Soil - White Widow - LED - Grow Journal - 2010

I am really interested on how well your charcoal filter works? I have one of the bigger can filters and it works great. But if you filter works good I might have to switch to it. Yours is a little cheaper and smaller.

One other thing I noticed about your cab is a little bit of light leakage with the doors shut. I had the same issue and I used weather stripping around the doors to seal it all up. When you flip to flower it would be good to plug any light leaks.

Awesome job on the setup man. It looks really good and clean! :grinjoint:

Sick! New led grow! Love watching those things do what they do. I can't wait to see what the 180 can do with more than one plant. I'm in the same boat so good I can have somebody to compare to. U ever think of added cfl's? I know I will need it because I'm goin to try about 4-6 plants in mine. If I can get that far :Rasta:

Hey man glad to see there is other 180 threads out there i am very exited to see some comparable results as i was considering doing a DWC next round so i am subscribed to yours. as for CFL's i didn't consider them cause of how my box literally has 2" gap all the way around the 180watt so i assume the footprint is larger than my box but i could see how they could be beneficial on the lower branches if you guys think so i will definitely add them in!

Hey man, I saw your Signature in a post you did in Trichtones thread, another Led grow, and one of my favorite strains of all time. I'm IN!! :goodjob:
Great looking grow so far brother! keep up the good work + Reps

SG

thanks guys lets make this WW perform for you then! :wood:

Nice setup! I love the stealthiness of it. White Widow is one of my favorite strains. I will be watching this one for sure! +reps to you.

:nicethread:

I am really interested on how well your charcoal filter works? I have one of the bigger can filters and it works great. But if you filter works good I might have to switch to it. Yours is a little cheaper and smaller.

One other thing I noticed about your cab is a little bit of light leakage with the doors shut. I had the same issue and I used weather stripping around the doors to seal it all up. When you flip to flower it would be good to plug any light leaks.

Awesome job on the setup man. It looks really good and clean! :grinjoint:

TY Trichtone for the great ideas i appreciate your input on flowering height and how different strains react differently i will have to do some research and possibly pull the HS clone out and relocate it. the weatherstripping is already installed as soon as i read your thread i knew i wanted it it was just a matter of swinging by the store and i got around to it last week i should take another photo with box closed. the only light i have coming out is the passive air intake 4" round i put on the bottom that i have a piece of fabric covering. As for the filter i was super surprised when the guy at the hydro store said it would work but he guaranteed it since the Cubic Feet was so small so i will be sure to write up a nice review when the flowering comes around but for now it smells like a hospital.

Aright everyone heres a photo from last night with the 2 girls sleeping. after a long hard think today i decided the HS was a mistake and am currently relocating it. today i we watered with bat guano and Roots excel along with topping of the 4 highest nodes and trimming of the under branches i think she looks pretty sexy and nice light penetration. BTW thats the passive intake with white cloth covering it.
thanks for taking a look!

IMG_7445_copy.jpg

IMG_7446_copy.jpg

IMG_7449_copy.jpg

IMG_7450_copy.jpg

How much you been watering? Kinda looks a lil droopy or was it always like that, jw.

SG

yes i noticed a funky smell coming from my roots so i decided to go from 2 days water to a 3 day gap. well today she was really thirsty and wilted, upon giving her 4 letires of water she began to have runoff with theses small bugs in it. Anyone Pleas help Identify them!! :trance:
IMG_7453_copy.jpg

IMG_7452_copy.jpg

IMG_7451_copy.jpg

I would agree, looks like a gnat infestation.

I putting my money on gnats.

Look into diatomaceous earth

AND

Predatory nematodes

problem solved......naturally and organically

Hang some sticky fly traps, those will catch the adults which fly around and any other insect that makes its way in your room.

Check my sig for the problem solver thread, they look like a mite =/ root mite?

SG

well i did some reading on Root Aphids because i didn't see any wings on them.
Root aphids colonize and suck juices from roots in many mediums including horticultural pebbles, rockwool and planting mixes. They are persistent, so it requires some discipline to eliminate them. There are several organic products that can be used without affecting the plant, the buds, or the safety of the buds for later human consumption. The first is organic pyrethrum. This is a natural insecticide gathered from a chrysanthemum-type flower. There are several brands of liquid concentrate. If pyrethrum liquid is not available at your local nursery or garden shop you can order it on the internet.

Botanigard is an insecticide that is composed of a living fungus, beauveria bassiana. This fungus seeks out aphids and infects them, causing death. Then it releases spores waiting for more victims. It also works to control whiteflies and thrips. You can order it at many garden stores or through garden websites on the internet.

Neem oil and citrus oil have also been used to kill aphids, but they sometimes affect the roots. Test them on a sample plant before using either of them in the garden.

The aphids should be treated every other day with a minimum of six treatments. Rotate the insecticides. Botanigard can be combined with pyrethrum. The neem and citrus oils can be mixed with each other as well as pyrethrum. The idea is to totally eliminate the pests.

If the plants are growing in a hydroponic system, rather than mixing the treatment in the reservoir, make a special batch of water. Turn off the hydroponic system and water the plants using a watering can. Let the insecticide water stay in the root area for at least an hour before turning the hydroponic unit back on.

Once the aphids are gone, it is difficult for them to reinfect. They were probably introduced to your garden by a new element such as a clone or infected planting mix.

or do we wanna go ahead and say gnats? thanks everyone for the help p.s. the plant responded beautifully to the extra watering/trim and exploded with new growth.

Hope that bug problem can be solved soon! I just got a bottle of 'dont bug me' from fox farms. I haven't had any issues with bugs thus far, but preventive measures are always a good thing!

Plants look good. Subscribed!

Hope that bug problem can be solved soon! I just got a bottle of 'dont bug me' from fox farms. I haven't had any issues with bugs thus far, but preventive measures are always a good thing!

Plants look good. Subscribed!

ah thanks ill have to check it out i recently thought about it and no matter how sanitary my environment is every time i open the door i loose that so before next grow i am going to really clean the closet around my box

Hey everyone sorry was having some camera issues but i went ahead and got a working one. so i think were on our final days of veg here before we switch to 12/12 after a 36 period of darkness.

This is the plant before i gave it a nice trim.
IMG_7522_copy.jpg

took a good amount off the inside and lower branches that wont be getting any light.
IMG_0045_copy.jpg

and my canopy after the trim.
IMG_0033_copy.jpg

so i decided to leave the lights off last night so Sunday afternoon will be 36hours darkness and she will be ready to begin flowing. a big mistake i made this grow is my sub strait has so much pearl light it is practically hydro this requires very frequent waterings. next time around i will use a more even blend to create better water retention. havening to figure out the the proper watering schedule was quite a pain and i feel slowed growth for a few days during veg. now we just sit back and start introducing my week 1 flowering guano and in the next week some Dutch Master Liquid Light 1L - NUTRIENT & PH - NU-ME-LL1L

Back
Top Bottom