What strains are you gonna grow next?

I've got a Hawaiian Maui Waui seed and a Panama-Malawi seed picked out. Those two have similar flowering times, which means they should finish more or less around the same time.

Of course, it's my grow, so one of them is going to take forever... After it hermies. LOL

Pakalolo FTW! I'd love to grow some Kona Gold. Also, an honest try at columbian not the brickweed crap that I had as a kid.

Looking forward to the smoke report on the Maui Waui. :thumb:

I like sativas for daytime and indicas at night, but I don't know if I've ever had a pure sativa. I'm looking forward to these two! But I also have a carnival seed I want to grow. So many seeds, so little time!

Pakalolo FTW! I'd love to grow some Kona Gold. Also, an honest try at columbian not the brickweed crap that I had as a kid.

Looking forward to the smoke report on the Maui Waui. :thumb:

Ahhh the good ol' days of Hawaiian weed. :) I'd love some Kona Gold too! One day...

Northern Lights x Big Bud Ryder

12w2d from seed, 7w1d in flower. After I prepped some plain water and fed her this morning, I decided she looked ready. Snipped off the top of an upper bud (not very top but close to the top) and scoped it. Bus' mah britches! She's ready! So I chopped and washed her. Now she's drip-drying. I figure I'll trim after the Halloweeners are gone this evening.

After trimming, she yielded 438g buds and 60g trim. She's drying in a dehydrator on its lowest setting. I know the terpenes are getting blown all over the place, but I'm impatient. :p

I like sativas for daytime and indicas at night, but I don't know if I've ever had a pure sativa. I'm looking forward to these two! But I also have a carnival seed I want to grow. So many seeds, so little time!
The story of so many of our lives!!

Ain't that the truth!

Final weight for Northern Lights x Big Bud Ryder: 110g @ 60% RH. My biggest yield yet at just shy of 4oz! :cheer:

It's been a few days since I had a plant in my tent, but...

Ta-Daaaaa!

Introducing my two new seedlings, just popped today!

On the left is the famed Maui Waui, though this one from Nirvana has been altered from the original Hawaiian version. I can't wait to see if it's the same as what I remember from my teen years living in Honolulu (soooo long ago!).

On the right, the only "pure" sativa in my seed stash -- Panama x Malawi from Ace Seeds. This strain is getting some really nice reviews over in the cobbing thread, so I just had to try it.

Both seeds were prizes for the June Photo of the Month contest compliments of Seedsman!

I plan to grow both of these in hempy -- but in different buckets! Both buckets hold 7 gallons, so they might grow a bit. Luckily, I have that tall tent now, but to be on the safe side, I plan to flux them both. The rectangular hempy bucket should make that a breeze.

Cross your fingers for me that I don't mess it up! :rofl:

Maui Waui & Panama x Malawi

Seedlings are 1 day old. Their tap roots were coming out the bottom of the seed starter, so I primed the hempy buckets with 6L of SensiGrow for Coco (the only hydroponic grow solution I have on hand ATM) and 1/4 tsp Great White mycorrhizae, and then stuck them in! The first gallon of solution I poured in was full strength. That'll be at the bottom of the reservoir. Then I mixed the next 2 liters at 1/3 strength. I figured that'd "flush" the stronger solution down through the perlite toward the res and provide nutey goodness to the young rootlings.

Panama Malawi is currently 43" below the Growant 480-watt LED.
Maui Waui is 29" below the Mars-Hydro 480-watt LED.

Thanks, bro! I'm liking the hempy so far! So I've tried premixed soil, coco, and now hempy. I've also tried various training techniques. Now, we mix and match! :D

Here're the girls at age 3 days.

The girls are 3 days into veg now and looking good so far. I'm finding they can go a good 3 days between feedings, so it seems growing in hempy has that over growing in coco. When I watered on 12 Nov, I fed each plant a whole gallon of AN SensiGrow for Coco mixed at 1tsp/gallon (one-third strength). About two liters dribbled out the drain pipes between them (I have a single catch bowl for the two buckets), so they only needed <3L each.

When I fed them today (AN SensiGrow for Coco mixed at .5Tbsp/gallon (one-half strength), none dribbled out. Next time, I'll mix 1.5 gallons and see if that replenishes the reservoir without wasting any/much.

How does time manage to get away from me like this?! The girls are 2 weeks into veg now and doing OK. They're generally getting a light feeding every 3-4 days of either half-strength AN SensiGrow for Coco or that plus 1/4 tsp of Great White mycorrhizae.

Panama x Malawi
She's a strong grower! She's under the 480w Growant LED, which I moved to 23" above her. I topped her above the third node a few days ago, and yesterday, I started spreading the tops apart with the high tech emery board. :) Because one of the intake fans blows right at her, I put gardening staples in the hempy at a height tall enough to support the emery board but not so tall that it's stopped pressing down on the tops. Then I hung a pair of fishing weights (tied to the ends of a gardening wire) over the emery board to further press it down against the staples. Once her tops have grown out a little more, I'll trim back her foliage to slow her growth a little.

Maui Waui
She's short but her nodes are nice and tight. I topped her yesterday above the fourth node. Mostly, I'm concerned about her coloring. It's hard to see under the blurple light, but I tried to get some pics of her former top under normal light.

Any ideas what I'm dealing with? I'm almost out of the SensiGrow for Coco, so it's a convenient time to switch nutes if she's getting too much or too little of something with that. (I think the Coco variety of this nutrient adds something the regular hydroponic formula doesn't have.)

Back
Top Bottom