is 450watts an hour and they cost around $3,000 for the panel. You know nasty people have mobile "m*th labs" in RVs? Now you can have a 450watt solar-rigged RV to grow your greens in. haha!
I think your confusing some terms. I RV a lot and own two rv's right now. The solar panels feed a battery bank and the batteries feed a inverter or converter. The inverter takes 12 volts dc and inverts it to 110volts ac. Some higher end RV's have built in inverters that control everything in their RV including power from a shore cord and a solar array.
I have a converter in my rv. Most are built this way. My rv uses the converter to turn 110volts ac to 12 volts dc. and to redistribute 12 volts throughout the trailer when plugged in or from the battteries.
A generator produces it's own electricity. I have 3 of them right now. A 3500/4000watt to run the air conditioner on the trailer. A old loud 1850 watt for home outages and general purpose and a small quieter 1200 watt unit for just recharging batteries or watching tv in the rv when air conditioning isn't needed.

Back
Top Bottom