White Widdow
60% Sativa
Currently seedlings planted Sunday 9th of december
Indoor 4x3x6 tent with 4inch carbon filter and exhaust fan
Soilless
4 HLG 135s 3500k for veg and flower
Currently using 1 hlg 65 4000k for seedlings

Room is currently 23 degrees Celsius and RH of 55%

PH of the soiless medium seems to stay at 7 even though I lowered the ph of the water to 6.2.
Any Pests ? No
How often are you watering?
Have only sprayed the seedlings with water once since pre soaking the soil with technaflora thrive alive b1 red at the recommended dose from the technaflora feeding chart.
Type and strength of ferts used?
Technaflora recipe for success kit. (I need help on how to use these in my medium.

Attachments

• 20181211_175356.jpg
    20181211_175356.jpg
    604.9 KB · Views: 222
Hi, let your seedlings pop up before feeding them.
@Pennywise @InTheShed have you grown with the above nutrients and medium?

This is my very first grow other than the 3 plants a stunted which are still alive but not too healthy.

Currently the seedlings are all above the medium with the first 2 leaves and tiny second 2 leaves after the cotyledon.

I was looking through the faq thread about nutrients but habe not come across someone using the technaflora line yet but I am only on page 3 of that thread.

I use soil with no nutrients at all and I only use distilled water for the first 2 weeks or so. After that I start around ¼ the listed strength and go up slowly from there as they grow.

In the early stages the sprouts like evenly moist but not wet soil. It's way too early to have the tap root searching for water. That comes ones there are more roots spreading in all directions.

I don't pH my water until I start feeding nutrients.

What is your soil-less medium? Looks like soil!

I use soil with no nutrients at all and I only use distilled water for the first 2 weeks or so. After that I start around ¼ the listed strength and go up slowly from there as they grow.

In the early stages the sprouts like evenly moist but not wet soil. It's way too early to have the tap root searching for water. That comes ones there are more roots spreading in all directions.

I don't pH my water until I start feeding nutrients.

What is your soil-less medium? Looks like soil!

Thank you for your advice. It looks like soil but it's organic potting mix of Pete bark spheglum and perlite. It is my understanding that this is soiless but is confusing me.

Do my seedlings look moist enough? Read so much about over watering and since it's my first time I don't have a feel for it yet.

Your soil should need watering more often than soil, follow Sheds advice on feeding. Make sure you have plenty of holes in your cups for good drainage.

I drilled 8 holed in the bottom with a 5/32 drill bit. Was thinking that should be good.

I had not watered since planting a few days ago. This morning I used a spray bottle and sprayed the top of the soil a bit.

Thank you for your input.

C
Looks like soil to me! And they look dry. I'd pour some distilled water around the outside edge of the cup and then more right down the middle where the stem is.

Cool I'll get some distilled water and hit them with it.

Here is the only information I could find that is useful about the soil I'm using. Maybe you will know to tell me weather to treat it as soil or soiless in terms of ph and such. Organic Soil Can Be Nutrient Deficient Soil - Garden Myths

"This potting soil is 100% organic with zero nutrients."

I've read that peat moss is more acidic than regular potting soil so you may want to do a slurry test to see what the pH of your mix is:
The Ultimate Guide to Testing Soil pH

And if Penny says it needs more water than soil I'll go with his wisdom. He has a hell of a lot more growing experience than I do!

Either way, plants this young don't need nutrients. The cotyledon leaves are what young plants use for food, as nature intended.

Back
Top Bottom