420 Magazine Background

Timing the cationic drench

ShiggityFlip

Member of the Month: Jan 2016, Aug 2017 - Nug of the Month: June 2017 - Photo of the Month: Sept 2016
I think the most subtle decision to make when trying out this High Brix method of Docbud's is when to apply the cationic drench. In the instructions it states:

**Cat Drench: This is used right when buds set. It is strongly reproductive in effect and if used at the wrong time will result in stunted growth and lower yields. Used at the proper time, unprecedented resin formation takes place. It is used twice in a row (no water in between applications). Using Cat Drench late in bloom may increase certain flavors and smells, but it also results in a more "gamey" flavor in produce.

So it takes some judgement to decide when buds have "set." I thought I would start a thread where we can post
Pics and ask the opinion of other DBHBB growers as to the timing of the cat drench. Then when the grow is complete show pics of the buds at drench and at harvest. This will enable us to have a set of data on the effects of the cat drench when applied at different times. It will also help new people to know when to drench by looking through the thread.

DrZiggy

Member of the Month: April 2016

SmokeyMcFly

shiggity, looks great! I would even do the AO5 either at same time or a day or 2 away..:thumb:
theyre already frosting..
also.. the wayahead10x too :)
Agreed they're ready :MoreNutes:

Looking great :high-five:

DrZiggy

Has it in it already or has it in it meaning add 1/4 oz transplant to the drench?
Cat Drench has Transplant in it already when prepared/mixed by Doc..its part of the formula :)

Major PITA

Member of the Month: Oct 2015, June 2016
Yup, nothing but cat drench at cat drench time. I usually try to get mine in between day 18 and 21 but that also depends on what the plant is looking like at the time
I add Tea with Cat. "All drenches are served with Tea."

DrZiggy

shiggity, is it ok if we post the 'After CD' pics and (obviously) the 'Before CD' pics?
-it will show the contrast that when the plant loves(or doesnt) the CD in just a few days. :thumb:

Major PITA

Do we know why some love the Cat drench and some do not?
In my situation, one GT+ loved it. The other is going to tell me in a few days. One Grape Ape loved it and the other hated it.

These pictures are when I decided to give them their first Cat drench.

Sativa Cat

Indica Cat

DrZiggy

ShiggityFlip

Member of the Month: Jan 2016, Aug 2017 - Nug of the Month: June 2017 - Photo of the Month: Sept 2016
shiggity, is it ok if we post the 'After CD' pics and (obviously) the 'Before CD' pics?
-it will show the contrast that when the plant loves(or doesnt) the CD in just a few days. :thumb:
This is a fantastic idea Ziggs. I will follow up in a few days with post drench pics.

Major PITA

GASS 5 days after 2nd Cat drench.

I'll post a picture of the GT(+) in a few days. She just got her 2nd CAT and it is too early to see the full results.

DrZiggy

Top Bottom