Looking good!

Why is the maui Perlite discolored? Did I miss something? Maybe the lights?

Thanks! I'm excited about these two! The Maui is in recycled perlite, so I guess it got discolored from the nutes I used last time. It doesn't look quite so discolored to my naked eye.

That looks like standard old leaf variegation to me Mac!

Thank you! I feel intensely relieved!

Smoke Report

The Northern Lights x Big Bud Ryder has been curing for 4 weeks now, so I ground some up to have my first taste last night. The first thing I do after grinding is, of course, smell it. These buds have the loveliest sweet scent! I still need to taste it in my Journey 3, but in the bong, it's a mellow flavor that I can't quite place. I've only used it one evening, so after a few more days of using it, I'll have a better idea how it is. I would have had more tonight, but I opted for...

Gorilla Glue #4 x White Widow
This is my new favorite strain. I love the potency, I love how it fills my head with ideas! Love, love, love! It absolutely ignites my creativity like no other strain. This is potent weed that gets this high-tolerance toker happy in just 3 hits. I'll continue to enjoy everything else I've grown, but this. THIS. OMG.

(and she hermied on me, so I have a bunch of her seeds! and one even germinated)

The girls are 3 weeks into veg now and doing well. Since it rained all weekend, I put out a little 3-gallon bin to collect some of it, used a 25-micron bubble bag to filter out the crap that went into the bin with the water, and mixed up the nutes in the rain water. Van Stank's plants seem to love the rain water, so maybe my girls will too! I don't have a rain barrel, but I do what I can.

Panama x Malawi
I haven't been as diligent about training as I should be. Hempy makes growing so easy, I run the risk of forgetting them altogether! (Not really.) Even if I go too long between waterings, I have yet to see these girls wilt from thirst.

Maui Waui
She's still a shortie compared to her tent-mate, but I'm not unhappy with her progress. I did a little trim after taking these pics because I couldn't get in there to adjust her tie-downs as bushy as she was.

Sounds like that GG4 x White Widow is some good stuff! I can't say I was overly impressed with our GG4 Auto, but I did have to chop her early due to bud rot so who knows what 2-3 more weeks might have given her.

Who was that cross from?

Sounds like that GG4 x White Widow is some good stuff! I can't say I was overly impressed with our GG4 Auto, but I did have to chop her early due to bud rot so who knows what 2-3 more weeks might have given her.

Who was that cross from?

My Alien vs Triangle cob is pretty darn nice too! The GG4xWW was from expert seeds. I'll def grow it again!

I have been neglectful of late on updates to this journal. The plants are doing great! I flipped to 12/12 on Dec 18.

Panama x Malawi
She took a couple weeks to start putting out flower-like thingies in her tops since the flip, but she's working it! I've had to supercrop her three times to keep her height under control, but she didn't seem to mind it. Her tops all turned upward quickly afterward.

Maui Waui
She's caught up, height-wise, to PxM (but that's because of PxM supercropping!), so the canopy of both plants is about the same. She developed her preflowers and flowers earlier, too, so I suppose she was readier for the flip than the PxM was. She's looking good, though she's getting crowded by the more aggressive PxM in the tent. I can smell her pretty fragrance when I open the tent.

My next grow (after a break!) will be a single plant in that tent. On a Lazy Susan. :)

Garden is looking great Mac! That PxM takes long because of the Panama in her. Those Equatorial sativas don't really respond to the "flip". The reason for that is they are native to an area that generally has a fairly equal amount of light most the year. So they flip in conjunction to an appropriate light cycle and them hitting their sexual maturity which can take longer than non-equatorial sativas.

Essentially that means when you flipped it, it wasn't at its sexual maturity so until she hit that mark, she won't flower out regardless of what you do. If you vegged them until you saw pre flowers, and then flipped.....she would throw pistils like normal strains do (a week to two weeks).

Oh! I didn't realize. That's good to know for next time, thanks! I'm pleased with their progress, but I hope they don't hit the roof!

I had to swap the lights in the tent. The Growant 480 that was above the PxM is now over the M-W, and the Mars Hydro 480 that was over the M-W is now above the PxM. The M-H480 can be 10-12 inches away during flower, where the Gw480 needs 18-22 inches.

Panama x Malawi
She's taking over the tent! I should have grown this plant in a tent by herself. This weekend, I'll have to get some long dowels and tie her to them. She's already starting to flop around a little.

Maui Waui
She's doing great. She's smaller and sparser, but I think it's partly because she got crowded by the more aggressive PxM. Grown alone in this tent, I think she'd do much better. I had to take her out of the tent to swap the lights. Not only is she heavy, but she flopped so much that one of her cola stalks broke! I taped it and tied it to the tomato cage, so fingers crossed it'll be OK. Dowels for this one too!

Looks like you have a wild woman in that Panama x Malawi. I grabbed some beans of those a month or two ago...looking forward to seeing how these do for you so I know whats in store!

Looking great sis....straight amazon girl!

Thanks much, Van. She's gotten nicer than I expected, but swapping the lamps is helping. And supercropping. LOL

Thanks much, Van. She's gotten nicer than I expected, but swapping the lamps is helping. And supercropping. LOL
You can also just kind of pull them down a bit if you room laterally. I was thinking of trying a new trick on the long and lanky girls. I want to take piece of twine and a couple small washers and find how much weight I need to make her lean down enough to keep her where I want. I would imagine over time as they put on the weight, they will no longer need as many washers (or fishing weights....just something small that you can add or take away) and you can remove a couple every week or so until you no longer need them. Just a different way of trying to do the same thing without bending or tying them down. Guess I get bored doing the same thing all the time so I try to think of different ways to do similar things. I like to encourage thinking outside the box! Especially when high!! :passitleft::high-five:

Guess I get bored doing the same thing all the time so I try to think of different ways to do similar things. I like to encourage thinking outside the box! Especially when high!! :passitleft::high-five:

I'm with you! When the ladies were little, I used fishing weights to start their training. They're big enough now that I'd need ankle weights. Haha
And look! It's 4:20 again... :roorrip:

Looking good Mack!! I gotta hawii maui waui freebie that ive been thinking of starting. Yours looks nice, im really curious about the potentcy when shes done.

Hiya SKD! I'll be sure to write a smoke report when it's ready, but if you're like me, you won't want to wait that long. :D

Back
Top Bottom