Ripped Van Winkles Bubbling White Widow / Ice Journal - 2010

Re: Ripped van Winkles Bubbling White Widow/Ice Journal - 2010

Well hey Roseman, I'm tickled you stopped by. It was fun, and exciting. One other word of thanks: For the tip about ONA. I've got a Bubba Kush going from bag seed that's in the bloom room now, and the LEAVES of this plant smell pretty strong. I put a jar of ONA in the room, just loosened the lid and laid it back on the bottle, the odor is gone. Not covered up, it's gone... there is a very faint hint of the ONA it'self, but nothing I'd worry about leaking out of the room. A very impressive result for odor control.

I can't imaging having a grow odoriferous enough to build your ONA bucket...

A parting shot on my ICE plant, I cut the last of her after another week on plain water. All the Trichomes had turned amber and it looks like it will be sufficient to push the total for that plant to 3 ounces. I've never grown that much weed even when I had 4 plants in the room. (they were in soil)

Bubbles rule, that's all I can say.

Great grow Rip.
I am shock you got 3 oz out of that one plant.
I am doing a couple of plants of ICE and Bubblelious and if I get 3 oz out of one plant, I am
going to be tickle pink. lol
The only sad part I am feeling is I didn't find your grow journal till now. If I would of known, I would of followed you all the way.
Would like to ask you what was the time period of flowering on the ICE was?
55 days?

I do have some WW female seeds that I believe I will attempt in my next grow.
What is it you think you did wrong in the nutes?

again :goodjob: and :peacetwo: to ya brother.

Shotgun

ICE Bloom Period

I think the site I bought the seeds from said the ICE was 8 weeks and the Widow 8-9.

ICE: Was in Bloom for 9 full weeks, but I let one big cola and a bunch of little mid-tier buds go 2 more (on plain water) to see what fully amber ICE is like...have not tasted that yet.

White Widow:
I left both plants in the veg nutrients for the first week, and at the end of week one I replenished adding Big Bud to the mix. I now think I would veg another week and then replace vs. replenish. She needed more roots to drive the bud production... but I had also broken a center cola off the plant early on... and that had an affect too.

When I get some Widow back in the bloom room I will do that, then keep her on the Big Bud till the growth slows (3 weeks for sure), and switch to Overdrive till things just stop.

Life Flows Rose...

I know what you mean about Jesus. I recall the conversation also...wondered if I'd spooked you away when I said I was a Charismatic Catholic, but I chose to believe that my little grow just was little... and you were just as cool as you seem in your posts. <silver tongued me smiling>

I didn't ask questions so I think that made the thread get buried on page 2 pretty quick after my updates. Made the thread easy to miss. No worries here mate!

Ok Rip,
Thanks for the info, appreciate it. Time to go check on my girls.
Thanks again.
Shotgun

Ok Rip,

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. Give me something to look forward to and try not to make the same mistake with WW when I start it.
Thanks again.
rep to ya rip, nice grow.
Shotgun

opps double posted on me, started one and started another. posted both. lol sorry. \

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

I'm moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Sending you lots of positive energy through the Universe.

Reefa - Nice suggestion, I've long known about the advantages of transpiration increased by a fan... just never gotten around to doing it.. I think too that in my current setup I'm winning the heat battle easily (well not in the summer) and moving air would disturb my temperature zones... mixing the temps top to bottom.

Peace folks!

A fan increases your plants strength and vitality by moving it around, helps to strengthen stalk, etc. If you are not happy with yields, try a $20 fan to move things around, see if something changes. In nature, around your plants it is pretty much the same temp and humidity. It's only when you differentiate by a significant distance that you get temperature zones. It would be better for your plants if they thought they were outside (the whole idea?), and you just might end up with a little bit more bud to boot!

Back
Top Bottom