Max's First Grow - Soil - LED - Painkiller XL

Mo pics

20160330_193424-1.jpg

20160330_193420-1.jpg

20160330_193338-1.jpg

Better pictures taken with two of us. One to supply the light and one to take the pictures.

Does this look ready to harvest in a few days?

If it were me I would take it now.

I can see some amber and cloudy there, id go looking at them

Thanks guys. +reps for the help.

Is the idea of chopping first thing in the morning just before lights on an essential thing? If it is then will I miss the boat if I wait 2 - 3 days until I have time in the morning?

Exciting yet nerve wracking times.

At this point to avoid couchlockiness I would harvest whenever the earliest convenient time would be. I have heard things both ways with the harvest times. But each day will amber more trichomes so it is 6 of one and a half dozen of the other. You can make any time in the dark period morning if you turn the lights on.

I also hang my plants in diffuse light for a few days on the border of the garden (on 12/12 flowering time). It helps to use up some of the residual nutrients in the plant.

At this point to avoid couchlockiness I would harvest whenever the earliest convenient time would be. I have heard things both ways with the harvest times. But each day will amber more trichomes so it is 6 of one and a half dozen of the other. You can make any time in the dark period morning if you turn the lights on.

I also hang my plants in diffuse light for a few days on the border of the garden (on 12/12 flowering time). It helps to use up some of the residual nutrients in the plant.

Muchos gracios. I'll give that a whirl.

Painkiller XL#1 Harvest - 8 Weeks 5 Days Flip, 6 Weeks 5 Days Flower

A little early but looked ready. Got 286g main buds and 22g popcorn (wet weight). Total 308g. If we assume dry weight is 25% of wet weight we're looking at 2.75oz from one of the three plants. Not too bad :)

IMG_46914.JPG

IMG_46934.JPG

Pictures of Blueberry#1 to follow.

The main bulk was harvested just before lights on this morning and split across 5 paper bags and put on the grow room floor. RH in the tent is 36%, hence the bags. I am somewhat worried about mould or rot at this point in time. Any advice would be welcome.

Quick Update

Work has been crazy so not had much time to provide any updates.

The buds were cut and put in paper bags in the grow room for 3 days. On Sunday we trimmed off all the fan leaves and stalks as waste. Then we separated sugar trim and popcorn buds from full buds.

IMG_47053.JPG

IMG_47066.JPG

The reason for not cutting off leaves initially is because the tent is at 35% RH and I wanted to slow the dry out.

Must dash, back to the grind. Later on I hope to catch up with all your grows.

Thanks for all the good wishes. More anon.

Looks awesome max!

Cheers Welsh. I put them in jars with 62% RH Boveda packs yesterday but RH went up to 70% quite quickly so the buds are back in paper bags in a cardboard box in a cold room without a radiator. The air in the box is hovering at 60% RH which is good enough for me. Mould and bud rot are my biggest worries right now. Before long I'll take the buds out of the bags and spread them around in the box. Does this sound like the right approach?

If I check the dry and cure methods of 10 people, I'll get 10 different methods. To me this bit is harder than the entire grow so far and I've only chopped one plant. The other two plants look like they will have a higher yield than PK-XL#1. I bought another 9 Mason jars in anticipation and think the Blueberry has at least a week to go. The other Painkiller may be ready a few days earlier.

Do you think the boveda packs are worth the money honestly? I wish thinking about getting some. I can understand the humidity issue, we get 40% in the tent on a good day. It has mostly hovered in the 30s the entire grow.

I'm looking it as it's less than £1 per jar (around $1). That's pretty cheap insurance for a high value crop. It's worth it for the stress reduction factor - rightly or wrongly.

I don't yet know if they truly work but for the price and peace of mind I gave it a go. I'm guessing it's not so important for experienced growers used to the drying and curing process.

The buds aren't in the tent any more - RH% was way too low. If I had a veg tent they would be in there with the higher RH%. I think it has to be around 60% for a good slow dry. The tent is at 35%. I'd guess your 40% is a little bit too dry.

I could be completely wrong though. Has anyone nailed the dry process and if so what RH% do you aim for?

Back
Top Bottom